“Good place to stay for a low to medium budget.”
Review of Value Inn

Value Inn
“Good place to stay for a low to medium budget.”
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

The motel is near everything. Bushkill falls,indian muesam,snake farm among other things. Like the clothing outlets 5 minutes away. Candle factor same. East stroudsburg downtown lots to do and eat. Check out Dansbury Depo restaurant.good food with bar bar moderatley priced. Trains galore. Very nice time.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed in one of the new whirlpool suit. It was great. Clean, non smoking, spacious room, nice bathroom, and i loved the kind lady in the reception. the only thing that took time to work was the heater but I called the front desk and they took care of it ASAP. location is perfect for the many nearby attractions. I stayed two nights and my room was completely clean with more towel bags empty garbage cans and vacuumed while I was out. No complaints.

• Stayed May 2013
Albany, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2013

This motel is a great getaway in the Poconos. A great value for the area. Close to the Bushkill falls and nice restaurants in the shopping center across the street. Prices are great for the amenities provided.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
PA
Reviewed 21 February 2013

The cost of the room was not a value. The room was tiny and smelled of stale cigarette smoke. The temp was set at 55 degrees when we arrived and after turning it all the way up and going to dinner it still didn't warm up. My husband and I both froze the whole night but even if we weren't freezing the bed was so hard we wouldn't have been able to sleep anyway. First thing the next morning I went to the desk and wanted to check out even though we had booked two nights and the women refused to give me a refund for the 2nd night then continued to give me a difficult time about just checking out. I would not recomend this hotel to anyone. There are plenty of others in that area that are much better.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these East Stroudsburg hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Booked two night stay. Front desk lady was helpful, we got key and open the room, Room wasn't clean, bathroom needed hard scrub, blanket was very old, and we couldn't stand odder. Also, we didn't have any cellphone reception and their wifi wasn't working well. so went back to front desk to switch rooms, but we were told to pay extra for other room. We agreed, but same situation with this one as well. Asked lady for refund, she couldn't & we had to wait for owner(wich was till nxt day). We left and cked in to Budget Inn. Nxt day we visit back to ask for refund (only for one night), owner refused since we reserved room online. Then he asked us, Y we didn't like the room. so we told him the reason, and he lost it. I mean, he went total nuts. He started yelling at us, right on our faces. I was about to call cops, but wait no cell receptions. So we finally waked away and called Hotel.com (we used to reserve the room) after 40 min of conversation, Hotel.com refund out one night money. PLZ PLZ BE AWARE. DO NOT GO THERE. BUDGET INN CHARGES SAME PRICE AND MORE Amenities.

Room Tip: Go to Budget Inn instead.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank donsi609
Stratford, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We booked online and knew right away that we didn’t want to stay for the weekend. The unethical manager and told us that since we booked online that there was not anything they could do. After some investigating we know this is not true. Also the hallway smelled like vomit, there was mold in the bathroom, the bathroom door would not close. Etc. etc. There was not even a fire escape notice on the front door to tell you where to go in case of an emergency. I strongly suggest the health and fire inspector visit this place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank David M
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My family and I wanted to take a short trip to get away for the weekend and relax. We stumbled upon the Value Inn and I am really glad we did!

The rooms were affordable and clean. The staff was really helpful and friendly. I was trying to find some fun activities for us to do and the man at the front desk spent a half hour with me to lay out all the "things to see" in the area and he even helped me find phone numbers for some of the places. This is a small establishment, but I got everything that I was looking for and had a great time in the Poconos. I will def. stay here when I come back

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
#6 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos

Been to Value Inn? Share your experiences!