“Our weekend 2 day stay cut short because the filth made me leave.”
Review of Fernwood Resort

Fernwood Resort
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
“Our weekend 2 day stay cut short because the filth made me leave.”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My daughter and I came up to Fernwood to have some fun snowtubing I believe in March of 2014. When we finally made it to our "Villa", ours ended u being the downstairs basement type version. Super. So we figured we would settle in. My daughter wanted to much to soak in the Jacuzzi tub...which turned out to be some creepy electric blue tub. Anyway, we filled it up, halfway thru filling the tub the hot water ran out. So we shut the water off and turned the jets and she got in. I left bathroom to go organize our things. What I saw was disgusting. A dirty couch, one not so great bed, dirty floors...for the prices charged....these rooms should be upgraded. Then I heard my daughter scream so I ran in the bathroom and in the tub was brown spooge that was coming out of the jets and filling the tub around her. It looked like sludge. I pulled her out of the tub to throw her in the shower but...ahhh..we had used all the hot water to fill the tub so she had to take an ice cold shower. I have pictures of what was in this tub....grossssss. By then we were disgusted beyond belief so we just wrapped ourselves in sweatpants and sweatshirts with the hoods on and sock so none of our skin would touch the bed. The next day I called with the complaints and demanded an upgrade to a more well kept room. They said no we are just going to put you in another one like the one you were in. I said are they better? I was told they are the same. Well what the hell does that solve? I ended up checking out the first night and walking away from the hotel altogether and we found a Days Inn to spend our second night. No it wasn't in the greatest area, but it was clean, had hot water that lasted, and I felt clean sleeping in that bed. I would really like to be reimbursed for the 2nd night that I didn't stay. I'd consider that pretty fair. Although the right thing to do would be to reimburse me for the first night as well because it was so damn awful. You would think they would care enough about the people that stay there. I tell everyone I see to never stay there and show them pictures of our bathtub. When I did tell them I was leaving because I was not happy, they said Ok...have a nice day. They never made an offer to reimburse me or give me anything for my troubles. DO NO STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Dawn M
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Fernwood Resort, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
First and foremost, please allow me to take the time to apologize for the disappointments you encountered during your stay. I can assure you this is not our normal standard. I have shared you review with our Housekeeping Manager, so that he may address the housekeeping staff on your observations.
I have also contacted our Quality Assurance Team so that they may try to determine the villa in which you stayed in on your March stay, so that a thorough inspection can be done with regard to the problems you listed.
We continue to make significant improvements property wide. I can assure you, if you decide to come back in the future, you will see the wonderful improvement we have made and are still making today.
We appreciate feedback from our guests and use it to our advantage. We are striving daily to improve our guests overall vacationing experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 May 2014

had a great weekend with family. this was our first time in the poconos and staying in the villas. after reading some of the reviews I did email them first with concerns about how clean and workable the villas were. everything was perfect when we arrived. lots of towels, clean area, plenty of sleeping room, great dining table. the villas do look a bit rundown but after taking walks around the property I could see that they are working on maintence of the villas. its a big property. check in and out was easy and very friendly staff. plenty of fun activities to do but make sure you budget or cost could get out of control. I was alos most impressed with tree venures. what a fun, active and beautiful way to play in nature. unfortunalty I only got past 1 tree course when my husband had a grandmal seizure in the sitting area. the staff helped me out of the tree, got the picnic table off him (he fell under it), called 911 (im sure they have to) and just helped me in everyway to help him. since I didn't really get to do the course they gave me raincheck to come back ! overall I would have to recommend fernwood and tree ventures !

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Danielle D
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Fernwood Resort, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Our staff works diligently to ensure each guest enjoys every moment while with us. We are pleased we were able to succeed in making your trip to the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway a great one.

I have shared your review with our General Manager so that he may share your comments with the staff at TreeVentures. I do hope your husband is feeling much better.

Guest feedback is very important to us and we do indeed value our guests input and concerns. We have made significant improvements property wide and will continue to do so that we can accommodate our guests to the fullest.

