“Great, clean affordable room ”

Budget Inn & Suites
Morristown, New Jersey, United States
“Great, clean affordable room ”
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after spending 2 nights at the Stroudsmoor Country Inn for a wedding. This hotel was FAR nicer and cheaper !! We had a pet-free non-smoking room. The room was clean, the beds were comfy and there was a mini fridge. I would definitely stay here again if we wind up in the area.

Stayed August 2014
PAUL A, General Manager at Budget Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Thank you for writing on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you being our guest and noticing the VALUE we offer in our hotel. Our Pet Friendly Rooms include direct outdoor access to covered parking, and are near our pet walking areas and play yard. We're glad you enjoyed your stay!
Paul Antosh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Czech first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Pretty much exactly what you would expect. Bar was cheap and well appointed. Good location too. The service was very friendly and the beds pretty darn comfy. All in all not a bad night in east stroudsburg

• Stayed July 2014
We pride ourselves on providing the BEST VALUE at our bar & restaurant! And we do it in a great, relaxing atmosphere with good conversation, VERY reasonable prices and friendly service. VCheck out our lounge on our web site at www.poconobudgetinn.com. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor.....and thanks for being our guest!
Farmingville, New York
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed there last week and was very disappointed with the stay, compared to the stay I had with then a few years ago. First off we woke up early to head to a local water park and wanted to be there as they opened to get a good spot in the park. So we went downstairs to the restaurant for the complimentary breakfast to discover that all the food was empty, we asked if it would be refilled and were told yes it was on its way. We waited over a half our and nothing was replaced, eggs were empty, no milk for cereal, no sugar for coffee, no spoons, no yogurts, etc. there was no way of even piecing together a bit of breakfast. So we left without eating, which was very frustrating since the breakfast was one of the reasons we stayed at this hotel. We also stayed because we had a pet with us and I had remembered their convenient pet friendly rooms with nice accessible parking to the room for easy access with the dogs and kids with me. When we returned one evening from dinner the spot by our room and all the rooms in the pet area where gone and we had to park in a dark back alley and walk all the way with my 2 kids and dog. When I approached the front desk attendant he was rude and condescending. Room was not as clean as it was when we stayed years ago and we were just very disappointed. Blankets were very uncomfortable as well as the pillows.Was also told on the phone when I booked the room one rate then when we checked out they added a pet fee to the bill, when I had asked on the phone there was no mention of the fee. Will not be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ADuruz
Thank you for your comments. Our Guest Inspired Complimentary Breakfast is VERY popular with our hotel guests. We offer a Homemade Fritatta or FRESH Scrambled Eggs, Hand Cut Home Fries, all cooked right in our kitchen, not in a microwave!. We bake our oen Buttermilk Biscuits, Muffins and Sweet Rolls. We also offer assorted Juices, never from frozen concentrat, fresh whole fruit, assorted cereals, english muffins, mini bagels and cream cheese, toaster station, hard cooked eggs, assorted danish and good old fashioned coffee..... with half and half, regular milk and skim milk to choose from. As such, every now and then, many of our guests come in a t once. It mak take us a few muinutes to prepare more food, as we make it fresh only when needed, so it doesnt sit in a chaffing dish drying out.... but we do restock as quickly as our stoves can cook the food. It may be a little wait, but we think its worth it to get hot, fresh breakfast food to our guests, every time. Thanks for writing. Hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I called on phone months in advance and was quoted a price. I gave my cc number and reserved two rooms. When I arrived to check in I waited over 10 minutes before man at desk even acknowledged me....he was on phone arguing. At time of check in I was charged $100 more for each room than I was told on phone. At this point tho I had no confirmation of price because they don't email u confirmation. So as a result I had no other choice but to pay rate because all hotels in area were booked. The man argued with me basically saying I was lying and that he would refund me money to just leave because I said he should match price I was told on phone. He was the rudest most ignorant man I encountered in a long time. I also has a issue with my kids playing with a ball outside room. We were told no ball playing skateboarding ect was permitted. I could see if they were throwing it at cars or damaging something but come on they were doing nothing but playing.

• Stayed August 2014
Thanks, Shirley, for writing on Trip Advisor. We do apologize if there was any confussion about the price of our Camel Beach Packages that we do offer. Once we set these prices in late spring (as soon as we receive ticket pricing from Camel Beach) they never change until Labor Day when the park closes. We even publish them on our web site. For everyone's information, our 2014 prices are as follows... Sunday through Thursday night stay, includes 1 waterpark admission per guest, hotel room and all taxes, complimentary breakfast for all. Total price for room (not per person) 2 people $152.9, 3 people $195.98, 4 people $239.87. Weekend and holidays, friday, saturday and holiday eve nights, same package, 2 people $188.20, 3 people $242.08, 4 people $295.89. There is a maximum of 4 guests to a room. If you paid any more than these published rates, please contact me immediately. I will refund the difference PLUS and additional 25%. Thanks
Pleasantville, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Checked in on 8/19 - 8/21 ---- affordable but will spend a little more next time to stay somewhere else.
THE GOOD -
- Front desk staff treated us very nice from beginning till end.
- The hotel has a clean look on the outside and also front desk area was cleaned. Room - no complaints from a clean status point of view.
- Tomatoes restaurant is right next to the front desk and inside the hotel - they will deliver to your room if you request it.
- Hotel is small therefore easy to navigate.
- Location is great - pretty much about 15min drives from ski resort areas or outdoor activities.
- The bathroom was very nice; cleaned and plenty on room for him and her.
- Flat screen tv and a nice size refrigerator were a nice touch.
- Free wifi is a plus but signal kept going in and out.

