“Clean, relatively new, friendly service”

Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Passaic, New Jersey, USA
“Clean, relatively new, friendly service”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

The larger suites can comfortable handle a family of 6. Hotel is in good condition and the staff was friendly.

The pool was basically empty all day. If you are like my family that is what you want. The reason is fairly obvious once you get in though - it is an indoor pool but not heated. Too cold to stay in for more than a half hour or so.

My youngest needed a crib. The cribs available were a clean and sturdy foldup type.

I knew I would need a second room adn had called the hotel before booking. They told me to book online and then call back to confirm the rooms would be next to each other. This ended up getting a little messed up because I was not aware of the exact type of rooms I needed to book for that to work. Desk worked with me to switch the rooms over (I even ended up with a slightly cheaper second room) but I would be more careful in the future to ask for exactly which type of rooms are next to each other. (No connecting rooms available, btw.)

All rooms have a pull out couch which is about as comfortable as those things usually are. Bigger children will not sleep well on them generally.

Room Tip: The two room King/Queen suites really can handle a family of 6 if 2 are younger and can sleep on the...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Went on a Poconos mini vacation and chose this hotel based on other Trip Advisor reviews, and I'm glad I did. Hotel was located in a great spot central to many of the places we visited - Delaware Water Gap, Bushkill Falls and Camelbeach to name a few. The property looks new and is in great shape. Our room was fantastic and the full size fridge was perfect for storing everything we needed. Room was very spacious. I only had 2 small issues during our stay. First was extremely low water pressure in the shower and the second was that the wifi had a webpage where you had to enter a password, but the front desk clerk said this was an issue because there wasn't supposed to be a password but they had a call into tech support. Luckily I was on the end closest to the days inn so I just jumped on their free wifi and got the info I needed. I would definitely stay here again if ever back in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bill M
Delanco
Reviewed 22 August 2012

My husband and I like to visit various areas in Pennsylvania, the Poconos is one of them. Looking for a spacious suite with a kitchen that also includes a hot breakfast each morning for a reasonable price, we chose Staybridge Suites in East Stroudsburg, PA. I am very pleased we made this choice and it was based on the reviews and the research I did before booking this hotel. Of course, this is a very new hotel which just opened in February 2012 so it is extremely beautiful and very clean.

To begin, the Staff is very friendly and more than willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to make your stay comfortable and pleasant. When we checked in, the nice young lady at the Front Desk provided us with information from the Internet for various local addresses for places to have dinner the evening of check-in. She also made recommendations based on customer feedback that she received.

The best part was when we walked in to our King Size Bedroom Suite - we were in awe! It truly is set up like a small apartment, where you immediatey see a nice size kitchen area with a full size refrigerator, beautiful cabinets with plenty of dishes and cabinet space below, and a nice size cooking space with large Microwave/exhaust above, a full counter, sink, and diswasher. There is also a very nice table and chairs immediately next to the kitchen area where you can sit and(or) eat. The full size living room is immediately next to the kitchen and it is very large with a very comforable nice size couch with two ottomans to put your feet up and a separate chair and a flat screen television - very spacious. The kitchen/living room area also has a very nice coffee maker.

Another huge plus is that the air conditioing is controlled by a central air unit where you can set/program your hotel room to a particular temperature - much nicer than a manual air unit that blows cold (or hot) air directly on you! I like the fact the the bathroom and the bedroom are separate rooms/separate areas from the living room. Therefore, if one person wants to stay up late and watch TV in the living room, the other can go separately to the bedroom and not be disrupted and(or) can watch TV separately on the other flat screen TV which is also in the bedroom. The bedroom also contains a work station/work area where you can set up a computer/laptop with internet access. Therefore, if you are working and you do not want to be disrupted by someone watching TV and(or) talking in the kitchen/living room areas, the bedroom is the perfect quiet place to work. What a fantastic setup! The bed and the pillows are wonderful and extremely comfortable, and I love the towels and washcloths that are provided in the bathroom and the kitchen areas - they are super absorbent and high quality!

Each morning, a hot breakfast is available from 6:30AM to 9:30AM, and the Staff there is very friendly and come by to talk to you to make sure all is well. Please note that it is not a huge breakfast "buffet" with plenty of food choices. Rather, it is sufficient to have a reasonable, decent choice of breakfast foods each morning. The varieties of Wolfgang Puck Coffee is excellent and is a favorite of mine. Foods offered include various cereals, yogurts, bagels, a small assortment of danishes, eggs (hard boiled and(or) very small plain/round omelletes), small size home-fried-like potatoes, and sometimes a meat such as bacon and(or) sausage patties may be available. Also, a favorite of most is the Waffle maker where you can make your own waffles each morning. Please note that If you are a "picky" breakfast person and(or) you have special dietary needs and(or) preferences, it is best to bring some of your own breakfast foods and store them in your kitchen cabinets and(or) refrigerator in your hotel room.

I was also very impressed that the hotel has a separate room on the first floor that has two computers and a printer for hotel guests to use. Also, for those kids and(or) adults who like XBox/video games, they have a large room immediately next to the dining area on the first floor for kids and(or) adults to play video games where you can make movements which are displayed on a large TV screen in the video - very cool and great for parents still eating while their kids are finished with their breakfast and looking for something to do while waiting!

