“Very nice stay”

Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The villa was well appointed, specious and our unit was new and near the river F12B. Our friends stayed in older unit 39B. Finding our unit was not an easy task. Map is not representative of location. Wifi is not free. Nature was amazing. Recreation was really good. Would go there again.

• Stayed: June 2014
CIndy A, Manager at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Elsalawy,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
I am glad that you enjoyed your refurbished unit and the view of our delightful Delaware River! The Fairway style units are my personal favorites.
I apologize that the map was less than helpful to you. I will work with the Guest Services Manager to come up with a map that is more user friendly, as I agree it can be a challenge to locate some units in that area.
Thanks again for taking the time to share your story and we hope to have you visit with us again.
Cheers, Cindy

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The condo had 80 steep steps from our car to the second floor bedroom and no elevator. This was very difficult with luggage and groceries,particularly for "seniors". The unit was "supposed " to have been refurbished but has torn screens on the back porch,cracks in the kitchen tile,and poorly patched cracks on the screened in porch. I can not believe this is a Wyndham resort!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lucindaCocoaFl
CIndy A, Manager at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Lucinda,
I apologize that you were less than pleased with your recent stay at Shawnee. The area that you stayed in recently received refurbishments, specifically the kitchen and bath areas. New furniture for living room was also included.
The units do indeed have many steps, and had you made your displeasure known, we may have been able to relocate you into another area with minimal steps.
It is our desire to have all of our guests happy and content while visiting with us. I am truly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. I have discussed your comments with my management team and the items that we can address will be taken care of.
We appreciate your business and hope that you will return in the future, as the area has much to offer visitors.
Sincerely, Cindy A

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at Wyndham Shawnee Village-Depuy on May 4-8, 2014 in a 2 bedroom unit.
“Depuy Townhouses” (see my separate review) is really part of the Wyndham Shawnee Village complex. The complex consists of the following areas: Depuy Village, Fairway Village, River Village I, River Village II, Ridge Top & Summit, and Crestview. Crestview is the only section built by Wyndham, it was built in 2008-2010. The others were built in the 1970’s, and bought into and now managed by Wyndham.
When you arrive, if you’re coming off the I80, you will pass a building that has Wyndham signage. Go past that to the sign in and recreation building. This building has an indoor pool, hot tub, snack counter, tiny exercise room, game rooms, sauna, locker rooms, and activity rooms. It also has free WiFi in the lobby. You must pay for WiFi in your unit. Outside the building is a large mini golf course (pay to play) and outdoor pool.
I have posted a picture of the map of the complex. It is very spread out. In fact, I logged six miles on my odometer driving around to all the areas. The resort itself is pretty isolated, necessitating long drives to see the sights. However, Delaware Water Gap is fairly close, and the Pocono Environmental and Education Center is not terribly far.
Depuy, where I stayed, was built in 1976 and 1977, and shows its age. There are two types of units: a salt box and a unit with a large porch. I was lucky enough to get a “refurbished” unit, number D67. It is a duplex, with living room, fireplace, 32” TV (mounted too high on the wall with no swivel arm), DVD player, dining area, full kitchen (no ice maker in the refrigerator) with eating area, washer, dryer, full bath with a very small stall shower, Jacuzzi, large bedroom with 2 beds and a 24” TV. That’s downstairs. Upstairs there is another full large bedroom with 2 beds, 24” TV, and full bath with shower/bathtub. There is no safe in the room, and only two telephones: one in the kitchen and one in the upstairs bedroom. The counters are marble, and the kitchen is well equipped. The living room has, I believe, a pull out sofa.
The condo itself was quite nice. Not Ritz Carlton quality, but the cost is very reasonable. Clean, with a lot of windows to let in the sun, plenty of seating, and plenty of closet space. Also be aware that amenities vary from section to section and unit to unit; some units do not even come with shampoo, oddly enough.
I was also lucky to be located in a good area, with plenty of room. Some of the “salt box” style units down the road were pretty crammed together.
This is not a 5 star resort (the Wyndham timeshare salesman put down all areas of the resort except Crestview, which he stated IS 5 star). However, I’d be glad to go back. And I’d be remiss not to mention the staff. The staff is first rate, and went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room--or just pay more and stay at Crestview.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank carlbarry
CIndy A, Manager at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Carlbarry,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Depuy Village has certainly made many improvements to their units, and I am glad that you enjoyed your time spent with us.
I appreciate the time you spent writing your review and it is my hope that others will benefit from the information you shared. You were very accurate!
We hope that you will visit with us again in the future, as the resort and surrounding area has much to offer during all seasons!
Cordially,
Assistant Resort Manager
Wyndham Shawnee Village

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was surpised . The way the other reviews were written I expected it to be horrible . They were beautiful cabins, big enough for a home. There was enough room for 8 people and there were only 2 of us. There were plenty of beautiful bedrooms , and huge tubs within area. The foliage was beautiful. Also there were a lot of activities to do. It was beautiful and the staff was incredibly helpful .

