“Worst Staybridge I've been to” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos

Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Worst Staybridge I've been to”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

This is the fourth different Staybridge Suites I have stayed at. Typically they are great value hotels so I was pumped to find that the Stroudsberg area had one nearthe wedding i was attending. Unfortunatley this one fell short of the mark.

Upon check in at 1 pm I was told only one of our two rooms were ready. Not a big deal but Im a platinum member which garuntees a noon check-in and I think it reflects on management when such a simple garuntee cannot be kept.

Most staybridges have a nice outdoor area with chairs, a pool, hotub, grill and fireplace. This hotel is surrounded by parking lot so there is no outdoor area. They do have an indoor pool but it is small, cold, has a whopping 4 chairs next to it and is not vented properly so the pool area and the nearby hotel lobby smell like funk. No hottub.

The rooms were enormous. The suites had a modern flatscreen tv in each room and came with a full size fridge, a stovetop, dishes and utensils, and a granite counter top. The couches in both the rooms we rented were badly stained and looked like they were out of the 70's. In my room the bathroom door did not close all the way, in another rroom there was a curtain missing.

Breakfast is served complimentary every morning. We played a round of golf while up there and planned our tee time around what time breakfast was served. We got down there that morning and were told that the sign was wrong and breakfast actually starts a half hour later. This was obviously not the first time they had heard that complaint but apparently chainging the sign was to much work. I then asked is If could grab a cup of orange juice to go and I was told I would have to purchase it out of the small store. The next morning I did make breakfast but they could not keep up with the guests and were constantly running out of food and silverware.

Overall it was not a bad place and the pickings in the area are slim regarding hotels. Still I have to say that it fell well short of my expectations. I'd recomend looking around first before comitting here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Dear ares290,

Thank you for being a Platinum Priority Club Member and for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with our facilities and the services you received during your stay. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Manorville, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

Hallways and elevator have bad odor. Checked in and had no toilet paper in the room, called the front desk, they said we had to come to the front desk to get it. Found dried dog poop on curtains and rug asked for new room and they told us that they would clean the poop. Told them we didnt want to stay in that room so they agreed to move us but said it would take 30 minutes to clean our new room. 45 minutes later they told us that our new room was ready. When we got to the new room the beds weren't made, the toilet was not flushed and there were wet towels on the bathroom floor and dirty glasses in the sink. They told us they were sorry and 25 minutes later the room was ready. When we complained about the stay during checkout, they offered nothing, not even an apology. Disgraceful, disgraceful place!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gerard k
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Dear gerard k,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these East Stroudsburg hotels

Middletown, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

My husband and I recently spent five days at this hotel. I have to say we pricelined it, so I am unsure what the regular price is, but we felt is was a geat deal for the money we spent. We were there to spend time hiking and biking in the Delaware Water Gap, and the location was ideal for our needs. It is only a few miles from the main visitor center to the National Recreational Area. The property is relatively new, and still very clean and fresh looking., There is a pool, laundry room, gym, and large, bright gathering area onsite, as well as an outdoor barbecue spot. Breakfast is served daily, as was a light appetizer each evening before dinner time. The room we had was a studio, with a queen size bed, a sitting room area with a flat screen tv, a desk area to work, and a kitchenette complete with stove, large refrigerator, microwave, plenty of cabinets, basic pots and pans, and dinnerware for three people. Between included breakfasts, snacks in the late afternoon, and a full kitchen, we spent very little money on food for the week. It is a geat way to economize when traveling for business or pleasure. Our room was clean and very well stocked. Now, for the disappointments. We had to ask three different days for clean towels in our room. The breakfast area continuously ran out of silverware and sometimes out of the main courses. The pool was so freezing cold we were unable to get in past our ankles. Some of the hardware in the room is already broken, like cabinet handles and bathroom hooks. And the staff we spoke to about towels usually said they had no idea when more would be available. We chased down maids on other floors twice to stock our room with towels.

All in all, for what we paid, we thought it was a great deal, with a few minor inconveniences. I would certainly stay here again if returning to the area. The staff was pleasant, the location ideal for sightseeing, and the hotel itself was still relatively clean and quiet. Give it a try! Incidentally, the Delaware Water Gap was wonderful!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Compellen
Passaic, New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

The larger suites can comfortable handle a family of 6. Hotel is in good condition and the staff was friendly.

The pool was basically empty all day. If you are like my family that is what you want. The reason is fairly obvious once you get in though - it is an indoor pool but not heated. Too cold to stay in for more than a half hour or so.

My youngest needed a crib. The cribs available were a clean and sturdy foldup type.

I knew I would need a second room adn had called the hotel before booking. They told me to book online and then call back to confirm the rooms would be next to each other. This ended up getting a little messed up because I was not aware of the exact type of rooms I needed to book for that to work. Desk worked with me to switch the rooms over (I even ended up with a slightly cheaper second room) but I would be more careful in the future to ask for exactly which type of rooms are next to each other. (No connecting rooms available, btw.)

All rooms have a pull out couch which is about as comfortable as those things usually are. Bigger children will not sleep well on them generally.

Room Tip: The two room King/Queen suites really can handle a family of 6 if 2 are younger and can sleep on the...
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

Went on a Poconos mini vacation and chose this hotel based on other Trip Advisor reviews, and I'm glad I did. Hotel was located in a great spot central to many of the places we visited - Delaware Water Gap, Bushkill Falls and Camelbeach to name a few. The property looks new and is in great shape. Our room was fantastic and the full size fridge was perfect for storing everything we needed. Room was very spacious. I only had 2 small issues during our stay. First was extremely low water pressure in the shower and the second was that the wifi had a webpage where you had to enter a password, but the front desk clerk said this was an issue because there wasn't supposed to be a password but they had a call into tech support. Luckily I was on the end closest to the days inn so I just jumped on their free wifi and got the info I needed. I would definitely stay here again if ever back in the area.

