“Great place to stay close to Crayola Experience”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Easton
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My family enjoyed our stay here. We wanted a hotel close to the Crayola experience and the Quality Inn close by looked less than appealing. The room at Holiday Inn was very comfortable, clean, and the breakfast was extensive and tasty. Offered discounted tickets for the Crayola Experience makng it a very convinient stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank canuckgrl06

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

In all fairness, I did not stay here. My husband was in the area for business. (He does not have a Trip Advisor account.) He called me after his first night here and said that he checked out. He said his room reeked of mold to the point that he couldn't stand being in there for too long. Also, he said the overall look of the room was shabby. My husband is not a picky person, so for him to check out and stay elsewhere is very telling. My advice- if you're thinking of staying here, you might want to avoid this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank RedRaiderFan416
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear RedRaiderFan416,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The upside to staying here- The staff is very friendly

And now the downside...

I booked a room, for an extra cost mind you, to have a room with a Jacuzzi. As of this moment I have been traveling and working for 49 hours on 3 hours of sleep. I was seriously looking forward to this king sized bed and a Jacuzzi.

BOTH OF THE HANDLES TO TURN THE WATER ON WERE BROKEN AND ONLY TWO OF THE THREE KNOBS TO CONTROL THE JETS WERE PRESENT. I started to fill the tub, and there was black dirt floating around. So either this room hasn't been used in a very long time, highly unlikely, OR the room wasn't properly cleaned. Additionally, as suggested by the rules posted beside the Jacuzzi, I like to switch between the Jacuzzi and the shower. The issue here is that the Jacuzzi is located in an alcove on the exact opposite side of the room from the Jacuzzi.

Aside from that, it's apparently a rule in northern PA that only Hampton Inns can have more than one outlet to charge electronics. Is this the year 2000, or is it 2014?

The hotel is easy to get to if you like winding roads that are poorly lit.

And the icing on the cake, THE AIR CONDITIONER IS NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY. IT'S JULY, NOT DECEMBER.

I have no clue how this place got such a high rating.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SedoneStars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear SedoneStars,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. Our staff always goes out of their way to be helpful and attentive to the guests and we are glad that you enjoyed their hospitality. It is regrettable to hear that your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the condition of our amenities. Please remain assured that we have recorded your comments and will forward them to the appropriate departments for future considerations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is the second time we've stayed here. We picked it because there is a sleeper sofa and we had our daughter with us. The sleeper was uncomfortable for an adult with all of the springs being felt, but would be most likely fine for a child. The king size bed was good, and the room was clean. The breakfast was adequate, what we would expect from this type of place. There was a machine that made pancakes, different types of toast, yogurt, etc. There were pre-made omelets that we would not recommend, though some may like them. There was also sausage and potatoes which we did not try. Staff was friendly and check in and out were easy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stopped here after a long day on the road (and fatigue from dealing with New Jersey traffic). No trouble finding it (with a GPS). Rooms were nice. Facilities were clean. Staff wasn't overly friendly, but wasn't rude. I couldn't help but notice a couple of spots (the matte on the prints in the elevator, the cover on the back door entry) were fixed with tape. Not a big deal, but noticeable.
The one minor negative was the showers. For the life of me, I thought it was defective. No mater how I manipulated the controls, I couldn't get it to work. I cleaned up as best I could, and headed down for breakfast. I stopped at the front desk to let them know it wasn't working. The young lady at the desk said "I guarantee you it's not broken. You have to pull it straight out." I asked if she heard that complaint a lot, and she said "all the time." Surely enough, I followed her advice later, and it worked like a charm. I can't help but wonder why they would stick with a shower design that a reasonably intelligent person couldn't figure out how to work. Otherwise, nice stay.

Room Tip: They are reasonably quiet. Our room was on the side facing the highway ramp, and I didn't notice...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I stayed overnight at this motel after a family party on the 4th of July. The location was very convenient for us, and I chose the place because of favorable reviews and a reasonable price.

The check-in was easy. We were an hour our so early, but the room was ready. It was a basic room, but it had a microwave and a refrigerator. Everything was clean and looked new. The room did have a little bit of a musty smell, but I couldn't tell whether that was because of the setting on the air conditioner.

Anyway, we just wanted a quiet night's sleep, and that's what we got. The bed was comfortable, and even though we were on the side of the building facing a highway, I could not hear any noise from traffic. We liked the room, and thought that the lobby and parking were good.

Friends were also staying at the motel, and we had agreed to meet for breakfast at 9AM. I expected the (decent sized) dining room to be crowded, and it was. Since our friends had a nicer room on the 2nd floor, we put our breakfast on trays and ate in the room, using a dresser as a makeshift table. It was a pretty nice arrangement, and certainly better than the noisy dining room. The free breakfast was typical for this type of motel......you'd do better paying to eat at a diner, but it would be much less convenient.

We found the staff at this motel to be friendly and helpful. They certainly seemed to have plenty of help, and were there when you needed them.

We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My girlfriend and I recently stayed here for one night as we were going to Dorney Park following day and driving from RI. Hotel is about 25 mins from park. The hotel is tucked away and a bit difficult to find at night. The highway heading toward hotel off interstate was so narrow I was terrified driving through!

A pet peeve was, when you walk in to entrance, there are people on each side sitting on benches puffing away on cigarettes. So as you enter the sliding glass door, you are walking through a plume of second hand smoke. Welcome to Easton Holiday Inn I guess..

Front desk workers were somewhat friendly but not overly accommodating. They did allow us to stay an extra 1/2 hour past check in which was appreciated.

I had requested a room not on highway side (front of hotel) and was told only accessible King rooms were available, and that was fine. Our room was right across from elevator on second floor directly above lobby and entrance, so interesting view of plumes of cigarette smoke from smokers at entrance.

The room was nice, althogh decor a bit dated compared to Holiday Inn in Chilicothe Ohio which I stayed at last year and again on this trip I am currently on. This Holiday inn however has decent decor. My love seat looked exactly like the one in picture on here from another guest, one cushion was crushed down compared to other.

The room was clean and the bathroom was pretty nice. Expected a walk in shower since it was accessible but was a regular tub with bars. The Tub was HORRIBLE at draining. After my girlfriend and I showered in morning, the water was an inch from over flowing. Not good since it is directly above lobby!!! That was actually one of a few disappointments.

The BIGGEST disappointment was no other entrances besides the lobby. I have never been to a hotel that does such a thing. There was a side exit we used near pool but it is only an exit and you can't go in through the door, only Lobby. So we only brought some stuff up as it felt weird carting many items in front of everyone in Lobby, as there were always people hanging out, in addition to cigarette smokers guarding the ONLY entrance.

The bed was a bit more firm than I prefer, but I slept okay, could have been better though... The Elevator/guests at elevator waiting were a bit noisy at times, and when we stood near connecting door to room next to us, could hear our neighbors talking.

The Breakfast was pretty good and was always well stocked! Milk (even chocolate), eggs, yogurt, bacon, horrible scrambled eggs, pancakes, muffins, bagels, bread, some gravy slop, and fruit. Also by front desk is a large assortment of fruits which was awesome!

I would likely stay here again if in area, as the price was very reasonable, although getting there is annoying, as is the cigarette smokers by entrance, and the entrance being only way into building. We also ate at Olive Garden down street, you could walk but it is very dark at night between OG and hotel... They let us in 3 minutes to close which was very nice!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mike M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
#6 of 7 in Easton
Days Inn Easton
Days Inn Easton
#7 of 7 in Easton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton? Share your experiences!