“Lots of wildlife! Saw 3 deer and a small black bear. Expect a wooded setting.”

Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
GreenLeadersSilver level
Corydon, Indiana
“Lots of wildlife! Saw 3 deer and a small black bear. Expect a wooded setting.”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We arrived at Shawnee Village June 16 after dark and were checked in by 2 men on duty. They were very polite and asked if we had eaten so they could give us directions.

We checked into Crestview which was a nice 2 bedroom unit with spacious space and great screened in porch.
The only negative we found was worn, dirty carpet.
Our children enjoyed the pools and the miniature golf is beautiful ... only thing.. it costs $5 a game to play. We felt Wymdham members should have free amenities.
Staff was courteous and directed us to Martz busline to ride to NYC for the day.
It is a 1 1/2 hour ride ...had a great day touring on the Hop On/Off bus.
It is 2 hrs to Philadelphia .. had a wonderful day there.
We would return to
Crestview..

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank ctshell
Desiree T, General Manager at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you, ctshell for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Great to see that you were able to enjoy the onsite amenities as well as local area recommendations during your visit. We do apologize as to the carpet condition expressed as we know there is a certain level of satisfaction expected when staying at our resorts. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Best Regards,
Desiree T.
570-421-1500

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Hackensack, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was the WORST resort I ever stayed in. I had to be transferred 3 times from the villas because of the filth in the first two. My family and I had to wait until 11pm to be placed in a clean villa. The villas were dirty, they had stains all over the carpets, cockroaches everywhere and smelled like urine and wet dog. The showers were filled with mold and the sides of the doors to the bathrooms were rusty and the paint was chipping. In the 3rd villa the towels were yellow, yet it was the cleanest of the 3. The pictures that I saw on the website were NOT reflective of the villa that I stayed in. I was disappointed in the lack of organization and hygiene. I was told Wyndham had great resorts that were both clean and fun for the family and I experienced the complete opposite. I will never stay or recommend my family and friends to stay at this Wyndham resort!!! My recommendation is to stay away from this resort……. Unless you're satisfied with a filthy, roaches, stains, mold, and rust.

The customer service of the front desk was great and was the only reason I chose to stay.

Room Tip: Do not trust the pictures posted by the resort. The villa I stayed in look nothing like them.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Carmen R
Sandy T, Manager at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hello Carmen,

I am sorry to hear about your vacation experience here at Wyndham Shawnee Village as this is definitely not up to our standards. Please rest assured that we have already reached out to our Housekeeping Manager to follow up on the rooms that you and your family were checked in to. It is awesome to hear that our customer service exceeded your expectations as that is our Wyndham Count on Me Way! I would like to speak to you directly to further discuss the issues. Please feel free to contact me at the number listed below.

Warm Regards,
Sandy
Assistant Guest Services Manager
570-421-1500 x 1842

Travellers are raving about these East Stroudsburg hotels

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed in R91. There's a nice flat screen tv and dvd player in the living room and the screened in patio area was nice too. Kitchen is very small with a utensil drawer that likes to drop out. The showers are very tiny and the master bathroom is very tight. The guest bathroom would be more spacious if it didn't have a big red japense style tub in it. The worst part is there's no AC in the upstairs bedrooms, the master bedroom gets really hot on warm days. There is a floor fan that can blow the warm air around, but it was very uncomfortable. And there a windows high up on the wall that have no blinds, so you are awakened very early in the morning by the sun.

The rec center is nice, although you need to drive there. Which makes using the pool a bit of a hassle. Towels are provided at the indoor pool, but you might want to bring a spare towel to keep your car seat dry! Mini Golf is nice too.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank djules36
Desiree T, General Manager at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
djules36,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Shawnee Resort. My apologies that the unit accommodations did not meet your expectations, we strive to present the units in a clean and maintained fashion as we make phased improvements on the interior furnishings. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy the onsite amenities at the property which covers over 2,500 acres. We strive to provide a relaxing vacation experience and hope you choice to visit the facility again so that we have opportunity to provide a enjoyable stay. Thank you again.

Best Regards,

Desiree Trull
Resort Manager
570-421-1500
East Stroudsburg
Reviewed 11 June 2014

It was mostly pleasurable. Staff was pleasant, friendly and helpful. Unit was clean and amply supplied. Only 2 minor complaints: Was unhappy with the roach or 2 found in the kitchen. Biggest annoyance was the neighbor's ac unit located right next to our porch so sitting out there was unpleasant with its constant noise. We would have loved to sit out there more as the weather was marvelous and we were not using our ac at all. Will come back, but will request a different location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Marie G
CIndy A, Manager at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Marie,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and I can assure you that the items will be addressed promptly (one item is already in process). It was refreshing to read your overview of your stay and despite some issues you still made it positive! Thanks for that!
Our natural surroundings are just beautiful and I hope that your appreciation of the area will be more enjoyable the next time you visit with us!
Please feel free to reach out to me personally should you need any assistance in the future.
Cheers,
Cindy A.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great clean room-slightly dated but that hardly mattered - was next to cozy wooded area- loved the screened porch and fireplace.. Saved money by cooking in the kitchen- would stay again with family/friends . The pool was nice (wish it was deeper) and had a bocce court!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Inky27
Dear Inky27,
So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope that you will visit with us in the near future. The natural beauty in our area is second to none, it was nice to read how you enjoyed your stay!
Cheers,
Cindy A.
New York
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The villa was well appointed, specious and our unit was new and near the river F12B. Our friends stayed in older unit 39B. Finding our unit was not an easy task. Map is not representative of location. Wifi is not free. Nature was amazing. Recreation was really good. Would go there again.

• Stayed June 2014
CIndy A, Manager at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Elsalawy,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
I am glad that you enjoyed your refurbished unit and the view of our delightful Delaware River! The Fairway style units are my personal favorites.
I apologize that the map was less than helpful to you. I will work with the Guest Services Manager to come up with a map that is more user friendly, as I agree it can be a challenge to locate some units in that area.
Thanks again for taking the time to share your story and we hope to have you visit with us again.
Cheers, Cindy
Cocoa Fl
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The condo had 80 steep steps from our car to the second floor bedroom and no elevator. This was very difficult with luggage and groceries,particularly for "seniors". The unit was "supposed " to have been refurbished but has torn screens on the back porch,cracks in the kitchen tile,and poorly patched cracks on the screened in porch. I can not believe this is a Wyndham resort!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank lucindaCocoaFl
CIndy A, Manager at Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Lucinda,
I apologize that you were less than pleased with your recent stay at Shawnee. The area that you stayed in recently received refurbishments, specifically the kitchen and bath areas. New furniture for living room was also included.
The units do indeed have many steps, and had you made your displeasure known, we may have been able to relocate you into another area with minimal steps.
It is our desire to have all of our guests happy and content while visiting with us. I am truly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. I have discussed your comments with my management team and the items that we can address will be taken care of.
We appreciate your business and hope that you will return in the future, as the area has much to offer visitors.
Sincerely, Cindy A
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
#1 of 4 in Shawnee on Delaware

Been to Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort? Share your experiences!