THE AREAS with room for IMPROVEMENT -
- If you are not into Cemeteries than this hotel is def not for you. Behind/next to the Hotel is a cemetery. (can not be improve because it is what it is)
- Even though the restaurant staff seemed nice the food was not the best; it lacked taste.
- No vending machine on my floor (only ice machine) so I had to walk to front office area to get a soda and the one snack machine was not working.
- The beds were fine but a little to soft. --- hotel should def find a way to replace the bedding and curtains with material that gives the room and more chic look. The current material used as bedding and material used as curtains give a the room a cheap look.

Over all - is was nice - I got what I paid for but will def spend a little more next time and stay in a diff. hotel.

Room Tip: If possible get a room closer to front desk so you can get take advantage of the free morning coffee...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thanks, Carlos, for writing. It's true, we don't have a pool, but as such, our rates & value more than make up for it! With only 3 floors, we only offer vending on the main floor, as well as ice in two different locations. Out Lobby Coffee Bar is very popular with our guests, but there is also coffee service in every room with unlimited supplies, so you dont even have to leave your room to enjoy your morning coffee! Whle we try to please everyone, sometimes it just does not work. Some people prefer spicy food, while others wish to add their own spice. Some guests enjoy a firm supportive mattress, others want a soter "cloud like" feel when they sleep. Either way, we have had to make some choices in what we offer. Be assured that our Mattress are Serta Presidential Queen and King Pillow Tops, and we source our food and beverage locally for freshness. We're sorry that the choices we have made are not to your liking, but we thank you for your comments and hope to see you again.
Bronx
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

The staff is not very nice and the location is near a cemetary nothing is close around! The roasted tomatoe diner has the worst food and the staff is rude there ! The pizza was awful! Only the hotel coffee was good ,,, the room was fair , needs more lighting too , and they only left 2 wash clothes ,,, not so good

• Stayed August 2014
Thanks for writing on Trip Advisor. It's very true..... If you are not driving, the many attractions that the Pocono Mountains has to offer can be frustrating to get to. While almost all of the great Pocono Mountain Attreactions are within a 15 minute drive from our hotel, our public transportation system is geared to move residents from one municipality and shopping area to another. We no not have taxi service as any of the 5 boroughs do, but, our area does have service. We dont recommend waiting on the curb and trying to hail a taxi, but with a call, we can get you a cab in a reasonable amount of time. One of the reasone so many people enjoy the Poconos is the natural beauty of the Mountains, Lakes, Scenery, Wildlife and open green space we offer. Thnak you for writing and we appreciste your comments.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The only reasons why I did not give this hotel the lowest rating was the cleanliness of the room and the rate, which was reasonable given the quality of the accommodations and the location. The staff at this hotel are beyond rude and I experienced firsthand on the phone and then in person their bad attitude and lousy customer service. While checking in, the staff person was on the phone talking with another customer the whole time, putting each one of us on hold, on and off. His colleague at the front desk was busy arguing with a person on the phone calling about his reservation through a 3rd party, which he apparently wanted the hotel to change and resulted in the caller being called "an idiot". My room was not ready and I was told to come back in 15 minutes. I gave the staff person my cell number to call me when it was ready, as I did some shopping. I didn't get a call within 45 minutes, so returned to the hotel only to find that the new front desk staff had no idea I was waiting for my room and could find no evidence of my phone number on file. Perhaps because I was traveling with a dog, the room they gave me was literally in a garage area, with no windows other then the one looking out at the cars in the garage, which was semi-enclosed. It was a dark, damp, and dreary room, which smelled strongly of bleach, but hey at least I knew they had cleaned recently. The A/C did not work properly and leaked all over outside on the pavement. The furniture and bedding were cheap and uncomfortable. The shower was fine, as cheap hotel showers go. I chose this place to do some vacationing in the Poconos, but did not realize how economically depressed this town is, despite the University and recreation areas nearby. Many stores were shut down or not worth going in to. I had to eat on the outskirts of town one night at a roadside hamburger stand. I was approached by two homeless women, on two different occasions, one clearly intoxicated and very much pregnant, looking for money. I tried to refer each to social services, which did not seem abundant either. In retrospect I should have stayed in a smaller town, like Easton, to the southeast, which seemed to be thriving. Neither East Stroudsburg nor this budget hotel are worth spending money on. One bright spot is the Outlet Mall and some other big box stores, where you can at least see a movie or buy a bathing suit.

Room Tip: Avoid the garage rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank tcdc85
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and opinions on Trip Advisor. While we can not help but wonder why you did not enjoy all of the beautiful things the Poconos has to offer, the experience you describe regarding our staff is very ubnsetteling to me. I do understand that you my have had to park in our well lit an secure parking lot, rather than in front of you room, as there is no reserved parking, our pet friendly rooms open directly to covered parking for pet parents' convenience and for the comfort of other guests by not having pets in the public areas of the hotel.. We do understand that many people are alergic to pet dander and as suce, we need to be mindful of everypone's comfort. Again, the experience you describe with our staff is inexcuseable. I would appreciate hearing from you directly so we may discuss this in more detail. Thank you for letting me know. I appreciate you taking the time to do so and I look forward to your call.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Super 8 Stroudsburg
Super 8 Stroudsburg
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg

Been to Budget Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!