“Great place to stay in the Easton area”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Easton
Adirondacks, Ny
“Great place to stay in the Easton area”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Hotel was easy to find, clean, neat and close to restaurants. The front office staff at check-in was efficient and pleasant to deal with and went over and above with a request that we made jokingly. We returned from dinner to find the cookies we had asked for ready and waiting for us.

Olive Garden and Longhorn Steakhouse were within walking distance.

The bed wasn't the most comfortable ever, but not bad. Only complaint was that the fan in the bathroom was very loud.

Room Tip: We made our reservations late so got a handicap access room. Very spacious but don't know if tha...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

I am normally lazy and don't take the time to write a review. However, this experience was so different I just had to. This hotel is the midway point on our travel to a family reunion so we stayed here twice in a one week span.

The top pro is the hotel stay. They are exceptional. They made small talk while checking in to be able to offer tips, such as discounted tickets to the Crayola Factory. They will also print out directions for you. They keep bottles water at the front desk and offer you them whenever they see you. Even the staff at breakfast was friendly and wanted you to be happy.

The rooms were spacious and clean. We had a king bed with a pull out couch. I have a bad back and asked for a firmer mattress. They were all purchased at the same time so there wasn't a lot they could do. i foubd the bed to be just right. On the other hand, the pull out couch was horrible, but was expected so my daughter (age 9) just used the couch w/o the pull out on the return trip. We also stayed on the first floor on one of the stays. You can easily hear people walking and chatting in the hallway. For sleeping we just cranked on the fan. We didn't hear anything, not sure if it was due to the fan or if there was nothing to hear. Either way we slept like babies.

There are a couple restaurants within walking distance, one being Olive Garden.

We didn't use the pool so I am unable to comment on that. I would expect it to be great, like everything else.

There is a conference room/ business center that was being used for a wedding reception. It is kept separate from the hotel. We walked by on the way back from dinner and it was VERY loud. Our room was close by and I thought we might hear it from our room, but not a peep.

I would highly recommend this hotel. :)

• Stayed July 2013
Vienna
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed at five hotels over the course of 10 days (my son is checking out colleges), and this hotel provided the best all-around experience. We were greeted warmly by a friendly employee, who -- upon seeing our red, sweaty faces on a scortching day --immediately offered us cold bottles of water. She told us where the pool and fitness center were located, and where and what hours breakfast was served. Although this may seem like no big deal, I mention it because at three of the other four hotels, this courtesy was not extended. The hotel itself looks new, and our room was large and sparkling clean. If my son ends up at college in Easton, this definitely be our go-to hotel!

• Stayed July 2013
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2013

It was a special joy to stay at the Holiday Inn. It was a very comfortable and very clean. The Staff were very helpful and friendly My Wife has a mobility problem and the bathroom tub had bars to hold on to, not many Hotels have this in their bathrooms unless you have a Handicapped Room. The room has a Microwave and fridge. We are Retired and travel quite a bit and I would recommend this Hotel. I am making this one as a place to return to..

Room Tip: I all ways call and talk to a agent if I was never to the Hotel. I tell them what I need and never h...
Candor, New York
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Have stayed here a few times. The staff is always helpful. Was greeted with cold waters, fresh cookies and a large table of fresh fruit.
Rooms are clean and comfortable. We had a bit of trouble with our TV. They sent someone up within minutes to fix it.

Morrisville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I was here for a wedding with a large group of people. My first ever time being to a HI or HIE & I was pleasantly surprised for the most part. The room was large & very well laid out. We loved that each room had a mini-fridge, sink & microwave! The room was fairly clean. My only issue with the room was that the shower curtain was falling apart & the shower curtain rod must have been bent because the shower curtain kept sliding to the middle while I was showering. Annoying, since the water got all over the floor. A few staff members were very nice, but more than a few were very rude & not at all helpful. Our party rented a room for the wedding after party, it was paid for in advance of course, & when we went in the room to setup before the reception was over, a woman (blonde hair & glasses, younger), came into the room & told us we weren't allowed in the room. I would think this would have been communicated prior to this event, given that she was the one "supervising" the whole event. After giving us the "okay," she stayed in the room with us at the other side, watching us setup... in the dark! She didn't even turn the lights on for us! That's no way to treat people who are part of a wedding that brought the hotel thousands of dollars, not to mention we rented out 50 of the property's 68 rooms on the weekend. It was in a great location which everyone appreciated; very close to many stores, restaurants & highways. All in all, the property was great for a HIE, but the staff could have made the experience better.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Dear Sonya S,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. It is nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of the room. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced over the shower and over the unsatisfactory service you received from the staff. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
chambersburg pa
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Recently we made reservations a month ahead of time for a two night stay, 2 queen beds for a wedding. I called earlier on the day of the first night and spoke to the desk attendant and verified that our rooms were still reserved and I explained that I just wanted to make sure that the room would not be given to someone else since we were getting in late that night. I was assured that everything was set and that I need not worry. We finally made it in close to midnight after a long trip, ready to settle in and to get some much needed sleep. After waiting for some time behind another guest, I spoke with the desk attendant, gave her my name, gave her the wedding party name (which was being held in the hotel the next day) and after finding my paperwork on the desk she explains,"Uh....seems someone gave your room away......" Say what!!!!! I was furious.....what do you mean someone gave our room away? I reserved this room over a month ago, called in earlier today and verifed the room would be available and now you tell me you gave my room away? She started checking her computer, telling me...well, we can give you 1 queen and pullout sofa. I said, NO! Totally unacceptable. We are supposed to have a room on the SAME floor as the rest of the wedding family. She said, well, I just don't know what I should do. I said, I know what you can do, you can kick out the people in the room you gave our room to!! I was getting frustrated with each word she would sputter, and believe me, she was a talker. That alone was giving me a headache. I finally called my son in from outside and told him to deal with her, that I needed a much needed break from this bs. I walked out, collected myself, went back in and she tells me that they have a room on the first level, with the two double beds and that she actually was giving away a room that someone else had reserved. Unfreaking believable! Yeah, we'll take it......then she was constantly apologizing, saying she would get some treats for us as an apology, which was a bag with some water, granola bars etc. She also said she would deduct $20 from our bill for each night. Okay....she's doing her best I guess. The next day was the wedding in their banquet room. I will say from that point on, we were treated exceptionally well, but Sunday came to check out and I was pissed off again. After speaking with my family member before leaving town, I was asked if I recieved my wedding bag filled with all kinds of treats and such that they (the bride and groom) had put together for anyone staying at the hotel. Needless to say, my mouth dropped and I was furious once again. I gave the desk attendant my name. I gave the desk attendant the wedding party name. What kind of incompetent people do they hire at this place? Wake up Holiday Inn.....I have family that live up in that area and if this is how you treat good customers, you may not have customers anymore. Bottom line. I rate the place (on a scale from 1 to 10) a 7. I rate the desk attendant that I dealt with, and the person who gave our room away from the beginning, a 2. This whole situation reminded me of the Jerry Seinfel episode where Jerry is talking to a rental car agency attendant and they gave his rental away. She says to him.."I know how to take reservations." And Jerry responds, " I don't think you do because if you did, I would have my car. You know how to take a reservation, you just don't know how to hold a reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation, the holding."

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 511whatever
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear 511whatever,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our front desk which was unacceptable. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.