“Great Choice Before the Theatre” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ocean
Ranked #4 of 274 Restaurants in Easton
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S Sitgreaves Street
Macungie, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Choice Before the Theatre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

Been here twice. The first time was seared tuna with soba noodles. The tuna was seared just right but the noodles were the surprise standout of the dish. The sauce was perfect and balanced well with the tuna. The second time we did small plates. The baked potato soup was a special and rich and buttery and fantastic. The meatballs were lean and tasty. The baked brie was mild and pared with the sauce. Chicken wings were diced chicken in puff pastry--a great dress up for the "wings." Everything was done right. I am in Easton a lot with State Theatre and this is a favorite pre-theatre restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ken P

Ottsville, PA
“I liked it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

My wife & went to Ocean because Groupon offered a $50 coupon for $25 at this place. I was a bit out of the way (@40 min drive).
We were happy we went out of our way.
They have an interesting menu that I could have selected several dishes from. Unfortunately most places I gone to recently there may be one or two that interest me.
For starters I had the Ocean salad. and wife had tuna tartar. I enjoyed the salad. Fresh greens & mild dressing. It was a good slad, but not great. A few pieces of goat cheese or Feta would have pushed it into the great category. My wife's tuna was large portion sitting in a flavorful aoli .
For entrees I had the short ribs & wife had filet with fingerling potatoes being substituted for the mashed. Wise move cause I had the ashed with my ribs & they were lacking in flavor while the fingerlings were done perfectly, even a little crisp from pan frying.
Wife's filet was a large portion and perfectly cooked, tender & flavorful. My ribs were done well. They were a bit too fatty for my liking The dish had roasted(?) small whole onions as a veggie with flavorless mashies. Not a combination I would put together. There was also what seemed to taste like balsamic vinegar next to the veggie. I would have preferred a reduction of the braising liquid...
Overall I'd rate my entree as "could have been much better" had they used different veggies other than whole onions & either fingerling potatoes or another starch.
Would we go again? YES.
I'd like to try some other dishes ( sans mashies)...or have the filet dinner my wife had....

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Delish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Go! Best food in the valley. From a burger and fries to braised pork belly, everything is fresh and delicious. Great service!

Stewartsville, New Jersey
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Ocean after buying a Groupon. The food was fantastic. I had the baked brie "small plate" and the filet mignon main course and both were delicious. We shared a creme brulee for dessert to top it off! The atmosphere was lounge-style and very nice, and the service was great. I would recommend reservations as we saw a few people having to wait.

• Visited September 2013
New Jersey
“Seafood Anyone?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Someone commented awhile back that Ocean doesn't have much seafood for a restaurant called Ocean. Well, last night I had some of the most delicious oysters that I have ever had. And my wife had some wild Alaskan cod that was spectacular. The "hot wings" which are really dumplings are to die for. And the corn mascarpone ravioli just blows my head off. Friends with us had the meatball small plate with the blue cheese fondue, crostini, and balsamic drizzle. One person had the scallops which are always wonderful. And, as always the service and the bar staff are excellent! Easton, PA has become a foodie town and Ocean tops them all.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank jfarmeribm

Been to Ocean? Share your experiences!