“In Search of Something Different”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mikuna Kitchen - CLOSED

Mikuna Kitchen
Cuisines: Indian, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Macungie, Pennsylvania, United States
“In Search of Something Different”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I always like finding new restaurants. This was a pleasant find. It is a mix of Indian, Spanish and American cooking. The ceviche was excellent. Shrimp in a great dressing with a touch of cilantro. Pulled pork was excellent and well season. Beef in the beef sandwich was tasty and paired well with the cucumber. Food may be a little salty for those like us who use very little salt but it was excellent.

Summit Hill, Pennsylvania
“Adventures with the girls”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Our first visit to mikuna, on the wiles of our dear friend Arlene, gave us such pleasure from the company, environment and cuisine. What a wonderful and memorable time we all had. Especially meeting Sylvia and her clan who prepared fantabulous dishes. Never had experienced the cultural delights of these two worlds so delectably in one sitting. We give this venue 5 star plus, from the menus, presentation, cleanliness and excitement of their talents. I certainly would recommend to anyone who wants to experience something out of the contemporary food box and give this your full attention. I know that I will return, with newbies to the cultural samplings of Mikuna. Just exquisite flavors, the pallet was stimulated, looking for more of the freshness and delights. Thanks for sharing your world...and continued growth with your adventures.

• Visited July 2014
henryville,pennsylvania
“This place blew me away for the Second Time!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My son and I had a full day of Kayaking down the Delaware River so we were starving for some good eats. I remembered this place was EXCELLENT when I took my wife a few months back so I decided to let my son try this place. Let me tell you something boys and girls this place is in its own stratosphere. Everything on the menu is made to order and things that I normally wouldn't eat with your mouth actually tasted GREAT. We started off with Beef Empanandas that were Excellent and I got brave and tried the Pickled Watermelon Rind with Homemade Ricotta (Crema) and honey with black berries and cilantro on some nice baked baguette. It was AWESOME. For dinner my son had Camarones Encocados ( Shrimp in a coconut sauce with fried plantains and rice. He licked the plate clean. I went with the
Carne Asada Bahn Mi sandwich,
(grilled steak, cucumber, carrot, red onion, radish, cilantro, ginger-lime vinaigrette). I hate carrots, and radishes but I loved the rest of the ingredients so I put my trust in Aimee ( The Chef) and tried it. I was blown away by this sandwich. All the ingredients just worked. The fresh cut fries are also AWESOME. Our waitress told us about the dessert of the day which was a Chocolate Coconut Berrie tort . This was a Happy ending to a perfect meal. I would drive 2 hrs to get to this place to eat here if I had to but lucky for me it's just 20 minutes from my house. If you like fresh food herbs and spices you really need to check this place out. You will thank me for this review.

• Visited July 2014
Providence, Rhode Island
“Creative international food in a casual setting”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had a delicious dinner last night. The menu is unusual, with influences from the chef's parents of Ecuadorian and Indian backgrounds, elevated by her experience in NY and other big city restaurants. Everything was fresh and made from scratch. They use local produce where possible. BYOB. Family atmosphere. Can't wait to go back and try more dishes!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Ruth M
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Unusual mix of cuisines, but it works!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Mikuna has recipes from both Ecuador and India. These are family recipes from a family that certainly knows how to cook.

My friend and I split the samosas. They were served with both the traditional green sauce (the BEST I have ever eaten) and apple butter. I thought that was a strange combination, but it was delicious. My friend ordered the burger of the day which had matchstick fries and a very tasty sauce. I ordered the pernil. The pork was delicious and extremely tender. It was served with a homemade hot sauce, slaw, and small cheese filled potato pancakes that were crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. Just perfect! The place is BYOB, but we ordered the mango juice and the pink lemonade with basil. We were too full to order dessert. We'll be back!

• Visited May 2014