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Wendy K
CIndy A, Manager at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hi Wendy,

I am pleased that you had such a great time while visiting with us. We are very fortunate to be surrounded by such natural beauty.
It is always nice to hear that our associates are helpful and that you were pleased with your accommodations! We do our best to delvier a geat experience.
Hope you will visit with us again in the near future.

Cheers,
Assistant Resort Manager

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised . We stayed at Shawnee village resort 2 and it was beautiful. The front desk were very helpful to us as was the wydham staff. The place was huge , big enough to sleep 8 people and there were only 2 of us. The bedrooms and baths were huge and there were a lot if activities here. I loved the mountains that surrounded it. Everything was so nice and the weather was perfect around 73 degrees. I really liked this place. It was bigger than the one in New Hampshire we stayed at.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank princessAustin
CIndy A, Manager at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Princess Austin,

Great to hear how pleased you were with your recent stay. Our area is naturally beautiful and lends itself to quiet relaxation for all!
We strive to provide clean and well maintained units for all of our visitors to enjoy. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others, as well as, all of us at Shawnee!
I hope that you will visit with us again in the future!
Cheers,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at Ridge Top Summit unit 192 and were very disappointed. The refrigerator had a terrible leak. Whenever the freezer was opened, water poured into the refrigerator and we had to put a bowl there to catch the water. there was not an extra pillow, blanket, roll of toilet paper, no salt in the salt shaker, no tissues, no shampoo, a charge for internet---haven't done that in10 years. When we asked for a late checkout--Sunday at 10 A.M. seemed early-- we were refused. When we were checking out we were told that even though the Wyndham name was on the property, each section was privately run by a community board and made their own decisions on housekeeping and checkout. Either Wyndham needs to take their name off or step in because this certainly didn't work! Also the concierge did not know points of interest in the area at all! Isn't that their job? Seemed all they wanted was for us to go to yet another sales meeting to buy a time share. I think NOT!

Room Tip: cabins a drive away from the main house. Noone but security answered the phone after 11P.M.Very dar...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank bette w
Sandy T, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Hello Bette,

I am sorry to hear about the experience you had with us here at Wyndham Shawnee. This is certainly not our Wyndham standards. I apologize that your refrigerator had a leak during your stay. Thank you for providing your room number as I will provide this information to our Maintenance team to look in to and eliminate any future occurrences. As for the amenities in the rooms certain rooms do only provide certain amenities. As a courtesy we do provide items at the Front Desk such as shampoo, toilet paper, soap, and other items for your convenience. Thank you for your response as we strive to provide top of the line accommodations for all of our guests and your feedback will help us to do so.

Warm Regards,

Sandy Torres
Assistant Guest Services Manager
570-421-1500

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed at condo unit 128. These were the oldest one I'm sure. They were outdated, dirty, and not maintained very well. Always seems that they never put anything back into these condos. And then they go and built new ones. Which you never seem to be able to stay in.
There is a problem there with the bears! They have signs everywhere about "Don't kill the bears". Which means if you fed the bears they will keep coming around and they will get used of humans. Well here is the problem. They have plastic trash boxes that hold 2 barrels. The bears can easily get into them and have them selves a feast. They got into the trash every nite. And low and behold the next morning they would come around pick up the trash put it right back into the barrels and leave the trash. They never "took" the trash. the trash stayed there every nite and every nite the bears came. I see a big problem here. They are luring them back every nite and not addressing a big problem. And if it hasn't happened yet someone will get hurt surprising the bears while they are having the feast. We spoke to the front desk and their response was. " Well if people know about the bears they won't come here". Yea on then they bears will have to be killed because it will be the bears fault. Right! So word to all be very careful when venturing out at nite there. We followed the bear one nite and he went to every trash at every condo!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Karen D
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Hi Karen,

Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. We are sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with the room and resort accommodations. Please know we are working to renovate our property and improve the guest vacation experience. In regards to your mention of the bears, we will speak with maintenance to ensure the trash is taken out daily, which should help with decreasing any appearance of bears on property.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg P...
#2 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
#1 of 4 in Shawnee on Delaware

Been to Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort? Share your experiences!