We were seeking a hotel that was close to Lafayette College and would provide a comfortable resting place for us after helping our son to move in to his college dorm. Aren't we fortunate that on the very first try we found the base that we plan to use for visiting for his entire college career!!
The Hotel is just a stone's throw from the college, down a side street and located at the end of a cul de sac. It is brand new, is set away from noisy activity and has ample parking. Upon arrival at the desk, one is encouraged to help oneself from a display of granola bars or cookies, and from a huge, attractive display of fresh fruit .
The front desk staff were pleasant, helpful and accommodating. Our check-in was effortless. As Priority Club members, we received a complimentary welcome bag of bottled water and snacks.
The hallways of this hotel were quite a bit wider than at most Holiday Inns, giving everything a more elegant, spacious feeling. The hallways were pleasantly scented, and this appeared to be as a result of a sort of automatic system that is mounted on the walls.
Our room was large, well appointed, brand new and clean. Flat screen television, microwave and refrigerator were in the room. The free in-room wireless internet was also able to accommodate an ethernet connection, which is essential with our daughter's laptop.
Breakfast was very pleasantly laid out in the large breakfast room, which had multiple flat screen televisions showing news programs. The breakfast was standard HI Express fare with the addition of creamed chipped beef (?) which I have never seen at a Holiday Inn (or anywhere else) before. Other hot selections included scrambled eggs, bacon and cinnamon rolls. There was something for everyone at this breakfast (granola bars, yogurt, bagels, toast, danish, muffins, coffee, tea, juice, milk), including, of course, the extensive fruit display in the lobby!
If not going into downtown Easton, there are an Olive Garden and a 24-hour diner quite close to this hotel. This hotel also has a huge banquet /meeting facility, "The Eastonian,", so make reservations early if you are needing to be here for a specific date as there's no telling what else may be in town.
We have already made our reservation for Lafayette Parents' weekend. Well done and thanks, HI Express Easton!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express in Easton, Pennsylvania. This conveniently located and friendly hotel is located just off of Route 22, just minutes from many Lehigh Valley attractions, shopping, golf, skiing and more. Visiting the Crayola Factory? The Holiday Inn Express is located minutes from the Crayola Factory and also sells discount tickets to its registered guests. Visiting a customer or other local business? The Holiday Inn Express is located minutes from Easton Hospital, Maier's Bakery, Specialty Minerals, Martin Guitar Co., Victaulic, Follett Corp, and many other area businesses. The hotel offers business services such as fax and copy service, and free high speed internet! Visiting for leisure or other attractions? The Holiday Inn Express is also a short drive to The National Canal Museum, Cabela's (Outdoor Merchandise), Lafayette University, The State Theatre, Blue Mountain Ski Area, & the PA International Raceway. We look forward to your stay with us and would like to welcome you to Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Easton, Pennsylvania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Easton
- Holiday Inn Easton
- Easton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Easton