“Great hotel at a very reasonable price”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Easton
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Stayed only one night while visiting friends. Hotel was very clean from top to bottom,room was spacious with large flat screen tv. Bathroom was very well stocked with towels, etc.
Complimentary breakfast was fantastic, nice selection of food items, all fresh.
Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 August 2009

We recently stayed for one night while visiting the Crayola Factory. The hotel was excellent. Very clean, friendly, helpful staff, comfortable bed, good size room/bath and the room even smelled fresh. The only complaint/commen we had was the locks on the door are accessible to toddlers. We have a 3 yr old son who could easily open the door on his own and this was with the deadbolt and the other lock above the deadbolt/door handle. Most hotels have this metal lock higher up the door. We obviously would never leave our child unattended, but we didn't like how this was set up. We stayed at another Holiday Inn Express in Langhorne the next 4 nights as we visited Sesame Place and their locks were higher up where only a taller person could reach. This is definitely not a negative review for the hotel in the least, just an opinion. The breakfast area is very small, but there were maybe about 4 people in there when we ate. The food is limited, but they have a few cereal options, milk, juice, coffee, cinnamon rolls, bacon, eggs and bagels/bread. Enough to fill you up before you start your day. I would definitely stay here again if visiting the area.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2009

We needed a room quick after the disaster at the Quality Inn stay on 3rd st in Easton, PA the previous night.

They had a suite with a sofa bed (teen son) and a great rate for it. We checked in and the room was in pristine condition! Staff was very friendly and lobby was "Polished". The breakfast in the morning was fresh and enjoyable in their "breakfast area".

Even with two weddings that took place there and all the activity, the staff made us feel as if we were the only patrons. Kudos to them!

I will recommend this hotel to ANYONE that comes to the Easton area. A few miles from Crayola Factory and other highlights in Easton makes this an ideal location. Restaurants near by with in walking distance. (Olive Garden, Steakhouse, Tic Toc Dinner).

Quiet, exceptionally clean, and warm, welcoming staff. Who could ask for anything more?

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2009

We stayed there for two nights and I have to say I was VERY impressed! First off Sarah at the front desk was a big help as well as Donald the manager. They were will to help in any way they could. We went there for a trip to the Crayola Crayon factory and the hotel is only about 5 min down the road. Couldn't ask for an easier trip. It is right by the interstate and our room even faced it, but didn't hear one car either night. Very Clean hotel. Even has guest washer and dryer if you wanted to do a load of laundry. The breakfast wasn't the usual bagel and coffee even though they had that. The breakfast was cereal, cinimon rolls, eggs, bacon, sausage, bisquits, etc etc etc. It was like a buffet at it started at 6:30am. Saved us some money from having to go to breakfast someplace. I HIGHLY recommend you staying there. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2008

We stayed here for 1 night only. The location is nice, right along the highway but even if you get a room facing it, there wasn't any noise at all.

Our stay was fine, we got to the inn at around 11:30pm, check in was fast and trouble free. The room is big and clean, the hallway to the room had a nice scent to it, but the room itself stank of smoke odor. We complained to front desk, got an apology but was informed that no other rooms were available that night. Being tired from a long drive (from Hershey's), we just let it slide. Also, they don't have wifi, only ethernet dsl but had ran out of cable to use as the hotel was full.

Free breakfast is buffet style, self service and better than some I've tried - they've got scrambled eggs, biscuits w/ gravy, bacon and sausage patty (though we didn't get there in time and they had ran out of this), oatmeal, toasts, bagels, milk, orange juice etc. They've got fruits spread out in front desk, I don't know about cookies as I didn't see any and don't care for it that much anyway. There are several nearby restaurants you can go to if you have a car.

Business Center has a computer you can use and print from too.

