“Excellent stay!”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Easton
Louisiana
“Excellent stay!”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I just finished a 2 week stay at this wonderful property, and I can honestly say this is the best hotel visit I've ever had! Each and every hotel staff member is friendly, welcoming & happy to help. During my stay, I never saw even one employee without a smile. Any time I came in contact with any staff member, they always happily greeted me, and engaged in pleasant small talk. It seems to be very much like a family there, & I felt this from the moment we checked-in.

I chose TownePlace for two reasons. We were going to be in the area for an extended time, and wanted the ability to have a larger fridge & microwave in room. We also travel with our dog, so we needed pet friendly accommodations. Both of these needs were taken care of nicely!

Upon arrival, I immediately noticed how neat & well maintained the outside areas of the hotel were. Large pet-walking area, with bags & receptacle provided. As we walked in, we found the interior of the property was just as neat & well maintained, with a pleasant, clean smell. Fresh cookies were out in the breakfast area, which is a very nice treat after a long day of travel.

Our suite was comfortable, and tastefully decorated. Beds were comfy, sheets very soft & plenty of fluffy towels. If anything else was needed, all we had to do was ask & it was cheerfully supplied. The closet area is huge, which is so nice when a couple is travelling together for a long period of time. There's also a very nice (coin op) guest laundry, indoor pool & fitness area.

The cleaning staff here are the best I've ever encountered. Since this is an extended stay, the room is "refreshed" every other day - replace towels, take trash, replace any of the incidentals, run dishwasher & a quick tidying of the room. A full clean, with sheet changing & a thorough cleaning is done once a week. Danielle took care of us most of the time & she was EXCELLENT! Very pleasant & sweet, called me by name & always asked was there anything else I needed. I couldn't have had better care.

Location of the hotel is great - there are many choices of restaurants, fast food & food stores nearby. Virtually anything you could have a taste for is in that area. But, as other reviewers have mentioned, your GPS will take you past the road into the hotel, so keep your eyes open!

The property is located next to a major thoroughfare and the con is - it can be quite noisy. Again, as other reviewers have noted, most of the noise can be avoided by having a suite on the back side of the hotel. The pro is - it's easy-off & easy-on to the highway!

I will absolutely stay at this property next time I am in the area. It's like home away from home!

Room Tip: Suites on the back side of the building are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Brittany S, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Kelly S:

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Bethlehem Easton for your extended stay purposes! I am so extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your extended stay with us and that our staff made you feel like family as that, along with cleanliness, is what we strive for. Being a pet-friendly hotel, we love to see that all of your family members were well taken care of as well. Our staff takes pride in their work and truly loves what they do, and it seems that they had given you that impression as well.

Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us on any future trips to our area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We travelled with our two teenage children to look at several colleges in the Lehigh Valley area. We chose this hotel due to its proximity to the colleges and price. I am a Marriott Rewards Member and like to stay at Marriott properties whenever possible. While I have never stayed at a TownPlace Suites and was not sure what to expect, I was not disappointed. The hotel was very clean and the parking was ample. I am a clean freak and I was happy with this choice. I was welcomed by a wonderful front desk clerk and was off to my room in no time. We had a two queen bed room with a small kitchen. The room included a dining table and chairs and two sitting chairs as well as a flat screen tv. While the room was a bit small for the four of us, it was still quite comfortable. The beds were comfortable, although the quilt or what substituted for a quilt could have been a bit heavier. Other reviewers commented about the soft pillows. Not all the pillows were soft and used with a thicker pillow underneath it they were comfortable. The air conditioning in the room worked great. We only used the refrigerator in the kitchen, but the kitchen was nicely stocked with dishes and even had a dishwasher, stove and a microwave. This room would have been very comfortable for an extended stay.
Our room was on the third floor and faced the back of the building. We did not hear any noise whatsoever. Also of note, there is a huge Wegman's near the hotel and there are numerous restaurants and stores near by. There is a Sonic right next to the hotel and sa Wawa market.
On the afternoon we arrived, there was a snack in the lobby. Delicious Snickerdoodle cookies. They also had apples and cold water in addition to coffee and tea. I have been to more upscale hotels that give you no food in the lobby. This was a real treat after a long day.
The breakfast the next morning was adequate. They had yogurt, fruit, cereal, hard boiled eggs, waffles, english muffins, bagels and toast. The breakfast area was clean and was stocked very nicely. There was a hotel worker in the breakfast area restocking food if necessary. The tables were also very clean.
There was a small indoor pool but we did not use it.
All in all, I would stop here again on my next visit to this area. The staff did a wonderful job of keeping this hotel clean and like home.

Room Tip: Ask to face the back side of the hotel away from the highway
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Parenttravel46:

Thank you for choosing to stay at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Bethlehem Easton! I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay to the fullest. Our kitchen, indoor pool and complimentary upgraded continental breakfast are just a few of our great amenities. As you have noted, we also have 22 dining options within 5 miles of the hotel and are very close to shopping locations.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you back in the near future!
Putnam County, NY
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, with a nice little kitchenette. Although, it ha very long hallways and unless your were near one of the elevators it was kind of a long walk although I am just lazy and kept going in and out of my room which made it very frustrating to have to walk down the long hallways. The beds were amazingly comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013
Hello Tara_TW:

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Bethlehem Easton. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the comfort of the bedding suited your needs. Should you choose to stay with us on your next trip to the Lehigh Valley, please feel free to request a suite near to the elevator or on the first floor. Our front desk associates try very hard to honor every request.

