“Pleasant surprise”

Maxim's 22
Ranked #24 of 276 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: French, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

A lovely restaurant, very nice servers, and good food. Did not expect this kind of restaurant at all. They even had a children's menu. Fun cocktails, good beet salad, and good steaks and chicken. Definitely would return.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank S B

Nazareth
“Third time was not a charm”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been to Maxim 22 a handful of times over the past few years, but this was only my 3rd time eating there. Until tonight I had no real opinion of the food. It was never terrible nor amazing, so being that I have heard good things about it from friends I decided to try it again.

My boyfriend and I ordered salads. I ordered one that remind me of a caesar salad which was a little soggy in my opinion. He ordered a red beet salad which was actually pretty good. Then we both ordered burgers and both ordered them medium well. Mine came out burnt and crispy and his was delivered rare and bloody. The fries were overcooked as well, but they did offer an array of aioli spreads to dip the fries in.

We went on a Tuesday night around 8pm and the place was not busy at all. The service was very slow and normally I don't mind as much. I blame the poor food quality on the cook for this one. The server was nice and it was not her fault at all. In a professional manner the manager came over to us and agreed to take the food off of the bill and offered to get us something else. We decided against it, but they did give us some dessert to take home which I though was a very nice gesture.

Although we didn't order any drinks during our visit, the drinks we have had in the past were delicious. We will be back for drinks, but we will pass on the food.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Melissa A
“Saturday Evening Dinner before a show”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

First visit here and presently surprised. Went for drinks and dinner before a show at the State Theater. Location is great and parking was convenient. Dinner was pricy but tasty. Bar staff and wait staff were among the friendly in the restaurant business. Its been a long time since I was at a place where everyone who worked there smiled and said hello. Well done. I will return.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank jrsygrl172
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I went there with friends for my birthday. We decided to forgo entrees & just get a bunch of appetizers, all of which were delicious. Our server was attentive & courteous. I would definitely go back.

Visited May 2014
Washington, New Jersey, United States
“Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My husband reserved a table for us for brunch on Mothers Day. I didn't know it was a "French" restaurant until I read the reviews. One of the things I liked the most about Maxims is that the tables, at least where we were sitting, were not all crammed together. The atmosphere is very nice and staff are pleasant. I had the Crab meat, Asparagus and Gruyere cheese omelet- it was okay....I would choose a different menu item if I were to go again. Seemed like it was missing that special something. My son ordered the eggs Benedict-he seemed to enjoy it. His girlfriend has a dietary restriction so she ordered a Caesar salad. My husband, the meat and potatoes type had a portobello mushroom and cheese burger with fries. I tasted it, it was deliciously juicy. His fries looked better than the fancy potatoes I got with my breakfast as well. One thing I did not like is that a 20% tip was added on to our bill. My husband and I both come from a service background so we automatically tip 20% and it usually ends up being a bit more because we always round up. We were a party of 4 , not 6 or 8 or more. I just think that is tres' tacky...