“booked at the last minute and very pleasantly surprised”

Grand Eastonian Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Easton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 July 2012

The person who took our reservation was extremely helpful and set the tone for our stay. When we arrived, the front desk staff were also very nice and tried to make sure everything was to our liking. We had the dreaded Room 702 and were thrilled with it. It was huge, had 2 great bathrooms, a fully-stocked kitchen, lots of storage and a view of the river. It was also close to great restaurants and other activities. One negative of our room was that there was not enough seating in the living area. Also, the breakfast was really just cereal and muffins but was fine for us.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel this weekend from Saturday until Sunday. I was very impressed with this gem of a hotel. From the moment that I made my reseravation until the moment that we left I was greeted by nothing but friendly facees willing to make my stay nothing less the amazing. I had had a speacial request to set the room up romatically for my boyfriends birthday. The two young ladies at the front desk were eager to assist and made the room look wounderful.

Though this is an older building it has been renovated nicely leaving some classic peices to show off the history such as the Clock at the top of the stairs and the old mail slot just to name a few. I TOTALLY LOVED the bathroom as it was big and warm feeling. the walk in shower was a plus. The room was very clean. I had a room with a king bed and a whirlpool. There were tons of places to eat and many sites to see. If Im ever in the area again The Grand Eastonian is where I will be staying.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Amazing. We had an industrial loft space in an historic building. We went to Easton for the Crayola experience and wanted to stay!! For the price of a suite We got a one bedroom apartment replete with balcony, modern (gorgeous) fully stocked kitchen, and access to a gym and pool. The location was great- we were able to walk to Crayola! The service was okay. Sharon at the front desk seemed really helpful but we had to wait hours for her to program our room keypad so we could come and go. Alexis was kind enough to keep letting us in until the door was programmed. If given the chance we would definitely come back!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We found this hotel to be very pleasant, with excellent amenities and a helpful staff. A short walk to great dining options and perfect location for visiting Lafayette College.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I recently stayed here with my girlfriend in a king whirlpool room. The room is clean and modern. The bathroom is amazing! The hotel itself is clean and quiet. I recommend this hotel for someone wanting a nice room for a night!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 10 March 2012

As a Disney vocational club member I am used to being spoiled with near perfection of accommodations and happy smiling service for many of my travels. I am happy to say that the staff of the grand eastonian is professional, thorough, very knowledgeable about the area and goes out of their way to make your trip smooth. When I asked about post theatre dining, not only did they suggest a wonderful restaurant where the food was superb, they found out what time my show was expected to end, and made reservations. Although the ceilings were a little rustic, bathroom accommodations surpass any expectations and the bed was super comfy!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I chose this hotel for a special evening while we visited Easton. The location is great! You are two blocks from the square, and Easton is a very pleasant town. Parking is free, in a lot next door. Be sure to pull up curbside and check in first, since you need a card to get into the lot. Our price was about $140. That's high for this area, but you get a lot for the money.
As others have mentioned, this grand old downtown hotel was rescued from decay, but the condo conversion did not work out. This means that most suites are enormous. Our room was on the sixth floor facing east. We had a huge living room area with an electric 'fireplace', and several comfortable chairs. We liked the wood floor, but found the profusion of light switches a bit bewildering. There's a big TV on the wall, with a decent cable selection. The kitchen was pretty fancy, and huge. Far more than anyone staying a few days could possibly need, but it was designed with residency in mind. Pots, pans, dishes, glasses, etc. included. There was a dining area off the kitchen, with a table that would seat 4 pretty easily, and had a nice view over the river.
The bedroom was small, but cozy, and our window looked out over Easton's beautiful old bridge. The bed was a double, clean and comfortable, with nice linens and pillows. The bathroom was clean, but rather stark. Although the area for the sink and toilet was very large, the small shower stall (with nice stone walls), had a cramped and awkward entry. Very nice toiletries were provided, and the towels were above average.
As far as other amenities go, we had a good wi-fi signal (free), and the pool was open late. It was a bit on the small side, and a little dark at night, but we were glad to have it. The continental breakfast is not the best I've ever had, but it's free. All in all, we were very pleased with the room, and plan to return.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple