“Kiwanis”

Williams Family Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 290 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Our Kiwanis Club has been meeting at Williams Restaurant for years. They give us a nice buffet and we have a great time.

1  Thank Hans H

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This is a place we usually stop at for breakfast but decided to stop for dinner during the week. What a nice surprise! The menu stated that the crab patties were homemade and they were! There was some filler but the crab was visible and it was really moist. I just had a very dried out crab patty at Shady Maple and I was in the mood for a good one. Was not disappointed. My dining partner had stuffed flounder which seemed to be filled with the same as the crab patty but that was not a bad thing. The flounder was not dried out, either. Salad bar is a tad paltry but most regular entrees had soup AND salad bar which kind of made up for it. The dinner rolls were excellent and I would have asked for more if I had room. I took one of the crab patties home the way it was! Good waitstaff, too. BTW, they do have good breakfast!

1  Thank 1976RN
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We usually eat at Williams once a week and very seldom are we disappointed. No, it's not a fancy restaurant...it's a family restaurant/diner. They have a lot of old fashioned meals and the portions are very large. Their long list of specials offered each day usually includes a cup of soup and their salad bar. I have had hot meals, hot and cold sandwiches, breakfasts (available all day) and dessert. Sure, there is always going to be a meal you might not be crazy about, but I've had that in restaurants where I paid $18 for a meal. I might be slightly off, but I think the highest meal on the menu at Williams is $14.95 for steak. There is no reason two people can't get a nice hot meal for under $20. You can also bring your own wine, and there is always a 10% off coupon in our local paper on Fridays. They also have a large room which you can rent for private events - they have a hot or cold buffet you can choose from.

1  Thank LooneyIAm
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Every time I visit Williams I get the feeling of it being a place that the locals love to eat. It's warm and cozy and there is a family element there. You see all ages...families, couples, seniors. Definitely highly rated!

1  Thank sallyannio
Reviewed 17 November 2012

On an October [2012] Sunday afternoon I was passing through Easton, PA, looking for a none-fast food eatery. I stopped at Williams Family restaurant, as it looked clean and inviting. I had coffee, an appetizer of cheese sticks, pierogis, chicken tenders, [and possibly another item, which I can not now remember], followed by the daily special- some kind of eggplant dish stuffed with seasoned ground beef and covered with a tomato-based sauce. There may have been a salad and roll. [If I can't remember, that just goes to show how mediocre they were!] When I requested coffee, I noticed that there were no sweetners/sugar on the table. Every time I wanted a coffee refill, I would have to request sweetners and creamers. I was given 2 of each. When I requested extra napkins, I was given 1 napkin. I was pretty annoyed at this 'nickel and dime' cheap skate approach. The cheese sticks and chicken tenders were your average non-descript fried things. The pierogis were tough white pockets. I couldn't eat them. The eggplant dish was recommended by the wait person, who told me that the owner's wife came to the restaurant every time they were on the menu. Admitedly, the taste was so-so; nothing special, just edible. Presentation was something else. The dish looked like someone or something had already eaten it, and then proceeded to expel it from his/her/its mouth. . .I passed on the [limited] dessert selection. My bill for this ghastly gastronomic experience was almost $30. [non-dinner hours; one person; before tip]. When I went to pay at the counter, two men were engaged in a conversation in Greek, and barely looked at me, let alone acknowledge my presence. The man who handled my payment looked almost disgusted that I had had the temerity of interrupting his conversation. I was not asked about my dining experience, nor was I thanked for patronizing their 'fine' establishment. Never again. I'd go to McDonald's -or starve- before I'd 'inconvenience' Williams Family Restaurant with my patronage again.

6  Thank cmk105