“Great meal”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S Sitgreaves Street
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Ocean after buying a Groupon. The food was fantastic. I had the baked brie "small plate" and the filet mignon main course and both were delicious. We shared a creme brulee for dessert to top it off! The atmosphere was lounge-style and very nice, and the service was great. I would recommend reservations as we saw a few people having to wait.

There are newer reviews for Ocean

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Someone commented awhile back that Ocean doesn't have much seafood for a restaurant called Ocean. Well, last night I had some of the most delicious oysters that I have ever had. And my wife had some wild Alaskan cod that was spectacular. The "hot wings" which are really dumplings are to die for. And the corn mascarpone ravioli just blows my head off. Friends with us had the meatball small plate with the blue cheese fondue, crostini, and balsamic drizzle. One person had the scallops which are always wonderful. And, as always the service and the bar staff are excellent! Easton, PA has become a foodie town and Ocean tops them all.

1  Thank jfarmeribm
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My wife and I got some last minute tickets to a show at the State Theatre, along with came a recommendation to eat at Ocean, we decided to check it out. Location-wise, it's very convenient and only about a 6 minute walk from the theatre. We had no troubles parking.

We were immediately greeted upon arrival and seated right away. Service was friendly and prompt throughout the evening.

We split a pork belly appetizer, served with a pineapple salsa and a jalapeno biscuit. I had never had pork belly before and really wanted to try it. It is a very tender piece of pork, very tasty, but with a bit of fat.

My wife got the homemade ravioli with marscarpone cheese. She loved it. I got the scallops with sweet corn and bacon risotto. It was the risotto that I wanted to try and it was fantastic. Scallops were great too, but the risotto is what made the dinner.

We skipped dessert because we were full from dinner, but they had some outstanding choices - creme brûlée, cheese cake spring rolls to name a few.

I think that the restaurant name is a bit of a misnomer - they have seafood dishes on the menu, but I wouldn't really call it a seafood restaurant.

Everything seems to be fresh and homemade.

No complaints, we'd go back again.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My friend and I took our friend her for her 21st birthday. I saw a groupon for the restaurant, and looked into it. It looked so beautiful inside and the food sounded great. We ordered truffle fries and fried calamari as our small plates. They were amazing. I don't like calamari, and I actually loved these. For our main courses, the birthday girl ordered the filet with truffle mashed potatoes, my other friend ordered a chicken with polenta, and I ordered scallops with a corn/bacon risotto. OMG..we were literally speechless. The food was literally the best food I've had in this state. I loved the dim lighting. It felt very cozy and calm. It was perfect for us friends, and would be even more perfect for couples too. This is a keeper. I will absolutely be returning.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

My husband and I went for dinner and had a fantastic meal. Our meal started with freshly baked mini rolls, so yummy. I had the baked appetizer that just melted in your mouth, so rich and creamy and my husband had the shrimp appetizer that came in a small cast iron crock. He said that would have made a great meal itself. My main course was the house made sweet corn and mascarpone ravioli. It was unbelievably tasty. The ravioli a were light and not too sweet. My husband had the scallops that were just flown in fresh. They were caramelized and served over a creamy risotto. We can't wait to go back. Fabulous meal, the executive chef, Ryan Kor is fabulous!! You must try it.

Been to Ocean? Share your experiences!