“Overnight stay -” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Easton
Waldorf, Maryland
“Overnight stay -”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stayed at this hotel overnight on our way to New York. The only reason we stayed was because we were dead tired and couldn't continue down the road for another hotel.

When we stayed here, the hotel was under renovation. Lots of pulled up carpets and unfinished areas. The area was very seedy - a lot of people hanging out in the parking lot, people smoking cigarettes and other substances in the hotel property. There was a loud argument on the floor where part of my party was staying. The back door of the hotel was propped open, giving no security to the occupants.

The breakfast was average, the usual continental offerings, nothing to write home about.
The night attendant was very friendly though, he let us look at the rooms before booking, which was very nice of him.

I've stayed in Quality Inns before, and this was not the standard of excellence I'm used to.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this review, 21 July 2013
We sincerely value the comfort of our guests, which is why we are thankful for the constructive feedback you have given us for it gives us a chance to better serve you. Although it is troubling to hear that we have fallen short in meeting you expectations, we wish to let you know that this serves as our motivation to correct the deficiencies you’ve pointed out regarding the hotel upkeep and the security in total. We are sorry for the inconvenience it has caused you, and such matters will be evaluated accordingly to so that we can ensure your utmost comfort next time. We hope that we may be given a chance to serve you again on your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
ENGLEWOOD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

I can't believe this is the only hotel in town, but it was the only one we found and so--needing a place to stay--we checked in. It's a seedy area, near the train tracks and the train station. Easton is a college town, but this part of town in July is pretty much in the hands of the locals. We did drive around, and saw some lovely architecture, lots of hills and one way streets--and no traffic.

The hotel is under renovations. That's a nice way of saying you will find things that are not quite up to your own personal standards, but maybe by the next time you come through it'll be all done.
Our first room was unacceptable to my wife, (I was out at the car so I never saw it), the second room was very nice. Good size and updated.

The pool was also closed for renovations, and the parking lot seemed iffy. Lots of people talking on cell phones, smoking and some leaning into car windows--making deals? I don't know. I will say the strip center just across the street had a business in it called "Condoms Galore" so I guess this is the "wild side", but just a few blocks from the center and a number of restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank EnglewoodDane
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Ensuring your comfort and convenience is what drives us to work hard in giving you a pleasantly memorable experience to remember. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and giving us your positive feedback. The appreciation you gave with regards the room accommodation in total is indeed heart-warming. We certainly hope to serve you again very soon.
Washington Township, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

We found our room in great condition. The checkin/counter staff was great and considerate. The neighborhood and some of the other guests made you wonder about safety. This was our second stay in two years, we had no safety issues and we will be staying again. We did not experience any cigarette smoke.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
The comfort and security of our valued guests means so much to us, and to be able to ensure it without fail is our primary goal. We truly appreciate your loyalty and the effort you gave to share to us your positive experience. To hear that we have served you well is rewarding enough for us already. Thank you for trusting us to deliver quality service to you then and now. We wish to let you know that your heart-warming feedback, serves as an inspiration for us to further excel in the delivery of our services. We hope to see you again very soon.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

This room is so gross. It smelled like cigarettes when we came in, and now is an overwhelming smell of pot. We are in the non smoking room halls. Hotel has shady people hanging around too. Ugh. The pool is being renovated I guess but they just have blue tarps everywhere. My husband I and I came to go to a show at the theatre and will never be back

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
We would like to extend our appreciation in taking the time to write us your feedback. We are however deeply sorry for we fell short on your expectations. Your concern with regards to the hotel accommodation in total is indeed very disappointing; all the matters you raised will surely be put into meticulous assessment and be given prompt actions without delay. We wish to let you know that your voice has been clearly heard. The opportunity you gave for us to improve means a lot to us, and we hope that we may serve you again in the future and give you a far better experience.

Travellers are raving about these Easton hotels

Rome City, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

This is clearly NOT a Hilton property or part of the Marriott family, but for a Quality Inn, it was a nice one-night stay. The young lady who checked me in was friendly and wasted little time getting me into my room. I was able to use a travel coupon, which saved some money off of the rack rate. I ate from the Domino's Pizza across the street after the same desk clerk said that she couldn't fully recommend the Chinese restaurant next to it. I hit the Wawa across the street up for coffee before heading out in the morning. The pool looked to be completely out of service, which might just be the final phase of the remodeling that has reportedly taken place. Since there were no convenient empty plugs adjacent to the bed, I ended up having to unplug the alarm clock, which meant that I had to reset it before leaving in the morning. The room had a strong and reliable wifi signal throughout the night and the hotel offered a decent selection of cable channels. I had my pickup and a 34' trailer with me and was able to park on the back side of the hotel with little problem. There is a huge, vacant lot adjacent to the hotel that might be available for other truck or RV parking, but I did not inquire about that when I checked in. My room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The continental breakfast looked very standard, though I did not eat any of it before leaving. Overall a decent night's stay at a decent price.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
We thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us your very positive feedback following your recent stay; it is because of guests like you that we aim to challenge ourselves in constantly improving the services we offer. It is our aim to not only attend to the needs of our guests but also find ways to offer a comfortable place to stay in while giving them the best value for their money. Thank you for being such a great inspiration to drive us to succeed. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stayed here and I found that this hotel was a great price for a great room. Everything was modern and convenient. I had inadvertently left my comb, tooth brush and tooth paste at the last place I stayed. I noticed a sign on the vanity that said that if you forgot any of these things, they have complimentary items at the front desk. Okay, so they weren't the exact ones that I would buy but hey, it was great to know I didn't have to go find a store. I was so tired and I just wanted to brush my teeth and go to bed. It was a great stay.

Room Tip: I can't imagine a bad room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
qulity1, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Easton, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Hearing heart-warming feedbacks from our valued guest is indeed very inspiring. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you and show you that we aim nothing but to offer quality service. The appreciation you gave with regards to the comfort and the convenience you felt while staying with us brings us great delight. We certainly hope that we may be of service to you again very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Quality Inn
Lafayette Inn
Lafayette Inn
#2 of 7 in Easton
Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78

Been to Days Inn Easton? Share your experiences!