Overall an ok stay. Aside from the smoky smell in the room of course.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 19 June 2007

I sometimes travel for my job, and since a motel is basically my home which I am away, I always try to look for something nice. Generally I will stay at Holiday Inn and Hampton, because they are not very pricey and normally both offer good service. I am VERY unhappy with the Holiday Inn Express in Easton. Twice during my stay, housekeeping did not clean the room. The first time a note was left on the bed saying the room could not be made because there was an item on the bed. The only item was the remote control for the television. Funny thing is, the person could not make the bed, but they had no problem removing the TIP (cash money) that I left on the bed for cleaning. Two days later, on a Friday night, I came back to find the room untouched again. This time I was upset and called the front desk. I spoke with Amanda who said she would "see" if she could do something. I left for dinner, came back 2 hours later and the room was still untouched. I then called Holiday Inn's main office at 1-800-HOLIDAY and spoke with Holiday Inn Guest Relations. The women I spoke to said she would contant the motel and get back to me. 10 minutes later Guest Relations called back and said the motel could do nothing because the motel was booked and Amanda was the only person on duty and could not leave the front desk. You would think when a motel was this busy there would be several persons on duty. I asked the front desk to have the motel manager call me as well as the head of housekeeping. 4 days passed and no return call. I also asked Holiday Inn Guest Relations to have a district manager call me back. Again, no callback. On the 4th night, my telephone rings in my room and awakes me. It was late at night, between 11 and midnight. A woman at the front desk calls me to inform me that there is a problem with my credit card. When I asked her why she waiting until almost midnight to call, she said they had been calling all day long. I asked her why they did not illuminate my message waiting lamp, as I had been in and out all day long and would have immediately stopped by the front desk. She had no answer. I was very tired and told her not to call back, that I would stop by the front desk first thing in the morning. I also told her that it was very rude to call so late. I forgot to get her name as I was half asleep. 7 AM I drop by the front desk and speak with Jessica. I inform Jessica that I am stopping by to fix "so called" problem they are having with my credit card. Jessica looks for notes on the desk, she consults a diary on the front desk, even goes through the trash to see if there are any notes. Then she looks on the computer and says, you are paid-in-full. I don't see a problem. Again, I ask Jessica to speak with a manager and she takes down my name and number, yet nobody has the courtesy to call me back. This place is totally unprofessional. They are supposed to have complimentary cookies in the evening. For 11 days they had none because the oven was broke. Half the time the you have to wait for certain breakfast items because they are out, most frequently the bacon. The rooms are not as clean as they could be. The tub/shower has mold growing around the grout. They finally cleaned mine after complaining about it twice. You can tell the rooms are not vacumed every day or at least not very well when you see lint lying there that was there in the morning before you left. I've stayed at worse motels, but at least their price was better. This motel is not cheap. Their cheapest room is around $129 a night. This place is just completely unprofessional.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank RB0922
Reviewed 2 March 2007

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in mid-January 2007, for just one night for a family wedding. The reception for the wedding was in the banquet room of this hotel, and a block of rooms and suites had been booked for family. There was a slight delay at registration - the clerk didn't seem to be familiar with the computer - but that didn't take long. Our suite was very nice, very clean. The overall appearance of the hotel was nice - obviously the property is well cared for. There are no food or beverage facilities in the hotel, which to me is a problem. There are several restaurants close by, including a 24 hour restaurant, but we wouldn't drive after drinking at a reception. The food and alcohol for the reception were from an outside caterer. There were vending machines for sodas and chips. In the morning there was a continental breakfast, warm cinnamon buns, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee. It's served in a small breakfast area - we didn't stay - we went out for a bigger breakfast. We got a rate of $89 plus tax. I don't think the hotel is very busy on a nightly basis, but there are several local colleges, and I'm sure when there are sporting events, or when the banquet facility is being used, they are busy. I would definitely recommend this and would stay again there myself if the occasion arose.

Stayed: January 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
Days Inn Easton
Days Inn Easton
#7 of 7 in Easton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bethlehem

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton? Share your experiences!