“RT202”

Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 June 2014

It was mostly pleasurable. Staff was pleasant, friendly and helpful. Unit was clean and amply supplied. Only 2 minor complaints: Was unhappy with the roach or 2 found in the kitchen. Biggest annoyance was the neighbor's ac unit located right next to our porch so sitting out there was unpleasant with its constant noise. We would have loved to sit out there more as the weather was marvelous and we were not using our ac at all. Will come back, but will request a different location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Marie G
CIndy A, Manager at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Marie,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and I can assure you that the items will be addressed promptly (one item is already in process). It was refreshing to read your overview of your stay and despite some issues you still made it positive! Thanks for that!
Our natural surroundings are just beautiful and I hope that your appreciation of the area will be more enjoyable the next time you visit with us!
Please feel free to reach out to me personally should you need any assistance in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great clean room-slightly dated but that hardly mattered - was next to cozy wooded area- loved the screened porch and fireplace.. Saved money by cooking in the kitchen- would stay again with family/friends . The pool was nice (wish it was deeper) and had a bocce court!

2  Thank Inky27

Dear Inky27,
So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope that you will visit with us in the near future. The natural beauty in our area is second to none, it was nice to read how you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The villa was well appointed, specious and our unit was new and near the river F12B. Our friends stayed in older unit 39B. Finding our unit was not an easy task. Map is not representative of location. Wifi is not free. Nature was amazing. Recreation was really good. Would go there again.

• Stayed: June 2014
CIndy A, Manager at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Elsalawy,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
I am glad that you enjoyed your refurbished unit and the view of our delightful Delaware River! The Fairway style units are my personal favorites.
I apologize that the map was less than helpful to you. I will work with the Guest Services Manager to come up with a map that is more user friendly, as I agree it can be a challenge to locate some units in that area.
Thanks again for taking the time to share your story and we hope to have you visit with us again.
Cheers, Cindy

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The condo had 80 steep steps from our car to the second floor bedroom and no elevator. This was very difficult with luggage and groceries,particularly for "seniors". The unit was "supposed " to have been refurbished but has torn screens on the back porch,cracks in the kitchen tile,and poorly patched cracks on the screened in porch. I can not believe this is a Wyndham resort!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lucindaCocoaFl
CIndy A, Manager at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Lucinda,
I apologize that you were less than pleased with your recent stay at Shawnee. The area that you stayed in recently received refurbishments, specifically the kitchen and bath areas. New furniture for living room was also included.
The units do indeed have many steps, and had you made your displeasure known, we may have been able to relocate you into another area with minimal steps.
It is our desire to have all of our guests happy and content while visiting with us. I am truly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. I have discussed your comments with my management team and the items that we can address will be taken care of.
We appreciate your business and hope that you will return in the future, as the area has much to offer visitors.
Sincerely, Cindy A

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at Wyndham Shawnee Village-Depuy on May 4-8, 2014 in a 2 bedroom unit.
“Depuy Townhouses” (see my separate review) is really part of the Wyndham Shawnee Village complex. The complex consists of the following areas: Depuy Village, Fairway Village, River Village I, River Village II, Ridge Top & Summit, and Crestview. Crestview is the only section built by Wyndham, it was built in 2008-2010. The others were built in the 1970’s, and bought into and now managed by Wyndham.
When you arrive, if you’re coming off the I80, you will pass a building that has Wyndham signage. Go past that to the sign in and recreation building. This building has an indoor pool, hot tub, snack counter, tiny exercise room, game rooms, sauna, locker rooms, and activity rooms. It also has free WiFi in the lobby. You must pay for WiFi in your unit. Outside the building is a large mini golf course (pay to play) and outdoor pool.
I have posted a picture of the map of the complex. It is very spread out. In fact, I logged six miles on my odometer driving around to all the areas. The resort itself is pretty isolated, necessitating long drives to see the sights. However, Delaware Water Gap is fairly close, and the Pocono Environmental and Education Center is not terribly far.
Depuy, where I stayed, was built in 1976 and 1977, and shows its age. There are two types of units: a salt box and a unit with a large porch. I was lucky enough to get a “refurbished” unit, number D67. It is a duplex, with living room, fireplace, 32” TV (mounted too high on the wall with no swivel arm), DVD player, dining area, full kitchen (no ice maker in the refrigerator) with eating area, washer, dryer, full bath with a very small stall shower, Jacuzzi, large bedroom with 2 beds and a 24” TV. That’s downstairs. Upstairs there is another full large bedroom with 2 beds, 24” TV, and full bath with shower/bathtub. There is no safe in the room, and only two telephones: one in the kitchen and one in the upstairs bedroom. The counters are marble, and the kitchen is well equipped. The living room has, I believe, a pull out sofa.
The condo itself was quite nice. Not Ritz Carlton quality, but the cost is very reasonable. Clean, with a lot of windows to let in the sun, plenty of seating, and plenty of closet space. Also be aware that amenities vary from section to section and unit to unit; some units do not even come with shampoo, oddly enough.
I was also lucky to be located in a good area, with plenty of room. Some of the “salt box” style units down the road were pretty crammed together.
This is not a 5 star resort (the Wyndham timeshare salesman put down all areas of the resort except Crestview, which he stated IS 5 star). However, I’d be glad to go back. And I’d be remiss not to mention the staff. The staff is first rate, and went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room--or just pay more and stay at Crestview.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank carlbarry
CIndy A, Manager at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Carlbarry,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Depuy Village has certainly made many improvements to their units, and I am glad that you enjoyed your time spent with us.
I appreciate the time you spent writing your review and it is my hope that others will benefit from the information you shared. You were very accurate!
We hope that you will visit with us again in the future, as the resort and surrounding area has much to offer during all seasons!
Cordially,
Assistant Resort Manager
Wyndham Shawnee Village

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was surpised . The way the other reviews were written I expected it to be horrible . They were beautiful cabins, big enough for a home. There was enough room for 8 people and there were only 2 of us. There were plenty of beautiful bedrooms , and huge tubs within area. The foliage was beautiful. Also there were a lot of activities to do. It was beautiful and the staff was incredibly helpful .

1  Thank Wendy K
CIndy A, Manager at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Hi Wendy,

I am pleased that you had such a great time while visiting with us. We are very fortunate to be surrounded by such natural beauty.
It is always nice to hear that our associates are helpful and that you were pleased with your accommodations! We do our best to delvier a geat experience.
Hope you will visit with us again in the near future.

Assistant Resort Manager

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised . We stayed at Shawnee village resort 2 and it was beautiful. The front desk were very helpful to us as was the wydham staff. The place was huge , big enough to sleep 8 people and there were only 2 of us. The bedrooms and baths were huge and there were a lot if activities here. I loved the mountains that surrounded it. Everything was so nice and the weather was perfect around 73 degrees. I really liked this place. It was bigger than the one in New Hampshire we stayed at.

2  Thank princessAustin
CIndy A, Manager at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Princess Austin,

Great to hear how pleased you were with your recent stay. Our area is naturally beautiful and lends itself to quiet relaxation for all!
We strive to provide clean and well maintained units for all of our visitors to enjoy. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others, as well as, all of us at Shawnee!
I hope that you will visit with us again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Pocono Palace Resort
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek

Been to Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort? Share your experiences!