“Elegance with little expense”

Grand Eastonian Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Easton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Central Pennsylvania
“Elegance with little expense”
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Only stayed a single night with a relatively late check-in and early check-out but the size of their suites are tremendous. I didn't measure the square footage but it was EXTREMELY spacious with two floors, two or three bathrooms, a full kitchen and living/seating areas everywhere. Very comfortable and exceptionally affordable. So many other hotels could learn a thing or two with good customer service and excellent lodging.

Room Tip: Suites, if available, are "to die for"
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
West Virginia
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My family stayed at this property in the summer of 2010 and enjoyed the spacious rooms and historic ambiance. So when we returned to Easton in August 2011 for a family reunion, we decided to stay again. We needed two bedrooms for our party of four and I asked for a two bedroom suite but was told none were available. So we booked a one bedroom suite and a king whirlpool room. The room rates were higher than the previous summer, but we decided to go for it since we would have plenty of room and a living room and kitchen. What we found was that some of the rooms have been converted from two bedroom suites to two separate rooms. One of our rooms was only a bedroom with a large bathroom with whirlpool tub. It was the same rate as the one bedroom suite. I do not think this is appropriate pricing. The smaller room should have been a lower rate.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask about the square footage and configuration of the room if you are considering booking...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BLMWestVirginia
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I had business in Easton for one night and needed a place to stay that was centrally located. This place was it. Only minutes from every highway. ALthough I didn't need the kitchen and living room, it was there should I ever need to stay more than a few nights in Easton. Everyone was friendly and kind. The room was super clean with a really comfy bed. Views of the mountains and town reminded me of an Edward Hooper painting. Breakfast couldn't have been easier and faster. Again, the best part was the kindness of the staff. Very kind and helpful.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Not a great spot for business travelers. No desk, no extra outlets, no HD TV with computer input. I arrived to fire trucks pulling up outside of the hotel. The alarm was going off due to water hitting a sensor in the elevator shaft. They finally got the alarmed turned off and I was informed that it happens and there is nothing to worry about. Well, the fire alarm went off again (repeatedly) between 5:18 AM till 5:50 AM. I called the front desk to see if we actually needed to evacuate and got no answer. I don’t know about you but I like to have someone available during emergencies. So not being able to reach anyone at the desk, I crawled out of bed and went down to the lobby. It was empty. Now I was worried. Maybe everyone was outside. Round the corner and find a guy at a control panel. NO idea who he is, no name tag, no uniform. He starts yelling over the alarm that it is nothing to worry about, just the sensor tripped again. I go back up the flights of stairs. Awesome. Wait a while and then head to breakfast with my coupon. You can only get muffins and bagels with the coupon for a "Free Breakfast" - I can’t eat wheat . They offered me yogurt for a price, but no menu. Curt, unfriendly, and unhelpful. Don't expect to get a full healthy breakfast. Not a good impression. Checking out there was no compensation for the alarm or any mention of the inconvenience. My visit involved some extenuating circumstances yet my issue is with how they were handled. Small, clean room. Huge bathroom. Great location. Lovely old hotel, but not going back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
WV
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Reserved a one-bedroom, but were upgraded to a two-bedroom two-bath unit. These are "Units; or ours was. Some are occupied by condo owners. Modern appliances in kitchen, living room/dining room with flat screen TV on LR wall.Nice bathrooms. Unit very clean. When a light bulb didn't work, some one brought one to our room promptly. Desk staff person very nice and accommodating.

The cons: We discovered late at night that the a/c was not working and the bedroom got very uncomfortable, even when we turned it down to 60 degrees. We were in #702.

Also, the t.v. picture in the bedroom was horrible. An old set and not very large screen by today's standards.(We didn't turn on TV in LR).

Might stay again as it was a convenient location. However, I would check the a/c and t.v. before unpacking.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Nicely restored historic property located in downtown Easton. Convenient parking, huge rooms, though a little pricey for the area. No problems with temperature control even though the region was experiencing a record heat wave. Convenient walk to local bars and restaurants through safe neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Spectacular! The hotel is beautiful. The room was so nice. I even took a picture of the hardwood floors and appliances for home :) Did I say SPECTACULAR! It was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The room was spacious and modern. You could tell the hotel was recently renovated. We took the kids up to the Crayola Factory which was a short drive very convenient. We felt very safe down town and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
Days Inn Easton
#7 of 7 in Easton
TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton
Hampton Inn and Suites Bethlehem

Been to Grand Eastonian Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!