“Craft beer must stop”

Bayonne, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Craft beer must stop”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Very nice upgrade to the tasting room. First visited in July and the tasting area was something like an old bar in the corner of the warehouse. Visited in early Dec and the room is completely transformed with a beautiful circular bar. They only offer samples, but they're free. Very nice staff with an excellent variety of beers.

Visited December 2013

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
336 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 188 helpful votes
“Saturday visit”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

If you are a craft beer fan, this is the place to visit if you are in the area. The new visitor center is a nice upgrade with a user friendly bar area. They have lots of merchandise for sale, as well as the opportunity to mix your own case. Lots of samples to try before you purchase.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Tom B
Saylorsburg
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good beer”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Beer is good. I enjoyed all the different free samples and the laidback atmosphere of the brewery. New tasting area and the place was packed.

1 Thank Lindseyrc
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Fun Brewery Tour with Decent Beer and Mediocre Staff”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I am torn between giving Weyerbacher an 'average' review and 'very good' review.

I visited this brewery with my husband and another couple. The tour itself was very nice, knowledgeable, happy to answer questions and provided us with some specific details about Weyerbacher that I did not know. Top notch for the tour.

They have a bar set aside in part of the warehouse for tastings. It is a bit cramped but I believe they were in the process of expanding their facility when we were there. There was enough room for everyone when we were there but it is tight when you have people from more than 1 tour in the tasting area. There are a good number of beers to try. You won't be disappointed in the selection provided.

The big issues that I had was with the staff at the tasting. I was a bit confused about the bartender they had working there. First, they could have used more than 1 person. Second, usually the employees supplying the tasting beers are knowledgeable, passionate and excited to talk about the beer. The women working the day we were there was sullen and easily annoyed. I heard her snap at one person next to us and roll her eyes at another. In addition, we when we finishing up my husband and I ask for 1 more of one of the beers when we were trying to decide what to buy and she said fine but then told us we were going to have to move out of the way because the next tour was ending and they needed room. I thought this was rude but also ridiculous. There was a line at the retail stand right next to us to purchase beer so we were standing around deciding what we would buy and waiting for the line to die down. We weren't lingering unnecessarily and the tasting cups were literally the size of shot-glasses. When you are standing around waiting to purchase a large quantity of beer from a place you don't want to be made to feel stupid and unwanted. That was our only complaint although it soured our whole experience enough for me to rate this place 'average' instead of 'very good' or 'excellent.

Visited October 2012
Hamburg, Pennsylvania, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful brewery”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I gladly drive an hour each way for a visit and a growler fill. Excellent craft beer selection from double IPAs to barrel aged porters. Free samples, and a quick brewery tour can't be beat. If you are passing by, it is definitely worth your time. Note: they are currently planning to expand their tasting room hours to be 6 days a week.

Visited August 2013