“Great value, nice stay, would recommend”

Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Got this on Priceline (bid $75) and was happy with this property. It was centrally located with access to 209 and I80 a stones throw away, with no hwy noise. The complimentary breakfast was more than satisfactory, I can't believe how some people complain about the silliest things sometimes, I think everyone can find something that they will enjoy. They also have a evening reception Tues through Thursdays with donner and beer and wine, also complimentary. I utilized the business center to print our some coupons, there were two computers and one printer for use nd a wii gaming system with Wii sports in the entertainment area, nice touch. The poolo was on the cool side, but refreshing after a day outdoors. The room was spacious, very clean, with a nice sized kitchen with a toaster, 2 element cook top, pots pans, pates, etc, salt pepper, everything one could possibly need for a short stay. The flat screened tv could be viewed from the living area and the bedroom. my only complaint would be that the water temperature never got very hot and that our room was overlooked by housekeeping during our 2 night stay, although we had been out of our room for 5 plus hours. Staff was very nice amd accomodating. A very satisfying stay.

Room Tip: There are side entrances to the hotel which can be a quick way to get to your room without having to...

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I went to this hotel for a weekend getaway. The staff is very friendly and pleasant. Tina who welcomed us when we checked in was very nice and pleasant. Also the night girl on the front desk helped us with information we needed. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Every staff member I encountered was very nice. The hotel is very clean. The bed was very comfortable. Great location. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I would really rate this hotel 3.5 stars. The rooms are suites, very comfortable, clean and extremely well appointed. The kitchen has a lot of pots, pans, silverware, etc.

If you are there for a short period, or on the weekends, there is no regular housekeeping service, although you can request it. So, you have to make your bed!!

Breakfast was ok, but crowded.

My major complaint is that the walls are paper thin. You could hear your neighbors.

The front desk people were helpful, competent, friendly and went out of their way to make sure everything was great.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the interstate will be quieter. Try to get one on the end with only 1 room adjoinin...
Reviewed 19 August 2013

On Saturday, August 17th, my wife and I attended a friends wedding in Blairstown NJ. The invitation informed us that a block of rooms had been reserved at the Staybridge Suites in E Stroudsburg for out of town guests. Several weeks before the wedding my wife booked a room for the night of the 17th and we were looking forward to a great weekend. Upon arrival we gave the young man at the desk our name. He could not find our name so we gave him the confirmation number. He looked up at us and said, "That reservation was for last night and we are out of rooms for tonight". There was no apology for their mistake, no explanation, no effort to try to do anything for us - - nothing. I asked if the motel had charged the room to my credit card and he said that it was in fact charged to my card as a "no show". I asked him to remove the charge and he said that he couldn't. I asked to speak to a manager and he said that the manager could not be reached on weekends and he gave his business card( Adam Hakky, Vice President, GCF Hotels). My wife and I tried to reach Mr. Hakky several times and can only get his voice mailbox. I sent an e-mail and received a response that said it would take 2-3 weeks for an official response. This place is a joke.
Do yourself a favor and go down to the Hampton Inn in Stroudsburg about 2 miles away.

3  Thank frank s
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear frank s,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Janice A

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I booked this hotel and was slightly skeptical, there were no guest room photos. One important parameter was accepting pets as we travel with our mini Dachshund.

The room is modern, well appointed, clean and extremely comfortable. We reserved a King Suite and found it to be a hidden gem. This is not a Fairmont or Waldorf, nor does it claim to be. It is however, a hotel we are very pleased to find. We have already booked our room for our way back home.

A hidden gem.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We had problems from the moment we walked in, and unfortunately, no on at the property could remedy them. We booked a king room months in advance (and although only requiring one night stay, booked 2 nights because that was their minimum). When we arrived, we checked in and were given keys to our room. When we got to the room, it wasn't a king bed. Called down and were told there were none available, despite the fact that we had confirmed our reservation. We asked to speak to the manager, and were told we would have to call him the next day. Next morning we spoke to someone at the desk who said we would have to talk to the owner about any rate adjustment, and that we would have to call him (since he's not at the hotel -- seemingly ever). Also, room was very tired. Couch was torn.
Problems continued. No water in the shower. When we called, they said when the pool water is running there's not shower water.
Breakfast Buffet was disgusting (both quality - or lack thereof) and had no supervision.
There's no housekeeping on the weekend! I've never been at a hotel with no housekeeping.
It's very noisy. You can hear you neighbors like they're in your room, and hear everything in the hallways.
The hallways and elevator are not air conditioned.
We couldn't wait to leave. Unfortunately, I left a jacket there. When I called, they said they did have my jacket, but they won't send it back. They told me I would have to arrange for FedEx or UPS to pick it up. Of course, neither fedex nor ups will pick up an item that's not packaged or labeled, so now I'm stuck.
I don't think I've ever dealt with a place so poorly managed. The "owner" is clearly not interested in running a quality operation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LajaVirginia
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear LajaVirginia,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Staybridge Suites Stroudsburg East Poconos, PA. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Was here this past weekend. We had our family reunion here. First i would say that to me this is a couples hotel. The only have one bed and a sofa bed. Customer service was not great. Myeslf and several cousins said that when calling to make reservation the employee were rude. The employees were not friendly at all on the phone. They were even nasty to my cousins who planned the event for the family reunion. When checking in the lady who waited on me was nice. The room are really nice and spaces. I had two room...one room that was a suite. Overall the hotel looked clean but I did notice the linen for the sofa bed smelled soon as you open it and was stained. We were able to get new linen. I did not eat the free breakfast. I would not stay here again because customer service is big to me.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear smiley4life2003,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A

#2 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos
Hampton Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville

Been to Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!