“The food was good, But the service SUCKED.”
Review of Island Delights

Island Delights
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 2 November 2011

When I moved from NY I was ecstatic that I could still enjoy Urban food. Don't get me wrong the food is good and you get a good portion if you are of a certain race..yes I have stood there and listened and watched. Coming from a diverse city I was very very disappointed..The staff only tends to one customer at a time and you could be waiting for quite a while. The owner (older woman) is rude and definitely does not care about keeping customers happy. So if you have the patience and demeanor to deal with her holier than thou attitude and small portions by all means please visit them, after all they are the only restaurant that serves this kind of food in the area so why worry about bad reviews

2  Thank IrisB387

Reviewed 14 October 2010

I'm from Dallas texas and there is tons of hip new cuisines on the rise ( so i've tasted many) and when I visited East Stroudsberg pa the only place I ate at was Island Delights it was amazing.

They give free test taste of whatever you want so go to town and chow down yummmm wish I could eat there again

1  Thank emilywalkernunu
Reviewed 7 August 2008

I was treated to lunch and the food was great and the portions are more than the average person can eat at one time. One of my coworkers who can eat a lot finished his meal but said he was stuffed.

I travel to this area weekly for work and I will not be coming as often and I am very sorry I did not know about Island Delights before now. Whenever I am in the area again I will be stopping in.

PS. I almost forgot the best part, I do not eat beef and they serve a chicken patty and it is taste so good.

Treat youselves to Island Delights you will be very happy when you leave.

TGMJ

1  Thank TravelMamaGone
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 23 February 2008

good food! awesome desserts!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 19 December 2007

One of my favorite spots in the Stroudsburg area for something a little different. Their jerk chicken or roti are all consistently excellent and served with your choice of a couple of sides as a meal or just the plain item if you'd like. "Mini meals" are also available and economical if a big meal is too much and you still want more than just the meat.

Also quite popular are their meat patties - definitely suggested.

Nice family run place with just a small inside seating area of plain tables, mostly a take out business. Full set of sodas and other treats from the islands as well.

1  Thank sneezey