“True to its Name!”
Review of Value Inn

Value Inn
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Friendly reception (I believe the owner), was offered free upgrade to larger room. Spacious king with large bath. Satisfactorily clean, furniture a bit worn, fridge with freezer shelf, microwave, table w. two chairs. Minimalist breakfast. No guest PC. Large property with three motel buildings and a large swimming pool. Seems to have undergone facelift. Restaurants, gas stations and grocery/beer/wine store within a mile. Located at southern end of Delaware Water Gap recreation area - not in the town of East Stroudsburg. Would have missed it if I trusted my GPS. Overall, good value for this location - fair price.

Room Tip: The "hotel" style looking building (used in the web page) has hallways in front of the roo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Came to Poconos for hiking and kayaking, and the Value Inn's location was perfect. It's only five minutes away from Bushkill falls and the Delaware river, which was really convenient. The staff is friendly and well informed. When we bailed on kayaking because the water was too cold, they suggested a couple of other falls off the beaten path that we're glad we checked out. The rooms were nice, not too big, but still a good size. The water was nice and super hot in the morning, the bed was comfortable, plus the room had microwave and a fridge. We'll definitely be back in July for kayaking!!!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Not very clean at all..dirt on the floor, look like mold in the bathroom, dusty..so makes you wonder if they ever clean at all. Our room smelled like smoke, we didnt say anything til we checked out and he said oh no, its non-smoking room. My boyfriend said something about the maintenance guy that he smokes and the guy said yes he does but not in the room however we saw him painting and smoking in the room. When we got home, we had to wash all our clothes because they had that smell even though they weren't dirty and had to frebreze our suitcase and my pillow i brought from home. :( Baseboard heat didnt work and the room definitely needs redone..its outdated which i dont care but i want a clean room when i stay a place that you dont feel like you have to keep your shoes and socks on. The fridge didnt work and the lamp shades were all torn. We paid 60 bucks and it was more like a 20.00 room if that. Definitely would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank h0ckeygirl36
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stopped here while traveling with a reservation it was late and we didn't know! If you go to their website those photos are ancient. This was the most disgusting place I have ever seen in my life. There was debris all over the floor. Water Stains on the ceilings and walls. Dust thick on everything. The sheets were stained and burned. And to top it all off there were full BLOODY hand prints on the walls. We took pics for the health department and LEFT. Do not pass go, do not stay here.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RebeccaRushlow
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We needed a hotel that was close to Shawnee Mountain Ski Resort. This hotel did the trick with a location 5 minutes down the road and many restaurants on the way. The room was basic, but adequate. We were not there to spend time at the hotel anyway. The staff was really friendly. I would recommend it if you're not high maintenance and need a cheap place to crash.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to stay a night at the here this past weekend... They make you prepay before seeing your room and have a sign at front desk that says no refund after key given! We were given room 115 Walked into the room and it was disgusting. Cigarette holes in the bed blood on sheets and walls... Did not even take our stuff out of the car... Went back to the desk and told the guy i will not stay In that disgusting room! He then gave us room 123 AGAIN gross! Filth everywhere pee stains im bed n bugs everywhere! Still had everything in my car... Went to desk and asked for my $90 back. Said I don't want to stay here. The incompetent idiot Then tried to show us Another room. We refused and told him we just wanted our money back And that after seeing 2 very disgusting rooms I was not going to stay there !! He then told us that he would not give us a refund And even went as far as to say it is not the managements fault if the maids do not clean! Whose fault is it then? Avoid this place like the plague. They are Sketchy Rude unproffessional and just disgusting!!
I returned the next morning after leaving without my refund and the woman who was there Said the manager was not there and she would have him call me He still never called! Take my advice this place is the Worst of the worst They should be shut down by the health department. I have contacted the BBB And I hope they shut them down!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Crystal K
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Our family had a really nice time in the Poconos area this weekend thanks to the hospitality of the inn owner and staff. It was basic accommodations for reasonable price. The location allowed our family to venture to nearby family fun activities and Tue place was safe for my children. The continental breakfast was small but helped fuel our day. We will definitely return to this inn the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Howard Johnson Bartonsville/Poconos Area
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap

Been to Value Inn? Share your experiences!