“Staff coped well in an emergency”
Review of Hampton Inn Easton

Hampton Inn Easton
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Easton
Waterloo, Ontario
“Staff coped well in an emergency”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

The Easton location seems to be a typical Hampton Inn, five storeys tall, half a mile from US-33 and down the street from a Walmart. Nothing exceptional here. But while I was staying there on July 22, 2011, in the middle of the great eastern heat wave, a transformer on a pole near the hotel exploded, knocking out much of the Hampton's power supply. The three staff members on duty did a wonderful job of reporting the problem, reassuring guests, checking safety hazards, identifying which rooms had working air conditioning and/or lights, moving people from stifling hot rooms into cooler ones, processing guests who decided to press on to other locations rather than staying for the night, handing out bottles of water, and smiling all the time. It can't have been easy for them, since the computer system was among the things that lost power, the workload was far higher than a typical night shift would bring, and by mid-evening they were sweating themselves as the lobby got hotter. I was really impressed with their attitude and their service.

On an unrelated note, there is a diner across the road from the Hampton, called "248" after the route number, where the food is much, much better than you'd think by looking at the building. I had a herbed salmon dinner that was just scrumptious. (It does not seem to be humanly possible to walk from the Hampton to the diner -- I had to drive, although the straight line distance is only a couple of hundred feet.)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank halifaxborn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Stayed here for business awhile back. The hotel was very quiet for a Hampton Inn, I have encountered noise issues in others. The hotel was decorated nicely, it did seem modernized. Had a very cozy feel to it. I only travel and review while on business, I couldn't tell you much about the area, but there was plenty of stores and food around for your needs. The staff was a bit casual, slightly unprofessional. They lacked the drive I've seen at other Hamptons. Otherwise, no issues here. The breakfast was hot and full stocked as always, coffee seemed fresh, and the room was very clean. I was able to get a lot of work done in my room and throughout the hotel in the lobby. The room was very fairly priced compared to other Hilton properties.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2011

We were attending a graduation in the area and wanted to get a hotel close by. We considered Allentown but wanted something closer as the traffic on Route 22 during rush hour is horrible. There were other hotels in the Easton area but some had horrible ratings and honestly we didn’t feel safe staying in one of them. As I have stayed in many Hampton Inns, this was a good choice. Very new and very clean, great room, well appointed with fridge, microwave. My only complaint was an old fashion TV and lousy channel selection, that’s it!

Very friendly staff and free breakfast of course.

Location as I said was good. Across the street and down the block were 2 very new large malls. Almost everything you want. Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Target, Kohl’s, wine store.
Some fast food, pizza Chinese, and an Applebee’s. The only thing lacking was an abundance of sit down restaurants. However there is also an Olive Garden and a Carabbas not too far away.

Folks this was like an oasis in the middle of the country. Corn fields out back, country roads etc.

All in all a nice newer, clean quiet and well located hotel. Can’t go wrong with one of the Hilton hotels, always can rely on nice properties.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Beaver Falls, PA
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I booked a reservation here planning to stay for 3 weeks while doing work in nearby Phillipsburg, NJ. The location is very nice, close to many shopping plazas and convenient access to Route 33.

Maybe things have changed, but I was not very satisfied with the staff. It was a rainy week and 3 days in a row I came back to the hotel after work, pouring down rain, only to find out that my key would not open the door. I walked around the building, entered the lobby doors and approached the front desk soaking wet.

Each time I was told the key was only SET for 24 hours and they would RE-SET the key. Apparently none of the staff were competent enough to set the key for the entire 3 weeks I was there. I was never offered an apology. The front desk staff could see I was soaking wet, and I even made it a point to say I had to walk all the way around the building. The response: they handed the key back and said there it should work now.

No apology. Well the next day I simply checked out early and explained to the clerk why I was leaving. The response... Oh-srry-bout-that. I purposely slurred the words because that is how she said apologized. Slurred words and a mumble. I went directly to the Hampton Inn in Clifton, NJ. Not only did they give me an very early check in when I explained what had happened, they even cut my rate a little more than half because of the length of my stay. Both places were about $129 a night. Clifton gave me a $60 rate when I told them I would be staying for about 3 weeks.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank RB0922
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
Hello,
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback! It is only through our loyal guest’s response, such as yourself, that we can improve upon our product and service.
I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you encountered while staying at our property, directly regarding your de-magnetized key. I can assure you that I will be reviewing these policies and procedures with the staff to ensure they do not occur to another guest in the future. Also, the staff is typically genuine and quick to respond to any guest needs or concerns, so I am eager to make sure this is addressed as well.
We are proud of our accomplishments here at the Hampton Inn Easton, but also strive to learn from our mistakes. I thank you for giving us the opportunity to learn from your situation. If you should be traveling through the Easton, PA area again, we would welcome the opportunity to make things right and show you how we really thrive in the hospitality industry!
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We ALWAYS stay here when in Easton or Bethlehem area. Newer and clean, pretty well located, large spacious rooms - plus all the wonderful free Hampton benefits. If you get upgraded to the whirlpool suites, head over to Wegmans or Target and grab some bath salts or suds and some champagne at the state store - whirlpools are in-room and can watch TV while relaxing with significant others.

Room Tip: Join HiltonHonors... same rub as all hotel chains!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Vienna, VA
Reviewed 24 April 2011

We stayed here as part of a tour of colleges for our teenager. Everything was perfect. The hotel was clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was great and included a hot item (omelettes I think). The wi-fi worked flawlessly. The hotel is conveniently located next to several restaurants and a Wegman's.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MisterMVA
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 30 March 2011

this is my 3rd or fourth time in the valley and i couldnt be any happier. I would recommend this property to anyone who wants friendly staff,good breakfast,and great night sleep. Location wasnt the best but my company was in charge of the booking.Great hotel would suggest to anyone.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 7 in Easton
TownePlace Suites Bethlehem Easton

Been to Hampton Inn Easton? Share your experiences!