Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Super 8 Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
US$60
Days Inn East Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
US$79
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS(East Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
US$87
Value Inn(East Stroudsburg)
US$68
US$66
  • Breakfast included
Econo Lodge(Stroudsburg)
US$70
EconoLodge
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos(Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$119
Hampton.com
Pocono Inn At Water Gap(Delaware Water Gap)
US$79
US$55
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssuite hotelbreakfast was deliciousyogurtnice kitchenbushkill fallsup to datedays innkitchenettecelineskiingstovepetcountersofashawneegarbage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2013

On Saturday, August 17th, my wife and I attended a friends wedding in Blairstown NJ. The invitation informed us that a block of rooms had been reserved at the Staybridge Suites in E Stroudsburg for out of town guests. Several weeks before the wedding my wife booked a room for the night of the 17th and we were looking forward to a great weekend. Upon arrival we gave the young man at the desk our name. He could not find our name so we gave him the confirmation number. He looked up at us and said, "That reservation was for last night and we are out of rooms for tonight". There was no apology for their mistake, no explanation, no effort to try to do anything for us - - nothing. I asked if the motel had charged the room to my credit card and he said that it was in fact charged to my card as a "no show". I asked him to remove the charge and he said that he couldn't. I asked to speak to a manager and he said that the manager could not be reached on weekends and he gave his business card( Adam Hakky, Vice President, GCF Hotels). My wife and I tried to reach Mr. Hakky several times and can only get his voice mailbox. I sent an e-mail and received a response that said it would take 2-3 weeks for an official response. This place is a joke.
Do yourself a favor and go down to the Hampton Inn in Stroudsburg about 2 miles away.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank frank s
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear frank s,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I booked this hotel and was slightly skeptical, there were no guest room photos. One important parameter was accepting pets as we travel with our mini Dachshund.

The room is modern, well appointed, clean and extremely comfortable. We reserved a King Suite and found it to be a hidden gem. This is not a Fairmont or Waldorf, nor does it claim to be. It is however, a hotel we are very pleased to find. We have already booked our room for our way back home.

A hidden gem.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We had problems from the moment we walked in, and unfortunately, no on at the property could remedy them. We booked a king room months in advance (and although only requiring one night stay, booked 2 nights because that was their minimum). When we arrived, we checked in and were given keys to our room. When we got to the room, it wasn't a king bed. Called down and were told there were none available, despite the fact that we had confirmed our reservation. We asked to speak to the manager, and were told we would have to call him the next day. Next morning we spoke to someone at the desk who said we would have to talk to the owner about any rate adjustment, and that we would have to call him (since he's not at the hotel -- seemingly ever). Also, room was very tired. Couch was torn.
Problems continued. No water in the shower. When we called, they said when the pool water is running there's not shower water.
Breakfast Buffet was disgusting (both quality - or lack thereof) and had no supervision.
There's no housekeeping on the weekend! I've never been at a hotel with no housekeeping.
It's very noisy. You can hear you neighbors like they're in your room, and hear everything in the hallways.
The hallways and elevator are not air conditioned.
We couldn't wait to leave. Unfortunately, I left a jacket there. When I called, they said they did have my jacket, but they won't send it back. They told me I would have to arrange for FedEx or UPS to pick it up. Of course, neither fedex nor ups will pick up an item that's not packaged or labeled, so now I'm stuck.
I don't think I've ever dealt with a place so poorly managed. The "owner" is clearly not interested in running a quality operation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LajaVirginia
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear LajaVirginia,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Staybridge Suites Stroudsburg East Poconos, PA. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Was here this past weekend. We had our family reunion here. First i would say that to me this is a couples hotel. The only have one bed and a sofa bed. Customer service was not great. Myeslf and several cousins said that when calling to make reservation the employee were rude. The employees were not friendly at all on the phone. They were even nasty to my cousins who planned the event for the family reunion. When checking in the lady who waited on me was nice. The room are really nice and spaces. I had two room...one room that was a suite. Overall the hotel looked clean but I did notice the linen for the sofa bed smelled soon as you open it and was stained. We were able to get new linen. I did not eat the free breakfast. I would not stay here again because customer service is big to me.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear smiley4life2003,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Our Family was going on a vacation, just to visit the whole major attractions of PA. We were going to see Bush Kill Falls around this area and it seemed to be the only hotel that was decently priced, clean and close (from the other reviews and pictures). We were placed in a handicap room, where we had one 12 year old, one 7 year old and we were not even handicapped. The shower in the handicap bathroom, did not allow the water to go down the drain but instead flooded half the bathroom floor. We had to use four big bath towels to clean up the water. Then all the towels had to be placed in a plastic laundry bag. That was a lot of work!!!! Then, during the night, the hotel was full-capacity. The elevator door, opened and shut until 4:20 am. The four of us in room 208, did not get any sleep that night until starting 4:20. The next morning we were exhausted. And because we were so exhausted we had to cancel are reservations for canoeing. Hopefully the manager will contact us on Monday.

Room Tip: Dont let them give you a handicap room, especially by the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JoJoGurlMayers
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear JoJoGurlMayers,

However, We’re sorry about the room confusion and the noise during your stay. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.