“A relaxing low key spa in the country” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Deerfield Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Deerfield Spa
New York NY
“A relaxing low key spa in the country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I planned a quick spa weekend recently and so glad I chose Deerfield Inn and Spa.
The staff, management and guests were all very friendly.
The Inn has a country inn feeling to it and is well taken care of and very clean and comfortable.
There are a selection of fitness classes therefore you are able to find the classes that are right for
you. If you love the outdoors there are professional hikes.
In the summer months there is a great outdoor pool for water aerobics or just to swim and relax.
The low cal portion controlled meals were really delish and the chef is very creative with the daily
specials. The staff is professional and courteous and will fill your requests and provide any information you require.
I had a fabulous vacation and will return hopefully soon.

Room Tip: Request a larger room in the inn or a patio room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank salomeflowers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I went solo and was pleasantly surprised when I arrived to have been upgraded to the annex. My room and bathroom were very clean and the A/C ( window unit) was so great. I spent July 4 weekend at Deerfield spa.

The class instructors were professional, informed and easily approachable. The best were the people I met. I sat at a different table at each meal and mingled during snack breaks. The guests were their for a variety of reasons. I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and the owner Joan is so personable, funny and just can't do enough to make sure you have everything you want.

This is not a foo foo high end spa but it is a fabulous getaway that offers everything one would need to escape and enjoy. The hikes were a personal highlight. The food is calorie controlled but you have the option to add if you want.

I will return.

Room Tip: I saw rooms in the main house ( smaller ) but was happy to have had an upgrade to the annex.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank philadelphiaMax
Oakland, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

As a guy who needed badly to de-stress, I found the Spa a great value, very relaxing and inviting.

At 1st was a little concerned that there would be too many gals/portions too small, but was very pleased & everyone made me feel at home. The food was great, had as much as I wanted, and facilities very clean & terrific - been too many places where the sauna, hot-tub, pool or something didn't work/filthy, and/or over-advertised... but not here.

Very impressed with the number of returning visitors which came as far as Vermont, DC & Maryland; all who had great experiences currently with Joan at helm, as well as back when her mom ran things.

Also liked the all-inclusive price - no tipping allowed. For example, they offer daily hikes where the van brings you to a location, provide sunscreen, bug spray, walking sticks, fanny-packs, & cold water...... they really don't miss a trick in taking care of you.

I also observed them catering to many different dietary restrictions with ease and grace - “no problem” was often heard (ex. 1 woman needed a pound of broccoli & so she was provided).

The facilities are open 24-hours, so I was able to take a sauna & hot tub at 2am, work out at 5am, and knew people that received massages as late as 9:30pm. While the rooms are cozy & quant, the Spa facilities are very modern (tread mills, spin bikes, free weights/machines, punching bags & out-door basketball court). Shower water pressure was great & I was on the 2nd level (something else that can be a pet-peeve).

Someone mentioned below that the road noise was a little distracting while sleeping – I just closed my windows & the A/C was the perfect cover to get a great night’s sleep. Almost all of the facility/resting areas are in the back & didn’t find it at all distracting.

Joan & team (including masseuses Lisa & Selina with the strong hands) are carrying out the family tradition - will do everything possible to make your stay customized & wonderful.

-Lou P

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lou B
Putnam Valley, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Deerfield Inn and Spa is not a modern, luxury spa, but the setting is beautiful, with woods and nature. The buildings are clean and quaint. It's definitely meant for those who want to get back into a healthy physical and nutritional routine, but there's no pressure. There are different classes offered throughout the day or you can just laze by the pool or go shopping at The Crossings if you want. Hiking excursions are offered and the varying guest needs are considered. We were led ahead of the slower group and shown an amazing view of the Delaware Valley. The hike leader left to rejoin the others and we easily caught up. It was nice not to be held back. We mostly took pool or yoga classes, which were good. Some people might prefer a wider variety of yoga instructors and styles. There are more strenuous exercise choices, but we weren't looking for that. As for the food, while my sisters were hungry after three days, I had just finished a portion control routine and adjusted to the lesser amount of food easily. It was well prepared and tasty, while not gourmet. The only thing I needed more of was coffee. Vegans should let the chef know before arriving so the kitchen is prepared, but there are vegetarian choices at each meal. I do recommend that they coordinate guests with dining tables better. We were a party of three and there was only room for us to be together if we arrived early and sat at a table for four. We ended up creating our own table because we came to be together. That being said, the staff is friendly, nice, and flexible. We were able to upgrade the Swedish massages to the Hawaiian Lomi massage, which was heavenly. They met our needs and we all acknowledged that we felt comfortable and relaxed there. We like to explore other places, so we won't run back, but we'll definitely keep it in mind for another sister reunion.

Room Tip: The annex has rooms on the road or poolside. Choose poolside for less noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Karen P
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is a very tired property. The decor is cheesy and dated and the food is highly medicore, though it is calorie-controlled. The classes are not well thought out and there is at least one staff member whose views on nutrition were so outlandish it made us all laugh. I am glad I did not pay for the massage (it was included) since it was unskilled at best. The exercise is only suited for beginners and the equipment is dated. I would not recommend a trip to Deerfield. I will say that the other guests and staff were all very nice people, but this is not a spa for anyone expecting a modicum of sophistication or an upscale environment.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank kathkel
Poughkeepsie, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Deerfield Spa was all that I hoped it would be. This was my first girl get-a-way and I traveled with my friend. The room was clean, cozy and the perfect size. The food was outstanding! It was flavorful and well displayed which had my taste buds excited! Joan the owner was friendly, personable and accommodating. Thank you Joan for making this a wonderful experience for me. I will definitely be back!
Rochelle

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rochelle S
far rockaway, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I love Deerfield! It affords me the opportunity to have numerous getaways throughout the year. It is a laid back, comfort zone where you can choose workouts all day, or relax by the pool! Hiking is always another option.
At night, it is a short 10 -15 minute ride to the Deerhead Inn for some of the finest jazz, or just stay in and get a great massage.
Whatever you choose, this place gives you the options. Leave your make -up home, grab a friend or go alone. I have done both and continue to return

Room Tip: All of the rooms are warm, cozy, and clean If you feel you would like your own private porch and mo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Norma P
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,974 reviews

Been to Deerfield Spa? Share your experiences!