“Excellent food at fair price” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food at fair price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

When you walk into this restaurant and notice the cheap tables and chairs and bad layout, don't worry, it must be the reason why they can serve such good food at a decent price. The chef is the owner and a great cook. I've been there a hand-full of times and have always left satisfied. The salads are fresh and tasty, and the escargot app on menu now is incredible! Beef short ribs is my favorite entree and prime pork chop a close runner-up, both are cooked perfectly every time. Had other selections which have also been excellent. Desserts are made in house and are a perfect way to end the night. Restaurant is BYOB. Some of the best food in the Lehigh Valley, unfortunate it is not a more comfortable restaurant, but definitely worth going to. (At least one table has a vent under it that makes dining at that table uncomfortable, so try not to sit there.)

• Visited November 2013

New York, New York, United States
“consistently good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

megs and mads is a reliable little spot tucked away on college hill. the food is consistently good and more interesting than a lot of the local fare in the lehigh valley. the staff is friendly and accommodating. that being said, i don't actually enjoy dining IN the restaurant as much as i could. the space is clearly a converted home, and the dining area has the distinct atmosphere of someone's living room, a rather dark living room at that. for me ambiance is def. a part of the dining out experience, and the ambiance at megs and mads is lacking. however, since the food is good, i've found that ordering take out works best for me. another minor annoyance is the fact that they don't have a website, so when i want to check out their menu online to place an order, i have to go to their facebook page and look at the notes to find the current menu. it's a minor point, i grant you. however, since i like the food and i like the people who own and run the place, i'd like to see the place thrive. a website to serve as a publicity/marketing tool and a more inviting, stylish atmosphere would take megs and mads to the next level, in my opinion. finally, the place is BYOB, which i don't love, but that's so common in the lehigh valley that i couldn't possibly ding them for that. check out megs and mads; even if you share my peeves, you'll still get a good meal and be well treated by the staff.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BRChelsea
long island ny
“Great Food with great value...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

The fresh food and presentation makes this place a winner. Food explodes with favor. BYOB makes this resturant more affordable. This resturant in NYC would be double the price..Good value and good atmosphere. I will say though sitting in the back by the open kitchen was a bit warm.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank mean1234
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“What an awesome place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Went with my family to celebrate my dad's birthday. I had never been here and was skeptical because I hadn't heard of it either. I guess I need to get to Easton more! Well, I know I will now with this as a dining destination. BYOB. Converted row house that is very unassuming from the outside. Inside it is a small (15-20 tables?), but not cramped, nicely designed, relaxed restaurant. Staff was friendly and attentive. Open kitchen area in the rear where the two chefs worked. The food was delicious from start to finish. Had the lump crab meat and avocado salad and the mushroom, pea and truffle risotto appetizer. Shared a flat iron steak special and a Caesar salad for the main entree and the warm apple crisp for dessert. None in our party of six was disappointed with anything we ordered. Never felt rushed and always felt attended to by the wait staff. Really can't say enough good about this visit. I will be back and I highly recommend it.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank gbsutures
New York
“A hidden gem!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Me and my husband was looking for something different for our anniversary. We can across this restaurant on trip advisor and words can not explain.

We walked in and it was quiet and the atmosphere was very calm. The waitress was very attentive and have us special attention.

I would recommend this place to anyone and we will be going back.

• Visited September 2013