“Great place! Pet friendly!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Stroudsburg
Mountain Vista Campground
Bear Creek, Pennsylvania
“Great place! Pet friendly!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed there in pur pop up camper. We are new to camping and just purchased our first camper. Making my reservation over the phone was easy and welcoming. The woman was incredibly friendly and welcoming. The same woman checked us in. I arrived an hour early and there were no problems. We had a w/e site in the Tent section. It is far from the bathrooms but you can pull thru and it was by the dog park which was great for our lab. There are many dogs and it is extremely clean. Other campers are friendly and respectful. It is quiet at night. It is still the "offseason" but there were plenty of people there. No complaints and it was a wonderful first camping experience. We only live 35 miles away and had we stayed 2 nights we would have been eligible for a neighbor discount! Great staff, friendly campers, very pet friendly!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Justin B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I visited this campground last season for the first time and were very pleased with our stay. When we returned last weekend we were again very satisfied. Staff is fantastic and always helpful with anything that you may need. Store is well stocked with almost anything you may need. They have a great enclosed pet run that they added last season, WIFI throughout the campground, tons of activities for the kids, and swimming pool. The laundry room is always clean and well kept. When I requested information about a seasonal site, they brought the information right to my site for me. They have also been incredible when I have made reservations by phone in the past. This is the best, local, family staffed campground we have ever been to during all our travels. We can 't wait to go back again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank BigGisty
Nalcrest, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013

we picked mountain vista at random & we were so pleased when we arrived. this is a charming
RV/tent/cabin campground. the owners & staff are wonderful. they helped us w/every silly
question we had. such as the grocery store, post office & even Verizon. also how to get to the
nearby wineries. the owners take a lot of pride in their very clean & well-run property. hey if you have a problem w/common sense rules go somewhere else.
the only complaint we have for the 3 months we spendt in this lovely area___has nothing to do
w/mountain vista. quite simply it RAINED almost the whole summer. I know some of you will blame mountain vista for the weather....LOL>

Room Tip: the RV spaces are a nice size.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kathryn h
Pottstown, PA
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was our first time at mountain vista campground, but it won't be our last. The campground was clean and very nice. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We didn't use the pool, but it looked clean and people were having a good time. Lots of activities for all ages. Site was nice and level and spacious. Bring cash to pay money owed for your reservation. We had a great experience for our first time mountain camping. Would highly recommend this campground.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rockee40
Oxford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We found this campground on a national list of "Top 100 Campgrounds" we have a 36' Class A Motor home and tow a jeep. We made the reservations in the winter and mailed in our deposit because they do not accept cards. This is surprising considering the campground is quite large. We had a level, pull through gravel site with just enough room to park our jeep. The camp sites are close, but wooded so you don't feel like your neighbor is right on top of you. We brought our 5 and 3 year old daughters, and they loved it. Because of the gravel roads, the girls could not ride their bikes around the campground, however I saw older children riding bikes with no problems. The kids enjoyed "mining" for gems, the playgrounds and fishing in the pond. I even caught a large mouth bass! We did not swim but the pool looked great, we watched others play tennis and basketball. Saturday night they had a band under the pavilion and we really enjoyed sitting by the fire listening to the music. My only suggestion would be to upgrade the shower/bathroom areas. Everything works, it's just that they just feel musty, old and outdated.

Room Tip: All the sites looked great.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Souderton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband and I have have stayed here several times at Mountain Vista Campground and will definately keep this on our short trip list. The staff are super friendly and the campground is well maintained. Although we didn't use the pool or tennis courts, they looked clean and inviting.

The campground was semi-booked/full when we stayed in July 2013 but you wouldn't hae none it from the peacefullness of the campground. It was great to see the staff periodically drive through the campground checking on things and making their presense known.

The bathrooms building was clean and well maintained. The only issue I have with the showers is that you have to manually hold the handle to take a shower which makes it a bit challenging to shower onehanded. The outside seating area was inviting with the benches, seats and loungers.

Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank michelle m
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband, daughter + I stayed here for two nights on our way back from MD. I found it strange that upon making the reservation, I was told that they did not accept credit or debit cards and to bring cash or check. I had to detour to an ATM prior to our arrival. Staff seemed competent but not overly friendly or warm. We were directed (in our 40' Class A) through winding gravel roads (this place is BIG on GRAVEL) then into a rather narrow site with a downward pitch that was beyond the ability of our leveling system. Once we were positioned, there was virtually no room to either side. The entire campground is VERY wooded which was nice during the heat of the day + very quiet at night. We didn't use the pool, tennis court or other amenities but they seemed clean + well maintained but were VERY FAR from our (and most) sites. The store was well stocked but the woman behind the counter actually made me wait until she finished eating before ringing me up. We were able to get a cab to bring us to nearby ADVENTURE SPORTS (highly recommended!) where their amazing staff brought us to a beautiful day kayaking down the Delaware River. Overall Mountain Vista is a clean, pet friendly place but I'm not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank NikkiD64
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Timothy Lake South RV
Timothy Lake South RV
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Mountain Vista Campground? Share your experiences!