“Twice as nice!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Stroudsburg
Foxwood Family Campground
Ringwood, New Jersey
“Twice as nice!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just tried this campground again and was pleasantly surprised at the changes that have taken place in 1 year. The place looks cleaned up, with a fresh coat of paint everywhere. Grounds are well-maintained, and some of the dumpier abandoned trailers have been removed (it is crazy how many people just abandon their trailers and leave them to rot!).

We brought our friends who rented a cabin. They were not happy with their unit (smaller and dingier than expected) because the pictures on the website were misleading. The inside pictures for the Sunrise View cabins showed pictures of the Mountain Top Retreats. In my opinion it was fine, but for non-campers it was very disappointing. They ended up leaving early, but my family and I stayed in our pop up camper and had a really great time! Kids loved the pool in the afternoon, and karaoke at night. But we all especially loved riding on top of the fire truck around the entire campground!

Everyone who works at Foxwood is super friendly and tries very hard to ensure a good time is had by all. We had such a great time that we are now considering becoming seasonals. I highly recommend Foxwood for a laid back, family-friendly campground. It is not the cleanest or most luxurious, but it is by far one of the friendliest and FUN!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank schwamp

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
usa
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Finally a campground where people are not on top of each other. Very spacious. Quiet. Great location for enjoying the Delaware water gap. Helpful and friendly staff. Stayed a week, plan to come back in the fall for another week.

2 Thank centerlane
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Horrible place. Don't waste your time. We left and stayed at the koa. They had 6 families that did the same as us. My family and I have stayed at campgrounds all over the Country. We never left one until today. We got our refund and didn't look back. The place was empty and KOA down the road was glad to help is with a site.

5 Thank Sc-berk

Travellers are raving about these East Stroudsburg hotels

Perkiomenville
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family and I stayed at Foxwood for the 4th of July weekend. We arrived on July 3rd, and we left on July 6th. We had a fun weekend. My kids' favorite parts were fishing in the pond and swimming at the pool. We especially liked that the pool had a separate kiddie pool. On a hot Saturday with so many people in the pool, it made it much easier to keep an eye on the kids since they had their own separate area. Even though it seemed in need of some serious work, we also enjoyed playing a round of mini-golf.

For us there was really only one real problem, but it was a big one. The bathhouse was not cleaned the entire weekend! I expect a campground bathroom to not be immaculate, and I used to clean bathrooms at a campground so I know how hard they can be to keep clean, but nobody was trying to keep these bathrooms clean. Over the course of three days, the trash was not emptied, the floor was not swept, the soap and toilet paper were not replenished, and the toilets were not cleaned. By the end of our stay, there was only one toilet stall that was usable in the ladies bathroom; the rest were either clogged or filthy. Unfortunately, the one that was usable was the one without a working latch on the door and one of several without toilet paper. After you used the one working toilet, you could not wash your hands because there was no soap. I did not want to bring my child in there to use the bathroom, because it was so gross. I did not see the men's side, but my understanding from my husband's description was that it looked the same. This was brought to the attention of staff at the front desk by the second day, but the issue was still not addressed. It really is unfortunate, because besides this problem we really enjoyed our stay. Unfortunately, this is too big of a problem for us to overlook, and we will be looking elsewhere next time we go camping.

2 Thank heathergracemo
Dont want to leave
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My family an I stayed at this lovely campground in the poconos, it wasn't the five seasons but a work in progress where I can tell these people were working hard in making it better. When I checked in it was very welcoming . A gentleman I think his name was Louis saw us at our cabin and checked to makesure we were comfortable ad anything we needed he would help us with. ( excellent service ) the pool was clean and people who say th campground wasn't good is absolutely crazy. These people are working hard to make us happy and trust me we will be back and those who expect the Waldorf Astoria, then go there!!!! Thank you Louis and thank you Foxwoods for a welcoming and great weekend!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Jpt114
FoxwoodCampground, Guest Relations Manager at Foxwood Family Campground, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for the kind words on your stay at Foxwood Family Campground. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here. We look forward to having you back this camping season.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We arrived to find out that the sight we booked wasn't available. However, the moment we entered the campground I knew this was a dump. I realized we had made a huge mistake and I based our reservation on the photos you see on the campground's web-site. Another mistake. It was unkept, looked abandoned (on a Saturday in June) and run down (like something you would see in a horror movie). There was no way I wanted to stay here with my family & 2 small children. We asked for a refund before ever unhooking our camper and were extremely relieved the moment we pulled out of this campground, not knowing if we would find somewhere else to stay for 5 days. It didn't matter at that point. We just didn't want to stay another minute in this nightmare of a campground! It should not remain open to the public.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Gina S
Thank you for your comments on your stay at Foxwood Family Campground, we are sorry to read of your disappointment. After memorial day we do hit a slow spot until the Fourth of July. I'm sorry you felt our campground was a "dump" but we do have ground crews working day and night. Again we are very sorry for your disappointment.
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Not only i but our entire family was very please after the weekend we spent at Foxwood. We had a great time. The sites are the perfect size. we chose a shaded site but there are also non shaded sits. the staff is very nice and the campground is family oriented. not important but it was also cool to see that have the step2 slides for the babies also as i do have a almost 2 year old its the little stuff that goes a long way.. We really enjoyed our stay and i must say the fire truck was cool for the kids also.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sara s
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Timothy Lake South RV
Timothy Lake South RV
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Foxwood Family Campground? Share your experiences!