We hope to see you again in the future.
Kittery, Maine
Reviewed 18 May 2014

What a shame that the villas are in such a sad state of disrepair: screens off tracks, broken latches, buckling(unsanitary) countertops, broken latches and no directions on how to operate anything(DVD, Jacuzzi). Again disappointed that Wi-Fi is extra (most people do not consider this a luxury) and did not bother with connecting as cellular phone and IPad had poor connectivity. BYO towel as those provided are threadbare and worse than any locker room. Even the bar soap was very poor. It is a beautiful site but...we will look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank MaiineMarsh
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Fernwood Resort, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
First and foremost please allow me to take this time to apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. The high speed WI-Fi services at Fernwood Resort are provided by AT&T, one of the nation’s largest providers of wireless connectivity in the hospitality industry. Fernwood selected AT&T as one of the few providers with the capabilities to provide signal to over 900 accommodation units spread over 440 acres. We hope that we will some day be able to bring this service “in-house” and have more control over any connection charges involved.
I have shared you review with our Housekeeping Manager, so that she may address the housekeeping staff on your observations. I only wish you had reached out to our Front Desk or Guest Services Director during your stay, as we could have addressed all of your concerns at that time to ensure you had a most enjoyable stay. We are continuously working hard to improve our resort and currently have an aggressive villa improvement program. I have asked our Quality Assurance Team to complete an inspection on the villas in which you stayed. I can assure you that their reports are extremely detailed and any issues found, including those you have made note of, will be addressed by our Preventative Maintenance Team.
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Travellers are raving about these East Stroudsburg hotels

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The drive is a little hectic at night but once you get there it's a great place with a lot of amenities and things to do. Room was clean and worth it's value, any problem are taken care of quickly and staff are very helpful, try and take the weekend deal with pitch for timeshare it's not mandatory to accept it but they offer a good deal.

• Stayed April 2014
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Fernwood Resort, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was very happy to read that your accommodation was clean prior to your arrival and that you enjoyed the amenities that we have to offer. I was also very appreciative to hear that the staff was accommodating and helpful.

We hope to see you again in the future so that you may see all of the improvements we have made resort wide.
New York
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This place is old and dated and runned down. Beds are terrible. We paid for a one bedroom and two bedroom villa and were given a studio and one bedroom apart from each other in the same building. Which they tried to pass off as the two be room villa. We were told we were next door to each other weeks before the trip but in fact the other one bedroom villa was way down the road.there no balcony because we did not get the villa promised and paid for. Could not walk outside because it was a road outside the door for gulf carts. The shower curtain was full of black mold. I had the "Pleasure of replacing it". There was also mold in the refrigerator draw. The downstairs bathroom smelled of urine even after I myself cleaned the toilet shortly after arrival. We complained to no avail. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't chose this place...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Privet86
West Babylon, New York
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Had a great weekend with friends in the country it was quiet and peaceful. Even went zip lining on the property.
They also have indoor and outdoor pools horseback riding karaoke and many other activities

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Fernwood Resort, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our resort.
Our goal is to satisfy our guests and owners above and beyond their expectation.
I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the zip lining and the horse back riding. We hope to see you again soon!
Jericho, New York
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I came here to relax I have an autistic son and he loves his iPad the Internet barely works and you have to pay for it my son is going crazy because he can't get on the Internet AT&T got it working for a couple of hours but I can't take this stress we are supposed to be here for a week I may not make a day the rooms are ok

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank chanel619
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Fernwood Resort, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
First and foremost, I apologize sincerely for the inconvenience of the
Wi-Fi connection. Our high speed Wi-Fi services at Fernwood Resort
is provided and serviced by AT&T, which is one of the nation’s
largest providers of wireless connectivity in the hospitality industry.

Fernwood selected AT&T as one of the few providers with the
capabilities to provide signal to over 900 accommodation units spread
Over 440 acres. We do hope we will be able to bring this service “in-house”
and have more control over the service provided.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to Fernwood Resort? Share your experiences!