“Consistently good, satisfying and comfortable.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Maxim's 22

Maxim's 22
Ranked #24 of 276 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: French, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Riegelsville, Pennsylvania
“Consistently good, satisfying and comfortable.”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Having done drinks and appetizers at the bar, dinner on weekends and midweek, lunch and brunch on a Saturday and Sunday, I find Maxims to be very consistent in terms of quality, service and atmosphere. Love the bar... it's expansive in both size and offerings. One of the more imaginative wine and beer lists in the LV, with the former in particular reasonably priced with offerings from both New and Old World. I appreciate the "pour" options on many of the wines: by the glass, the carafe or bottle. The appetizer list ranges from seafood to red meat to poultry and all good. The brunch offering of Eggs Benedict I find as good I've had anywhere: eggs cooked exactly as I like them and the salmon version was both substantial and excellent quality. The Steak Frites is my wife's go-to entree... very tasty and tender meat, lovely fries and at $22-ish very good value.Like any place, once you get to be a regular, the service is generally good... but we were newbies at first (obviously), and the service was both warm and welcoming from the start, which is one reason we became regulars. Maxims is a very comfortable place to be and reasonably priced within its category.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank gone_past_peckish

Fairfield, Connecticut
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A lovely restaurant, very nice servers, and good food. Did not expect this kind of restaurant at all. They even had a children's menu. Fun cocktails, good beet salad, and good steaks and chicken. Definitely would return.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank S B
Nazareth
“Third time was not a charm”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have been to Maxim 22 a handful of times over the past few years, but this was only my 3rd time eating there. Until tonight I had no real opinion of the food. It was never terrible nor amazing, so being that I have heard good things about it from friends I decided to try it again.

My boyfriend and I ordered salads. I ordered one that remind me of a caesar salad which was a little soggy in my opinion. He ordered a red beet salad which was actually pretty good. Then we both ordered burgers and both ordered them medium well. Mine came out burnt and crispy and his was delivered rare and bloody. The fries were overcooked as well, but they did offer an array of aioli spreads to dip the fries in.

We went on a Tuesday night around 8pm and the place was not busy at all. The service was very slow and normally I don't mind as much. I blame the poor food quality on the cook for this one. The server was nice and it was not her fault at all. In a professional manner the manager came over to us and agreed to take the food off of the bill and offered to get us something else. We decided against it, but they did give us some dessert to take home which I though was a very nice gesture.

Although we didn't order any drinks during our visit, the drinks we have had in the past were delicious. We will be back for drinks, but we will pass on the food.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Melissa A
“Saturday Evening Dinner before a show”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

First visit here and presently surprised. Went for drinks and dinner before a show at the State Theater. Location is great and parking was convenient. Dinner was pricy but tasty. Bar staff and wait staff were among the friendly in the restaurant business. Its been a long time since I was at a place where everyone who worked there smiled and said hello. Well done. I will return.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank jrsygrl172
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“Great food”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I went there with friends for my birthday. We decided to forgo entrees & just get a bunch of appetizers, all of which were delicious. Our server was attentive & courteous. I would definitely go back.

Visited May 2014