“Slightly above average Hampton Inn”
Review of Hampton Inn Easton

Hampton Inn Easton
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Easton
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Stayed here for business awhile back. The hotel was very quiet for a Hampton Inn, I have encountered noise issues in others. The hotel was decorated nicely, it did seem modernized. Had a very cozy feel to it. I only travel and review while on business, I couldn't tell you much about the area, but there was plenty of stores and food around for your needs. The staff was a bit casual, slightly unprofessional. They lacked the drive I've seen at other Hamptons. Otherwise, no issues here. The breakfast was hot and full stocked as always, coffee seemed fresh, and the room was very clean. I was able to get a lot of work done in my room and throughout the hotel in the lobby. The room was very fairly priced compared to other Hilton properties.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 June 2011

We were attending a graduation in the area and wanted to get a hotel close by. We considered Allentown but wanted something closer as the traffic on Route 22 during rush hour is horrible. There were other hotels in the Easton area but some had horrible ratings and honestly we didn’t feel safe staying in one of them. As I have stayed in many Hampton Inns, this was a good choice. Very new and very clean, great room, well appointed with fridge, microwave. My only complaint was an old fashion TV and lousy channel selection, that’s it!

Very friendly staff and free breakfast of course.

Location as I said was good. Across the street and down the block were 2 very new large malls. Almost everything you want. Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Target, Kohl’s, wine store.
Some fast food, pizza Chinese, and an Applebee’s. The only thing lacking was an abundance of sit down restaurants. However there is also an Olive Garden and a Carabbas not too far away.

Folks this was like an oasis in the middle of the country. Corn fields out back, country roads etc.

All in all a nice newer, clean quiet and well located hotel. Can’t go wrong with one of the Hilton hotels, always can rely on nice properties.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I booked a reservation here planning to stay for 3 weeks while doing work in nearby Phillipsburg, NJ. The location is very nice, close to many shopping plazas and convenient access to Route 33.

Maybe things have changed, but I was not very satisfied with the staff. It was a rainy week and 3 days in a row I came back to the hotel after work, pouring down rain, only to find out that my key would not open the door. I walked around the building, entered the lobby doors and approached the front desk soaking wet.

Each time I was told the key was only SET for 24 hours and they would RE-SET the key. Apparently none of the staff were competent enough to set the key for the entire 3 weeks I was there. I was never offered an apology. The front desk staff could see I was soaking wet, and I even made it a point to say I had to walk all the way around the building. The response: they handed the key back and said there it should work now.

No apology. Well the next day I simply checked out early and explained to the clerk why I was leaving. The response... Oh-srry-bout-that. I purposely slurred the words because that is how she said apologized. Slurred words and a mumble. I went directly to the Hampton Inn in Clifton, NJ. Not only did they give me an very early check in when I explained what had happened, they even cut my rate a little more than half because of the length of my stay. Both places were about $129 a night. Clifton gave me a $60 rate when I told them I would be staying for about 3 weeks.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank RB0922
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback! It is only through our loyal guest’s response, such as yourself, that we can improve upon our product and service.
I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you encountered while staying at our property, directly regarding your de-magnetized key. I can assure you that I will be reviewing these policies and procedures with the staff to ensure they do not occur to another guest in the future. Also, the staff is typically genuine and quick to respond to any guest needs or concerns, so I am eager to make sure this is addressed as well.
We are proud of our accomplishments here at the Hampton Inn Easton, but also strive to learn from our mistakes. I thank you for giving us the opportunity to learn from your situation. If you should be traveling through the Easton, PA area again, we would welcome the opportunity to make things right and show you how we really thrive in the hospitality industry!

Reviewed 13 June 2011

We ALWAYS stay here when in Easton or Bethlehem area. Newer and clean, pretty well located, large spacious rooms - plus all the wonderful free Hampton benefits. If you get upgraded to the whirlpool suites, head over to Wegmans or Target and grab some bath salts or suds and some champagne at the state store - whirlpools are in-room and can watch TV while relaxing with significant others.

Room Tip: Join HiltonHonors... same rub as all hotel chains!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2011

We stayed here as part of a tour of colleges for our teenager. Everything was perfect. The hotel was clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was great and included a hot item (omelettes I think). The wi-fi worked flawlessly. The hotel is conveniently located next to several restaurants and a Wegman's.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MisterMVA
Reviewed 30 March 2011

this is my 3rd or fourth time in the valley and i couldnt be any happier. I would recommend this property to anyone who wants friendly staff,good breakfast,and great night sleep. Location wasnt the best but my company was in charge of the booking.Great hotel would suggest to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2011

We traveled to Easton PA for an event with my son and we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Easton. The hotel was clean, friendly, and the rooms were very comfortable. I had a drink in the lounge with a staff of friendly bartenders. The hotel staff was accommodating and all came with a complimentary breakfast. Location was perfect, near highways and plenty of amenities. Enjoyed the the make your own waffle in the breakfast area and free Wifi.

Great deal, incredible value. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2011

 We are delighted to know you had a wonderful time here and hope to see you again when travel plans permit here at the Hampton Inn Easton.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton
Quality Inn
#6 of 7 in Easton
Courtyard Bethlehem Lehigh Valley/I-78
TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton

Been to Hampton Inn Easton? Share your experiences!