“tricky schedules never posted online, one activity per day, waste time”
Review of Fernwood Resort

Fernwood Resort
“tricky schedules never posted online, one activity per day, waste time”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We saw so many attractive outdoor activities posted online, looked like you can participate all the time? No, they are spread out almost one activity per day, like the horse riding, only Monday, Wed, and one weekend day, Blue tubing only Tuesday, Thursday, etc. If you stay two nights there, you can only get two major outdoor activities, Weekend you can catch little more. We called before we booked, no body answer our calls, we left message, no body called us back. We thought it must be a busy business. It turned out, they just want to save money for their operation.

there is no shampoo in the room, no room service. the sofa bed is so old and loose, it hurt my back so badly. Never stay there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Suifen L
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Fernwood Resort, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
First foremost allow me to take this time to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. Our Horseback riding is normally opened Monday Wednesday Friday Saturday Sunday. They are only closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I do apologize for the misinformation you received. Also, our Blue Lighting Tubing amenity is opened Monday, Tuesday Friday Saturday and Sunday. Lastly, I apologize for the level customer service you received, I can assure you that is not our normal standard. Our goal is to satisfy our guests and timeshare owners above and beyond and we will do what ever it takes to accomplish that goal. I thank you for taking this time to write a review and hope in the future you will reconsider us and come stay and see how we have improved.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Bergen county
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I write this review as I currently sit here at the pool watching my kids wondering how I am going to dry them up when they are done. The pool towels that are supposedly provided are nowhere too be found. I called the reception and they did what they always do, transfer u too housekeeping.

We checked in on Saturday 12 April 2014. As I said we are currently still here

Upon checking in we got to our "villa", and it wAs a scene straight from the movie "Vacancy". Smelly, disgusting, old and every other word u can think of. We took our bags back to the car, went to reception and demanded a better room. We were told that the one we had were pretty nice???

We got to our new room which was a whole lot better, not great but better and we decided to gforget all about the old room. We went out to enjoy the day. The. Imminent theme is that u have more fun outside the villa then in. We came back after dinner and I decided to out my kids in the jacuzzi tub. My kids were in and I filled the water and put the jets on and all of a sudden an explosion of dirt, old bubbles and bodily slime all blasted out on to my kids. I grabbed them and put them out and rinsed them in the shower. We called reception who were so rude and didn't. At at all and we had to call 3 times before they sent out maintenance team. The maintenance team were highly disgusted and we realized the tub was not sanitized. We decided to call it a night and went to bed.

Throughout the night I struggled with my asthma, wheezing and coughing. I took my meds and in the morning when I woke up I realized why!!! Because the side table next to my bed had a few layers of dust. I'm fact we checked the rest of the room and found that nobody had wiped the place clean.

We have been calling and calling for help till now we called again due to no towels at the pool. It's been over and hour and have relieved no response.

DO NOT WASTW UR MONEY. WE PAID $450 for the two nights and have spent and extra $500 in total on the fun stuff outside the resort. We feel as if we have been taken advantage of
We have driven to the main reception 3 times in search of a manager and we get told he is on the grounds. We check out tomorrow

Put it this way nobody cares if you are happy or not. This is a place we will NEVER set foot
In again.

This morning we got a call from somebody in corporate asking us to see if we are interested in buying timeshare. I said. Lo because I have had a terrible experience thus far. The lady on the other end just responded by "okay. Thank you" and she put the phone down. Now if that's corporate then u should realize why they treat u this way on the resort!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
7 Thank Qcarras
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Fernwood Resort, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
First and foremost, I sincerely apologize that you had a less than desirable stay at our resort. Our inspection process is usually quite thorough and I would apologize for any shortfalls in our more typical standards of presentation on this occasion. I have shared you review with our Housekeeping Manager, so that she may address the housekeeping staff on your observations and pictures. I also apologize for the unacceptable level of customer service you have received as well. We are continuously working hard to improve our resort. I have asked our Quality Assurance Team to try and determine the villa number in which you stayed so that a complete inspection can be done. I can assure you that their reports are extremely detailed and any issues found, including those you have made note of, will be addressed by our Preventative Maintenance Team.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Travellers are raving about these East Stroudsburg hotels

