“I "LUVV" Foxwood Seasonals Honest Review !!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Stroudsburg
Foxwood Family Campground
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
“I "LUVV" Foxwood Seasonals Honest Review !!!”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I have been Camping over 30 Years ,the last 20 with an R.V.and i have been to many Campgrounds , most of the State of the art campgrounds were corporate ownned= meaning who gives a crap about you and what you think !!! trust me i know !!! since i purchased my 1st R.V. 20 Years ago , foxwood will be my 4th and "FINAL" Campground as a Seasonal Resident. I am the Camping "KING" !! I am curently on my 5th R.V. that i just purchsed a few months ago at the R.V. show, that would make it my second Brand new R.V. that i had at Foxwoods. Now do you think i would Spend 30 K on a New R.V. and bring it to a dump ???? I dont think so !!!!
I welcome anyone to come and see how we live as seasonals here , we Roll Hard !!! Monster golfCarts Nice well taken care of sites oh and Awesome Food !!! BTW we Have Hayrides, GolfCart Parades Kareokee Ect Ect .

as far as the Rest of the Campground yeah its not perfect but its come a long way and is currently going through some improvements for the 2012 season i assure you !! also keep in mind out of the Thousands of people that have stayed only a few Dozen people have complained and wrote Misleading Reviews !! Not bad if you ask me !!! you cant please everyone !!
So my advise to you is if you faint when you see a bug stay home close your windows and put a net around your Bedposts !! and if a little Deer Poop is gonna Gross you out, then stay in the City and go for a walk and step on some DogShitt !!! maybe then you will feel better, and you may want to consider if Camping is for you?? and for you people with Legitimate complaints, we at foxwood promise that 2012 will be a better and happier camping season than any other !!!! the Staff at foxwood is preparing fpr the Best season ever, So before you listen to some UnHappy Campers, come Take a look for yourself and see the Campground !!
My Name is "MONDO" and I "APPROVE" this Message !!!!!!!!!! P.S. BTW I am Not an Employee at Foxwood just a "HAPPY"CAMPER" !!!!!!!!

Room Tip: call and speak to the girls in the office and tell em Mondo Sent you !!!LOL
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank mondo p

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 8 December 2011

my husband and i stayed at foxwoods our 1st time labor day weekend. the prices where great and the staff was very helpful. We are new to visiting pa and they where so helpful in giving us directions and answering any questions we had. the campground is very relaxing and a big plus for us was that your not on top of other campers.we found that in other campgrounds each site is so close to the next that we could barley open our awning(lol not relaxing) but not at foxwoods !!!! we enjoyed our 1st stay so much that we went back almost every weekend in sept and oct. it only got better and better. the bathrooms are ok but as we continued to go there I've seen it improving. they even have brand new restrooms in the k section witch is where we stayed! we plan to go back when the season begins again in april!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tuta521
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We travel in groups when we camp. We r currently here foR the holiday weekend. This place needs A LOT of work. Quite honestly they should close until they clean it up and get the maintenance up to par. There are major areas of mold, unsafe ground coverings, down electrical poles, and unsanitary restrooms and showering facilities. I have many pictures to prove it. the pool is off the beaten path and is dirty and there r no apparent filters running. We have been to many campgrounds and this definitely is the last on the list.

• Stayed September 2011
New Jersey
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Just back from a weekend at Foxwoods. It was fine, it is an older campground in the Pocono Mountains. Fowoods is reasnonable and the condition is better everytime we go. All of the staff was very friendly and helpful. We just rebooked and are taking advantage of the $99 rate and leaving the trailer for two weekends. The bathrooms were clean and the gameroom was in good shape. I don't see any reasons for the horrible reviews. Yes there are some old trailers that are falling apart, but I have camped up and down the East Coast, all of these campgrounds had old trailers. This is a campground not a hotel. Enjoy

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank skiffman
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Please don't camp here. Read the reviews....they don't lie. I wish I would have. Everything is true. The bathrooms are gross and moldy,the employees are rude. The cabin was disgusting and looks like it was never cleaned. The arcade has all broken games and old games. The bed rails were all broken and had tape holding it together. The campground had a sewer smell like feces from time to time. Our site was on a hill and we were afraid our car was going to roll off the mountain. Someone cold potentially get killed on this hill, as there are no warning signs and is completely pitch black at night. The miniature golf course is a complete fraud and looks not maintained for years.The pool was turning and unsafe to swim in. The website pictures are all a lie. We had a wonderful weekend planned, but ended up fighting for our money back.

3 Thank KiaTSK
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We recently made reservations for this campground as a weekend trip. Since we live close we decided to check it out. Holding the brochure as we traveled through the campground I was like this has got to be the wrong place. The brochure is a lie. This campground is terrible and Not well kept at all. There are old trailers on sites that look like they havent been used in years and falling apart. Their rental units look unkept and dirty. There was a large green sewer pipe runnin from the bathhouse down the hill to the middle of no where. I would never stay here

3 Thank jup-11
Binghamton, NY
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I was concerned about previous reviewers reporting that the bathrooms and pool were dirty, so we stopped by in late June before our stay to check it out. The bathrooms and the pool were certainly adequate and the water in the pool was a very nice temperature. Chairs and tables surrounding the pool were certainly adequate and served the purpose. Most of the property was properly mowed (except for some area around the pond, but the path to and around the pond was mowed). The area around the pond was buggy, but we bought cheap fishing rods from the store and my kids had fun trying to fish (if you want to fish in the pond, bring your own rod and bait). The mini golf looked reasonable and the playground equipment also seemed like a worthwhile activity, but it was too hot to for the kids to play there. They had a few kids activities on Saturday, but we didn't end up participating.

We chose a Woodland Cabin while we had relatives staying in the Sunrise View Retreats. Both the cabins and the trailers were clean. The bedrooms in the trailers were very small, but the trailers had air conditioning and seemed comfortable enough. We were not at all comfortable in the Woodland Cabin--it was extremely hot and far from the bathrooms (at least for my comfort). The bathrooms were also stuffy (but certainly as clean as bathrooms in other campgrounds we've been to). Our visit happened to be during a heat wave, but perhaps during cooler weather the cabin would have been comfortable.

I don't know if we will go back, but I doubt we would rent the Woodland Cabin again. The campground seems to mostly cater to RVs, but many of the sites were adequate for tents and about the same size as other campgrounds we have been to. I would consider tent camping if we were able to get something fairly close to the bathroom. Some of the picnic tables were not in great shape, but many of them were fine and we found the fire ring plenty big enough to cook dinner and roast marshmallows.

Overall we had a fun stay at Foxwood Campground and we found the employees helpful. Besides the weather and the $100 cash key deposit, we don't have any particular complaints about our stay and we found the facilities to be fairly clean and similar to facilities at other campgrounds we've visited.

Room Tip: If you are tent camping, check out where you are relative to the bathrooms.
2 Thank jebslg
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Timothy Lake South RV
Timothy Lake South RV
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
Wyndham Shawnee Village Resort
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Foxwood Family Campground? Share your experiences!