“Friendly staff but....”

Days Inn East Stroudsburg
“Friendly staff but....”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The single clerk behind the check-in counter was friendly but the check-in process was slow. The room was old but appeared to be clean considering the age. There was a plastic insert over the original tub which was not sealed properly so water was caught between the insert and the original tub making it feel as if you were on a surfboard when standing in the tub. The pressure from standing on the insert forced air out of the unsealed seam which smelled like a septic tank. Couldn't stand to take a shower the 2nd night.

The Blue Tequila restaurant is part of the property and the food tasted like it was just out of the freezer into a microwave. It took almost 30 minutes to get the checks and make the payments after the meal.

Two of my friends who stayed in other rooms had people partying in the next room and pounding on their door. We had a total of 6 rooms and 3 or them had the same issue with the water in the tub. Two others had wet carpet under the bathroom sink. When the maintenance problems were reported the staff did respond but there are just too many issues here to be a one-off occurrence.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInnEStroudsburg, Manager at Days Inn East Stroudsburg, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
I am sorry to here your stay was not what you expected. We are currently in the process of renovating the property; This way we can better provide for our guests. Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns and we hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Selden, New York
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I've been staying at this hotel many years and I've enjoyed it a lot!

1. The rooms, the rooms are very clean and the beds are Made when you check in. Some rooms come with a microwave and a fridge. The TV was very clear and comes with enough channels to keep kids and adults happy, the pillows are comfortable and the blankets are good enough. The bathroom is nice for the most part as well and the bath and shower work well.

2. The pool - the pool is very nice and its heated so you don't get to cold but its still refreshing. And they have changing rooms in the building and towels in the area. The pool ranges from 3-8 ft and is wide enough to get a good swim in.

3. Places near the hotel - there a few different places to eat near the hotel. Wendy's and Dunkin Donuts are near the hotel and a Mexican themed restaurant is inside the hotel. Camel Beach is relatively close as well.

Room Tip: Get a room near the pool if you go in the winter
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LadyGagaFan2014
I am so glad to here our property has been such a convenience for you over the years. We have many regular guests who come back every year and its just great to hear that we are still the first option for you! thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we hope to see you again!
Glenolden, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 June 2014

booked a room there last night 06/14/2014 didn't even make it through the night! Room smelled like an ashtray but the real fun began about 12:30am when the room next to us had a full on party with load people and music then a fight or two broke out in the room, yelling outside and right in front of our room. By 1am the party moved to the parking lot where the hooping and hollering got louder as more fights broke out pushing up against other residents cars before ending with a football catch bouncing off of cars and parking lot fireworks (and I do me bottle rockets and other) Called the front desk only to be told "what do you want me to do about it" then after giving her proper responsibilities she hung up the phone on me. decided the safe thing to do was leave straight away at 2am in the morning only to be cursed at by the front desk person and escorted off the property by some security guy

Room Tip: stay out of the back parking lot rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Although our convenient location offers easy usability to many different local attractions, the night life can be busy at times. I have spoken with my front desk and have been working with them on consistent customer service improvement. Should you decide to book with us again. Special requests can be made such as a more quite location on the property. I am sorry to here your stay wasn't a good one, and I really appreciate you taking the time to voice your concerns about your stay with us.

Travellers are raving about these East Stroudsburg hotels

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Had a great overnight visit to this hotel. Very convenient to everything I needed to get to and on sight services were great. Rooms was clean and comfortable and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Dennis S
I am glad to here your stay was great! We are constantly working on new ideas and ways to better provide for our guests. It's good to here your stay was comfortable and convenient. We hope to see you again soon!
QUEENS, NY
Reviewed 10 June 2014

OK, we were in town to visit relatives and needed a place to sleep without breaking the bank. The reviews were questionable at best but my budget dictated that we give it a try. What I found was a dated motel room that was clean and offered some with simple amenities (soap, shampoo towels) as well as a flat screen tv which was a bonus. The other reviews complained about the buffett but since it was free I chose to check it out. The cold cereal with milk (Kelloggs Raisin Bran and Fruit Loops) and juice was fine to get my kids started before our checkout. I am a realist and for what I paid for the room I did not expect an omelette station and pastry bar.

Lastly, I found all the staff to be pleasant. The gentlemen who checked me in did copy my ccard and license but it was cheerfully returned to me at checkout by lovely Ms. Asha who tried her hardest to see that my checkout was a good experience. She succeeded and I will return to this quaint property again. I forgot to mention that it has a very large and clean indoor pool which is the warmest indoor pool I have ever swam in. So if you want to stay a night in the Poconos with an indoor pool and a clean beds you can stay for less than the price of a tank of gas at this clean and safe property this is the place. If you want a fancy place with a deluxe breakfast then you need to spend double and stay elsewhere. I feel it was food value for my money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! Our entire team really appreciated the positive feedback that was provided in your review. Times are changing and we are constantly striving to meet the growing needs of our guests, while still providing a cost efficient option. I am so happy to here you will be booking with us again, and even more excited to here that your stay with us was a great one. Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The worse experience ever! I was away with my sons for a soccer tournament, and they couldn't even take showers after the game because tubs looked discusting. I booked a non smoking room, but the room smell just like cigarrettes!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Ricardo O
DaysInnEStroudsburg, Manager at Days Inn East Stroudsburg, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
I am sorry to hear your stay was not what you expected. We are currently undergoing many property improvements. Condensing our smoking to non-smoking ratio is one of them. Should you decide to book with us again this should no longer be a problem. Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos

Been to Days Inn East Stroudsburg? Share your experiences!