Tuckerton, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We rented a 2 bedroom condo to stay in for 2 nights. At a little over $200/night, it seemed like a good value... until we saw the unit. It was disgusting!!! There was visible black mold where the paint was peeling away from the ceiling in the main bathroom-- my husband and son are allergic to mold and both got very sick with sore throats, headaches, and trouble breathing. Paint was peeling all throughout the unit. The sliding glass door in one of the bedrooms wasn't hung properly, and left a gap at the bottom where the door is supposed to seal-- instead we could see almost a half inch of daylight coming through. This allowed for outside air to come in and allowed bugs in also. My husband killed a spider the size of a half dollar in the bathroom. The furniture was grimy and the couch cushions weren't even matched (there was one couch cushion that clearly came from another couch). We had to bleach the bathroom ourselves because it was too disgusting to use as is. Numerous things were broken inside the unit, the screen door off the living room was just propped up laying against the sliding glass door in the living room, and the heat didn't work.

The staff was kind until we mentioned there was a problem. We called about the heat not working (we never even brought the nastiness of the unit to anyone's attention except to note what was clearly broken so that we wouldn't be charged for it upon checkout, which happened on a different phone call). We were expecting a simple fix, but instead they were downright rude. They were dismissive, put us down, and had the nerve to say that the unit we were in was a rental unit and they only maintain their timeshare units!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ChaelaS
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Fernwood Resort, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
First and foremost, let me take this time to apologize for the inconvenience of your stay and for the level of customer care that you received. I can assure you this is not our usual standard. I have forwarded your concerns to our Housekeeping Department to try and determine the villa in which you stayed to investigate why these items were not taken care of . These items should indeed have been noted and corrected prior to the Villa being released for check–in. Our inspection process is usually quite thorough and I apologize for any shortfalls. I have asked our Quality Assurance Team to do a thorough inspection once we determine which villa you stayed in. I can assure you that their reports are extremely detailed and any issues found, including those you have made note of, will be addressed by our Preventative Maintenance Team. Our staff work diligently to ensure our guests are given the experience they deserve. I hope that you will take time in the future to visit us again and see the improvements we have made. Thank you for taking time to write this review.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I booked a stay with villas tree top 1800-770-3763 and I had to contact them three times after never receiving an email confirmation as I was told I would. Each time I called I thought I was calling a different place because you can't make out what they are saying when they answer the phone. I received reveiw warning notifications once they finally emailed my confirmation and had immediate second thoughts on taking my family there. I contacted their location again @1800-770-3765 and when I attempted to cancel my reservation...they were very rude and would not give me a refund. They were offended when I made them aware that I am canceling because of the NUMEROUS bad reviews and purposely blew me off and all of my concerns. So instead of taking that opportunity to persuade me and to speak highly of their resort contrary to what the reviews say, the were very rude to me. I definitely had no invasions on reconsidering then. They told me that my money is transferable to another day and Time but could not address my inquiries about the review on the bed bugs and dirtyness of their resort and they hung up on me after they cancelled my reservation. So I lost out on my $53.00 but thank God It was ONLY $53.00. Great Customer Service is everything and it's what really separates the good businesses from the bad. This place just lost out on having a great family to stay and to pour great business into their business all because of their bad customer service!

2 Thank KitKat C
Dresher, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I just want to say. This place was nothing like there web page. We had a Jacuzzi tub that stayed on all night after using it. The pool was very unsanitary and there was a couple basically having sex in the pool and nothing was done about it. The pool was so cloudy and dirty that my son dropped his goggles and he couldn't find them. We lost a pair of goggles in the pool. The door to the balcony wasn't even closed all the way and we couldn't get it closed so it was freezing cold in the living room. When checking out the staff didn't even care that I had problems they basically just ignored me when I was letting them know of my problems. The patio grille was run down and scary looking. This was by far the worst place I have ever been to and I would never go there again or recommend this place to anyone!!! Very Very Disappointing!!! Not worth my money.

