“Hidden in the Woods...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Stroudsburg
Mountain Vista Campground
“Hidden in the Woods...”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband, daughter + I stayed here for two nights on our way back from MD. I found it strange that upon making the reservation, I was told that they did not accept credit or debit cards and to bring cash or check. I had to detour to an ATM prior to our arrival. Staff seemed competent but not overly friendly or warm. We were directed (in our 40' Class A) through winding gravel roads (this place is BIG on GRAVEL) then into a rather narrow site with a downward pitch that was beyond the ability of our leveling system. Once we were positioned, there was virtually no room to either side. The entire campground is VERY wooded which was nice during the heat of the day + very quiet at night. We didn't use the pool, tennis court or other amenities but they seemed clean + well maintained but were VERY FAR from our (and most) sites. The store was well stocked but the woman behind the counter actually made me wait until she finished eating before ringing me up. We were able to get a cab to bring us to nearby ADVENTURE SPORTS (highly recommended!) where their amazing staff brought us to a beautiful day kayaking down the Delaware River. Overall Mountain Vista is a clean, pet friendly place but I'm not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank NikkiD64

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This is a good private campground in the Pocono area. The sites are typically well spaced and wooded. Camp store is stocked. Plenty of activities planned. As a note. BRING CASH As they do not take credit cards.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Alex S
Horsham, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Was a little weary about staying because we were not able to get an idea, via map, of the layout of the campground. We were pleasantly surprised.... the sites are a nice size, plently of activities, clean pool and restroom. The restroom is situated closer to tent sites and has a lit trail that run along the back of these sites for evening runs. Although it was up a bit of a hill, not a big deal. Staff was really friendly. they are also extremely pet friendly. Would definately visit again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Patti L
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Very family oriented. I have read reviews that said the campground is too strict. They have their rules and they stand by them. Which I appreciate. That's what makes it a good place for kids. Staff is excellent. All are very knowledgable and very eager to give assistance when needed. I found the rates comparable or better than other places I've stayed. So if you're looking for a nice , respectful place to stay with your family you can't go wrong here. If you're looking for a party campground this isn't the place. They will ask you to leave. I gave the rooms ( Cabins) a good review only because I saw them but did not stay in them.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Rob7779
Belvidere, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I absolutely LOVE this campground. I have stayed here twice and decided to get a Seasonal Site. It's very well maintained and the folks who run the campground are so nice accommodating. The pool is gorgeous too! VERY clean! The sites are spacious and the sewer/electric/water/cable works well. Wifi signal is strong. It's a pretty quiet campground which is what I really like because it's my escape. Lots of security so I feel very safe. The best part for me is that this is a truly dog friendly campground. The owners have dogs themselves and have always been dog people. Lots of campgrounds "tolerate" dogs... here my 3 boys are welcomed completely. I really can't say enough positive things... like I said, I'm getting a Seasonal Site! If that's not an A+ report I don't know what is!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stacy B
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We just got back from Mt Vista. It was awesome. Everyone was so friendly and helpful and the campsites were big and they were nice and laid back. The only negative was that there is no bathhouse close to where the tents are placed who are the people who need it most but it doesn't ruin the experience. Great location.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Melissa P
North Port, Florida
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We found this to be a beautiful campground, with a very generous sized campsite. The staff and owners were all very friendly, and the grounds were well kept. We appreciated the fact that full time residents were not allowed here - my understanding is that even the seasonal sites are only allowed to be occupied a maximum of 4 days a week - it feel less like a neighborhood, and more like a campground, which is why we go in the first place.

Room Tip: The staff is very accomodating in site selection - just tell them what you are looking for and they...