“could have been better”

Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Reviewed 16 January 2014

2nd stay here. rooms are great and clean. (most) of the staff is really nice. Breakfast buffet, the first time around was great the breakfast attendant was awesome. (Spanish lady) was so nice and attentive to everyone's needs. This time around the breakfast attendant was flustered and lost. She was disorganized and milk containers, and food containers were dirty with dried food stuck to it. I asked her for the Spanish lady that worked there and she spoke to me with an attitude that she wasn't with them anymore. I spoke to the Asian lady at the front desk and was brushed off. I feel like if this is the way I will be treated and served in dirty containers I don't need to be there ever again. BRING THE SPANISH LADY BACK....PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: comfy rooms
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SadnDisapntd
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear SadnDisapntd,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service at breakfast prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were truly pleased to see your positive comments for the staff as well as the high scores for Cleanliness, Rooms, and Sleep Quality. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We picked this hotel because we were able to get a two bedroom two bath suite. It was even better than we could have imagined. The staff was excellent and friendly. The room was comfortable and spacious. The complimentary breakfast was varied and good. We especially enjoyed the waffle maker. Easy access - right off of Exit 309 off of I-80. Would definitely recommend and will definitely stay here again. Hope to be able to enjoy the complimentary wine/beer and munchies Tuesday through Thursday nights next time we stay here. Heard it's pretty good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
staybridge561, Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feed back with us and are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay in every aspect. We most certainly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in your future visits to the Pocono

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We often stay in this area and are always looking for accommodations that are clean and well-appointed. The Staybridge Suites were recommended by friends so we gave it a try on Christmas. We were not disappointed. The suite consisted of a kitchenette, living area with sofa, desk, dresser, king bed and bathroom. There was plenty of space. A pillow choice was provided. The kitchen cabinets were stocked with condiments and the attractive cabinets housed china as well as anything that could be needed to cook a meal. The refrigerator was larger than the usual mini and had a freezer unit with an ice-maker. A complete breakfast was provided. Tina Pan, at the front desk, was very personable and informative, providing a welcoming face for our overnight stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2013

1st, the review on the hotel sites are screened. I posted a review with list of cons and office it was never posted up. So I come here. Def go based on reviews here.
I have stayed here several times for business reasons.

Staff are very nice and friendly.
Rooms are ok. There are kitchenettes, no oven but dish washing machines.
There is a laundry room
My stays have been quiet so far
The bed always appear clean. I always come with lysol (to hotels like these)so I spray down everything to my satisfaction.

Cons-
Rooms aren't thoroughly cleaned. Dead swatted flies on Window
On an occasion saw bug in room which I gave a trashing of its life.
Hair let on hair dryer(lucky I didn't need to use it)
Seen hair in shower on some stays
Gym machines are old. No free weights
Wifi for streaming is slower than dial up...like super slow. Its ridiculous.

I stay here mostly because of the kitchenette and full fridge as I have to be here for several days and I like to bring my own food. Pots are cheesy.

Even with the list of cons, the most consistent is obv gym which they appear to not want to update. And the slow wifi.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Naijagirl
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Naijagirl,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our aim is to provide 100% satisfactory experience but it is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with the condition of the room and gym facility. Your feedback will enable us to consider for upgrades needed on premises. Despite this, it is nice to know that you found our staff to be accommodating.

We all hope you can give us another chance to host you again in the future.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I found Staybridge Suites last minute from reading reviews on trip advisor. This place is really great, due to the friendliness of the staff, especially Tina, the great manager, the clean and well taken care of rooms, amenities, accepting of pets, and free breakfast buffet.

I had to come here last minute, due to a family emergency and wanted to stay close to the local medical center, which I had a member of my family staying. I was supposed to only stay for a couple of days, but had to extend my stay, which Tina was very understanding and was able to allow us to stay in our room, although they had been booked up with the holidays. Also, because most of my family lived far away and didn't live local, she allowed us to take over the game room during lunch time to take breaks away from the hospital.

The Budget Inn, for some reason has more star ratings for reviews, maybe because it is a lot cheaper than Staybridge, but the more I researched Budget, the more I found out from a few resources that they had bed bugs, so please check this place out first, because it's really been a comfort and pleasure to stay here during this difficult time.

Thanks Staybridge!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
staybridge561, Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Ashley H
Thank you on behalf of our Staybridge Team for taking the time to share your feedback and kind words.. We are delighted to learn that our Team and Tina was able to take your Family needs into consideration and make your stay a comfortable and welcoming one.
We extend our best wishes to your Family and look forward to seeing you as our guests in the future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

i recently booked an overnight trip at the staybridge suites hotel. a great place to stay, the staff was very friendly and very nice. i really enjoyed the location and i look forward to staying again, many thanks i will highly recommend to friends and family .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
staybridge561, Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Lilly582
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as our guest at the Staybridge Suites Poconos. We delighted that we were able to insure that your stay was an enjoyable one and sincerely appreciate your recommendation to your friends and family.
We look forward to you visiting us in the future while in the Poconos

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Absolutely beautiful hotel! We booked this hotel for a weekend ski getaway for Valentine's. We stayed at the hotel a couple nights, ate at the Pocono Manor and went skiing. It was a lot of fun and the rooms were clean and beautiful.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kate P
staybridge561, Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Kate P
We thank you on behalf of the Staybridge Poconos Team for taking the time to provide us your feedback for your stay with us. We are delighted to have met your expectations and will look forward to serving you again in a future stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville

Been to Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!