“Not sure what all the hype is about????”
Review of Touch of Thai

Touch of Thai
Ranked #128 of 290 Restaurants in Easton
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 2 July 2014

On the recommendation of my son who is a fanatic of asian cuisine, my wife and I tried this place out last week. First, it's very out of the way from center square and not near any of the other restaurants, so prepare to do some walking to get there (which was fine for us). It may not be good if the weather is bad though. We came in, found a table and sat down. The little woman gave us menus which I assume is the owner. No frills place with little decorating of any kind - just some tables with chairs mostly. This is fine also so long as the food makes up for it... Well...my wife ordered some appetizer rolls which were deep fried and unfortunately very greasy and overcooked. The sauce they came with was very good - a somewhat spicy sweet chili sauce. Also, I forgot to mention that other people came in after us and were served water immediately - something the little woman did not offer us (I had to coax her over to our table and ask for it). I ordered the whole red snapper, wife had the Pad Thai with shrimp. The Pad Thai was OK - in my opinion the noodles were a little undercooked. The snapper came out and was beautifully garnished with a nice spicy sauce and fresh herbs/tomatoes/peppers. Unfortunately the fish was overcooked (I suppose deep friend in a wok?) and much of it was too chewy. The sauce and fresh herbs were good with the side of rice to soak it up. The price was decent but for the quality and the general lack of friendliness, I don't think I would go out of my way to eat at this place.

1  Thank teoma1970

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It's the boss of Thai food. At least in Easton. Really it's good Thai food made by authentic Thai people. And it's BYOB.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We came upon this place quite by accident, taking a poorly marked (and unnecessary) detour. From the outside it doesn't look like much, but Thai food is among our favorites and it was already late for lunch, so we decided to take a chance. Inside, the atmosphere of this small restaurant was very pleasant with unusually nice decorations. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. This wasn't the best Thai food we've had at some thirty or more Thai restaurants, but it was pretty close, and the seasoning (hot for me, medium for my fiancee) was just right. We'd definitely seek this place out if passing through again.

1  Thank brian_va
Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

Absolutely love Touch of Thai. The atmosphere is very unique and don't get many places you go. The menu has so many choices, all at a great price. The sum tum salad with shredded papaya is to die for. So light and refreshing. My absolute favorite is the pad Thai with tofu. We have never been disappointed. Best Thai tea I've had. The service can be really slow but that's the only slight negative. It's a nice place to be so were never in a rush. The owners are so sweet and make you feel welcome. Truely a hidden gem.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Really good (and seemingly authentic) Thai food. As I understand it, the owners are a WWII veteran and his Thai wife, who is the chef. The restaurant is on the first floor of a home and you pretty much feel like you've been invited over for a family dinner. The menu is pretty extensive and the service friendly. It's BYOB, and the prices are very reasonable also.

Been to Touch of Thai? Share your experiences!