1 Thank Bill M
Delanco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

My husband and I like to visit various areas in Pennsylvania, the Poconos is one of them. Looking for a spacious suite with a kitchen that also includes a hot breakfast each morning for a reasonable price, we chose Staybridge Suites in East Stroudsburg, PA. I am very pleased we made this choice and it was based on the reviews and the research I did before booking this hotel. Of course, this is a very new hotel which just opened in February 2012 so it is extremely beautiful and very clean.

To begin, the Staff is very friendly and more than willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to make your stay comfortable and pleasant. When we checked in, the nice young lady at the Front Desk provided us with information from the Internet for various local addresses for places to have dinner the evening of check-in. She also made recommendations based on customer feedback that she received.

The best part was when we walked in to our King Size Bedroom Suite - we were in awe! It truly is set up like a small apartment, where you immediatey see a nice size kitchen area with a full size refrigerator, beautiful cabinets with plenty of dishes and cabinet space below, and a nice size cooking space with large Microwave/exhaust above, a full counter, sink, and diswasher. There is also a very nice table and chairs immediately next to the kitchen area where you can sit and(or) eat. The full size living room is immediately next to the kitchen and it is very large with a very comforable nice size couch with two ottomans to put your feet up and a separate chair and a flat screen television - very spacious. The kitchen/living room area also has a very nice coffee maker.

Another huge plus is that the air conditioing is controlled by a central air unit where you can set/program your hotel room to a particular temperature - much nicer than a manual air unit that blows cold (or hot) air directly on you! I like the fact the the bathroom and the bedroom are separate rooms/separate areas from the living room. Therefore, if one person wants to stay up late and watch TV in the living room, the other can go separately to the bedroom and not be disrupted and(or) can watch TV separately on the other flat screen TV which is also in the bedroom. The bedroom also contains a work station/work area where you can set up a computer/laptop with internet access. Therefore, if you are working and you do not want to be disrupted by someone watching TV and(or) talking in the kitchen/living room areas, the bedroom is the perfect quiet place to work. What a fantastic setup! The bed and the pillows are wonderful and extremely comfortable, and I love the towels and washcloths that are provided in the bathroom and the kitchen areas - they are super absorbent and high quality!

Each morning, a hot breakfast is available from 6:30AM to 9:30AM, and the Staff there is very friendly and come by to talk to you to make sure all is well. Please note that it is not a huge breakfast "buffet" with plenty of food choices. Rather, it is sufficient to have a reasonable, decent choice of breakfast foods each morning. The varieties of Wolfgang Puck Coffee is excellent and is a favorite of mine. Foods offered include various cereals, yogurts, bagels, a small assortment of danishes, eggs (hard boiled and(or) very small plain/round omelletes), small size home-fried-like potatoes, and sometimes a meat such as bacon and(or) sausage patties may be available. Also, a favorite of most is the Waffle maker where you can make your own waffles each morning. Please note that If you are a "picky" breakfast person and(or) you have special dietary needs and(or) preferences, it is best to bring some of your own breakfast foods and store them in your kitchen cabinets and(or) refrigerator in your hotel room.

I was also very impressed that the hotel has a separate room on the first floor that has two computers and a printer for hotel guests to use. Also, for those kids and(or) adults who like XBox/video games, they have a large room immediately next to the dining area on the first floor for kids and(or) adults to play video games where you can make movements which are displayed on a large TV screen in the video - very cool and great for parents still eating while their kids are finished with their breakfast and looking for something to do while waiting!

Only very small/minor complaints....I completely understand that this hotel has only been open for about six months and they are likely working things out...but...(1)First, to start with breakfast, they "ran out" of eggs on one particular day of our stay and also did not have any breakfast meats available on most days of our stay. We were told they were waiting for an "order" to come in. Also, NOT a good idea to place only one waffle maker out for hotel guests to use. There should be at least two waffle makers available at all times. We observed people waiting for extended periods of time just to make waffles. Some hotel guests decided not to make waffles because they had to wait too long and wanted to be "on the road" by a certain time in the morning. (2)Second, while the "heated" pool is very nice and the pool room itself is very warm, the pool water was very cold. They need to keep the pool "heated" - my husband was disappointed and the pool water was too cold for him to go for a swim.

Overall, these are very minor issues and we had an excellent stay. We look forward to stayting at the Staybridge Suites in East Stroudsburg (Poconos), PA again! The hotel itself and the suites are very impressive.

Room Tip: It is completely worth it for the little bit of extra money to get a king-size/full size suite. Grea...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DonnaDelanco
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Dear DonnaDelanco,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. I am delighted to hear that you truly had an excellent stay because of the room accommodations and amenities. However, since you mentioned our facilities to be positives, I apologize if some aspects did not meet your expectations. I am truly sorry for any difficulties you experienced with our waffle maker and condition of the pool while staying with us. I will make sure that your feedback will be reviewed and be forwarded to the appropriate departments to monitor and improve on our services.

I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
IHG Care
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

Despite soiled sheets the room was great will stay again. I was nervous about the hotel but it turned out great. We cooked a romantic dinner on Saturday night in the suite. The breakfast was great as well. The cleaning people might want to recheck all the bedding again the bed mattress pad was soiled. We had to get new bedding.

• Stayed August 2012
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
#5 of 8 in Stroudsburg

Been to Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!