Only very small/minor complaints....I completely understand that this hotel has only been open for about six months and they are likely working things out...but...(1)First, to start with breakfast, they "ran out" of eggs on one particular day of our stay and also did not have any breakfast meats available on most days of our stay. We were told they were waiting for an "order" to come in. Also, NOT a good idea to place only one waffle maker out for hotel guests to use. There should be at least two waffle makers available at all times. We observed people waiting for extended periods of time just to make waffles. Some hotel guests decided not to make waffles because they had to wait too long and wanted to be "on the road" by a certain time in the morning. (2)Second, while the "heated" pool is very nice and the pool room itself is very warm, the pool water was very cold. They need to keep the pool "heated" - my husband was disappointed and the pool water was too cold for him to go for a swim.

Overall, these are very minor issues and we had an excellent stay. We look forward to stayting at the Staybridge Suites in East Stroudsburg (Poconos), PA again! The hotel itself and the suites are very impressive.

Room Tip: It is completely worth it for the little bit of extra money to get a king-size/full size suite. Grea...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DonnaDelanco
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Dear DonnaDelanco,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. I am delighted to hear that you truly had an excellent stay because of the room accommodations and amenities. However, since you mentioned our facilities to be positives, I apologize if some aspects did not meet your expectations. I am truly sorry for any difficulties you experienced with our waffle maker and condition of the pool while staying with us. I will make sure that your feedback will be reviewed and be forwarded to the appropriate departments to monitor and improve on our services.

I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Despite soiled sheets the room was great will stay again. I was nervous about the hotel but it turned out great. We cooked a romantic dinner on Saturday night in the suite. The breakfast was great as well. The cleaning people might want to recheck all the bedding again the bed mattress pad was soiled. We had to get new bedding.

• Stayed August 2012
New Jersey
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My stay was one of a kind. When I checked in front desk was very friendly. The young girl Victoria had me so excited about my stay and staying here. Until.......I got into my room and saw my busted bathroom sink. It looked like someone got so mad and got into a fight and put it to shreds. It wasn't cleaned or even fixed as if no one saw it. My sheets were dirty. I went to take a dip in the pool and the water was so cold I had to get out right away. Then later that night as I am trying to relax. About 3am I herd loud clanking outside my bedroom. I went out and saw a girl and a guy stumbling trying to get into the hotel room. They couldn't find there key. As I was watching I realized it was the girl from the front desk. She was off the clock I'm hoping! She was dressed very revealing and I just thought to myself why is the woman who works here drunk staying with hotel guests? What kind of place is this? I finally went back into my room i was so disgusted with what I saw. I then woke up to thinking I would get a great breakfast... TOTALLY WRONG! The food was all rubber and microwaved. But the coffee was amazing along with the woman who served and talked to me and made my day more delightful among all the negative aspects I felt. Overall spite the busted bathroom drawer, the pool, and seeing the front desk employee out of character, my stay was okay thanks to the free wifi!

Room Tip: Do not let the front desk employee with her butt hanging out of her pants fool you! Talk to the mana...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these East Stroudsburg hotels

NJ
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I am not sure why there are so many negative reviews. The hotel is beautiful, it seems that it has been upgraded or built not too long ago. They do a great job with the upkeep! The rooms are spacious & provide you all the ammenities to "live here"

The fridge has an ice maker inside. The rooms are clean, the bed & pillows are comfy. I have to admit, after reading the reviews, I was leary about staying here. I was nervous about breakfast as people whined about it, I actually picked 2 potential other chices near the hotel before I left home to go to if it was as terrible as people whined about. I thought that the breakfast was delicious & had many choices! The seating area is spacious & has several tvs to watch. Yes, the breakfast is slow at replacing food/plates, but there was only 1 girl doing it all, plus this is PA, where people are more laid back. I don't think they were purposly being slow, they just live at a slower pace...which isn't a bad thing. If you're worried they won't have your yogurt or whatever, make sure you get there earlier & don't wait till the last minute when you have to rush out - common sense.

This hotel certainly exceeded my expectations! I would definitly stay here again & I would recommend staying here.

Just because they might not have available the food item you want, I don't think it's fair to taint others idea about the hotel by rating it a 1. You can't please everyone, but don't be ignorant and rate it 1 if you don't like a pillow or they didn't have your yougurt available or you only have 2 rather than 3 glasses in your room. Truly rate it on the cleanliness, safety, comfort, decore, etc - the things that people actually look up reviews for.

The inside & outside of the hotel are clean, the carpets are clean. The stairways are all carpeted & nice to walk up & down. There is only 1 elevator so sometimes if it's busy, you can wait for a little, or walk the stairs.

The indoor pool is nice & clean. There is even a handicapped accessable chair there to help lower someone needing it into the water - nice touch!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JR05611
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 August 2012

My stay was ok apart from seeing the black lady's butt at the front desk which the 3 days I stayed I had to see it whenever she was at the counter and also deal with her being rude and trying to overcharge me $30 more for the room, online was $129 and she tried to charge me $159, while talking to her a white young man came and sat down to talk to her about going out drinking again while taking care of me!!!!!! that was rude!!!!!!! the other staff members Blanca and Seneca were perfect customer service, polite and educated when treating customers. The rooms need more housekeeping service and to take out the garbage from the room when is ready to be given to new guests and breakfast didn't have any yogurt, white bread, regular cream for my coffee, etc, etc, etc, I had to go to dunkin donuts to get a decent breakfast. when I tried to talk to Wendy she was also very rude while I was talking she kept saying "don't raise your voice", as a customer I think I'm entitle to raise my voice when Wendy didn't let me talk and also if I'm paying for the service, when I asked to speak to someone else she said I had to talk to her, I can't believe they have someone like that as a manager, the only person I was able to ask questions and get some kind of answer was Blanca she was at all the time very nice and excellent customer service skills, she did apologize profusely when I asked about breakfast missing so many items. Other then that i had a perfect estay close to everything i wanted to visit

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Budget Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos

Been to Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!