Room Tip: Don't go here!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Fernwood Resort, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
First, please allow me to apologize for your dissatisfaction during your recent stay.
I can assure that is not our normal standard of customer service. We are continuously working on improving the resort from not only our own observations but also the valuable feedback we obtain from our guests. Our goal is to provide total guest satisfaction. I have contacted our Quality Assurance Team so that they may try to determine the villa in which you stayed so that a thorough inspection can be done with regard to the problems you listed. These items should indeed have been noted and corrected prior to the unit being released for check-in. Our inspection process is usually quite thorough and I would apologize for any shortfall in our more typical standards of presentation on this occasion. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and I hope in the future you would like to give us another try to be the vacation location you desire.
Sewell, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The property is poorly maintained, this should have been the first clue. The rooms themselves are outdated and are in desperate need of deep cleaning. The rugs and furniture are stained but we didn't have much of a choice after driving 4 hours and wanted to make the most of our vacation. The kids slept in the loft. In the morning I noticed one of them had what looked like a hive on his forehead. When he turned around there were more on his neck and arms! After confirming our suspicions with a nurse we left immediately! We were there less than 24 hours before leaving! Before going home we had to place all of our belongings into trash bags and head to the laundromat for fear of bringing them home. We told the front desk and called the manager and they did nothing and were not surprised about the bedbugs. What a disgrace!!

2 Thank D B
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Fernwood Resort, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
First and foremost, let me take this time to apologize for your less than desirable stay. As we except all guests to enjoy the ultimate in vacationing experiences I was disappointed to hear of the concerns that you had made mention of.

I understand that your displeasure led to an early departure and for this I apologize. If any bugs are present during cleaning, our pest elimination professionals are contacted to inspect the room and eradicate the problem. When a guest reports or sends a comment about a pest issue the same procedure is followed. I have asked our Housekeeping Department to try and determine the villa in which you stayed, so that it may be inspected.

Guest feedback is very important to us. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Our corporate management is currently working on plans to address the continued growth and success of our resort. It is my sincere hope that in the future you will have the opportunity to experience the difference that their efforts will surely make.
Lake Ronkonkoma, New York
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was looking for a weekend get away with my wife and had stayed here before and was happy. Not this time. I had attempted to book on line but got an error message when I entered my cc. so I cancelled the re reservation on line and called and made one. We reserved a Villa. When I did not get an email confirmation I called about 5 the night before and was tol d all was good we did not need one.

When we arrived I was informed that we did not have a reservation and was told by the woman checking me in my card was declined in front of other guests, and I had no reservation. I explained my card was not declined It was not able to be processed on line so I cancelled the on line reservation, then called and made one. I told her that I even confirmed the night before. Before I could pull my bank statement on my I phone she called the rudest person I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with in reservations. She proceeded to basically call me a liar, refused to let me speak and then put me on hold. All this was on on their telephone, which I had given to my wife to hold while i retrieved my bank statement showing the withdrawal. When she came back to the phone she told my wife, thinking she was speaking to the front desk associate she had found the error. Someone had put an s on the end of my name but my reservation was indeed good. she proceeded to tell my wfe thinking she was talking to her associate she did not want to speak to me as I was Rude. When my wife informed her who she was, she appologized and asked to speak to her associate.

That was only the beginning. We booked and were charged for a St Paddys day weekend. No one knew about it. We did not receive the Discount nor was it a St Paddy karaoke in Wintergreens as advertised. They played a total of 1 Irish song. Total misrepresentation and false advertising. Instead we were treated to salsa music outside and everything from ram rap karaoke to who knows what in Wintergreens.

The room was another story. carpets filthy and stained, peeling wallpaper nails protruding from the splintered decks garbage in front of Villa, hunderds of cigarette butts along with empty beer bottle on grounds looking off rear deck. Peeling paint on decks gutter downspouts hanging off building and banging agaist the villa in the wind all night. If you think I'm being harsh I have the pictures.

Really bad experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I would first like to apologize for the level of customer care that you received. I can assure you that this is not our normal standard. All of our staff are trained in customer care skills at initial employment. Recently, the management team attended a new and exciting program regarding Customer Care. Our entire resort staff will be required to complete this informative, customer-oriented course. I believe that all can benefit from this and it is a wonderful reminder that our guests are indeed visiting us by choice.

I have contacted our Quality Assurance Team to do a thorough inspection of the villa in which you stayed in with regard to the problems you listed. I can assure you their reports are quite detailed and I await their report. These items should indeed have been noted and corrected prior to the unit being released for check-in. Our inspection process is usually quite thorough and I would apologize for any shortfall in our more typical standards of presentation on this occasion.

I would like to take this moment to reassure you that the current direction of the property is a positive one. The owners continue to make improvements property wide including an aggressive villa refurbishment program and this plan of action will continue in 2014 as we determine what areas of the resort will benefit from upgrades and enhancements.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to Fernwood Resort? Share your experiences!