Thank you again for staying with us!
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed here one night while visiting the Crayola Factory. We used our GPS and it lead us to an empty field on the left when it was really located on the right side on a side street. We were able to call the hotel and get directions from the nearby shopping center. The room was very spacious, we had a one bedroom suite with a kitchenette. There was an indoor pool that was nice, but you did have to walk outside to get the pool. Since it was summer it wasn't a big deal, but you might not be so happy about that in the winter. It was about 15 mins from the Crayola Factory and it was near lots of shops and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lava F
Dear Lava F:

Thank you for staying with us at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Bethlehem Easton! I apologize for the confusion the GPS had given you. We've been contacting all companies since we've opened to have this straightened out and are still persistently contacting them. I am glad however, that our associates were able to get you to our location. Our indoor pool is one of our great amenities and I'm sorry that you had to walk outside to get to it. We do have an entryway indoors at the end of our hall, but it was not clearly marked. We've added a larger sign designated the location of the entrance so you'll be sure to notice it during your next stay.

Thank you again for choosing us and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Lehigh Valley!
Florida
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed here for four nights while in transition during a move. The hotel met my needs and here are what I saw as the pros and cons:

Cons
-Tight parking lot (but it is free)

-Next to busy highway so depending on where your room is located you may here the commercial trucks zooming up and down the road when you are trying to rest

-Like others have said, the pillows and bed are on the softer side, but you can't please everybody's bedding preference. I, too, prefer a firmer bed, but I just stacked the pillows up and found a sleeping position that worked despite the softer mattress

-Walls are a little thin, but I had no issues being disturbed by my neighbors.

-Loud A/C & heating system

Pros
-Free breakfast/parking

-Close to shopping (Walmart, Target, Fast food/Sit-down dining)

-Close to regional highway (Rt 33)

-Refrigerator/Freezer/Dishwasher and cooking area

-Free internet

Room Tip: Don't choose a room on the highway (Route 22) side. You will hear trucks up and down the road a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Hello LYNNIE72:

Thank you for choosing to stay at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Bethlehem Easton. I'm sorry to hear that the noise of the highway disturbed your during your stay with us. Thankfully, we have invested in new white noise machines that can now be requested at the front desk during any time of your stay. Being so close to Route 33 is one of our greatest features as we are close to many highways and there are 22 dining options close by. However, it can also be a disadvantage to those who are light-sleepers. Next time you are in town, please feel free to request a room away from the highway. Our front desk tries very hard to honor every request they can.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future!
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed here with my wife and two year old, when passing through on our way further north. The hotel is in a good location and easy to get to.
We had a one bedroom suite and it was pretty standard. We put our two year old in the bedroom so we could close the door and still access the rest of the suite. This left us to sleep on the pull out couch. Not the most comfortable sleeper sofa, but I guess that's to be expected (they usually aren't). The room was clean and the kitchen was great (large fridge to store our travel cooler overnight).
Check-in/out was a breeze and the staff was very friendly.
My two year old and I used the pool and the hot tub. The pool was great, although the area gets really loud (it's indoor) when more than a few people are in there. The hot tub was pretty dirty. We turned the bubbles on and after a few minutes, there was dirt on top of the bubbles...so we got out.
The breakfast left something to be desired. They have cereal and a toaster for bagels/toast/etc.
Overall, the hotel was very good. I would probably stay here again...only get a larger room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear JWilliams_426:

Thank you for choosing to stay at the TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the one-bedroom suite you had reserved and that our customer service had met, if not exceeded, your needs. I'm sorry to hear that the whirlpool was not up to your standards. We have upgraded to a different cleaning system for both the pool and the whirlpool and it has been working wonders, and I hope that you will see that on your next return trip to the Lehigh Valley. If you enjoyed our one-bedroom suite but would prefer a little more space, try our two-bedroom suite on your next trip. I believe you'll enjoy that even more.

Thank you again and we hope to see you back in the near future!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stayed here this weekend to visit Bushkill Falls and the Lehigh Valley. The check in process was superb! The agent was very welcoming! The studio was your standard TownPlace Suites studio. I did notice that the housekeeper probably didn't do a good job at cleaning up the studio after the last guest checked out. The was a bottle cap under the air conditioner and a candy wrapper on the floor next to the bed. Like others have mentioned, the bed isn't the most comfortable. The mattress feels very soft with no support. When the air conditioner turns on in the middle of the night, be prepared to be woken up. Breakfast is your standard continental breakfast...nothing to write home about. Housekeeping seems to do the bar minimum to get by. I'm a very big believer of leaving the housekeeper a tip since I do feel that they work hard, or at least do the things that I don't want to do. Anyway, we came back at night and my girlfriend noticed that the housekeeper didn't resupply the shampoo and conditioner. She has long hair and between the two of us, we used up the bottle that was already there and naturally expected that when housekeeping came the next morning, it would be automatically replenished...but it wasn't. Also, the floor in the kitchen area seemed a little sticky, maybe someone previous had spilled something, and we asked that the area be mopped, but it wasn't.

All in all, a decent place to rest your head at night. If the Residence Inn offered king size beds, I would make that my first choice when returning to the area in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anson_Tang
Dear Anson_Tang:

Thank you so much for choosing the TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton. I'm happy to hear that our front desk associates made your check-in process enjoyable. I do apologize, however, that our housekeeping department did not replenish your amenities as you had hoped, and that there were a few issues with the room cleanliness in general. Our housekeeping staff strive very hard to keep our rooms fresh and clean, and it seems they may have slipped on this one. We have staff available 24/7 to deliver anything you may need to your room, so please rely on them next time you are in town.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Lehigh Valley.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
The Lafayette Inn
The Lafayette Inn
#2 of 7 in Easton
Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78

Been to TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton? Share your experiences!