“Great food, great atmosphere”
Review of Ocean

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S Sitgreaves Street
Atlantic City, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I dine at Ocean a couple times a month and each time, it gets better. The food is always outstanding and the menu is constantly changing. It is also a great place to have a drink and enjoy the bar area.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Peter C

Easton, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A dining atmosphere you must experience”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Loved the relaxing atmosphere. On top of that the food, particularly the calamari and diver scallops, were second to none. The friendly service was the closer of the deal for myself. I recommend this location for everything from quiet date to a family occasion.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank scottydoes17
aberdeen, nj
“Good food ”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Very small, but nice place. Started out at bar because we were early. Owner told us out table was ready at 615. We wanted to wait till 7 (when reservations were made for). Owner came over and said he'd move our drinks for us and took my drink to move us. Didn't understand why until it was packed at 7. Felt very rushed. Out in an hour. Really too bad since food was very, very good. Parking is parking deck 1 street up. 50 cents an hour. No biggie. If you do go, don't go early and sit at bar!

Macungie, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Choice Before the Theatre”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Been here twice. The first time was seared tuna with soba noodles. The tuna was seared just right but the noodles were the surprise standout of the dish. The sauce was perfect and balanced well with the tuna. The second time we did small plates. The baked potato soup was a special and rich and buttery and fantastic. The meatballs were lean and tasty. The baked brie was mild and pared with the sauce. Chicken wings were diced chicken in puff pastry--a great dress up for the "wings." Everything was done right. I am in Easton a lot with State Theatre and this is a favorite pre-theatre restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ken P
Ottsville, PA
“I liked it”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My wife & went to Ocean because Groupon offered a $50 coupon for $25 at this place. I was a bit out of the way (@40 min drive).
We were happy we went out of our way.
They have an interesting menu that I could have selected several dishes from. Unfortunately most places I gone to recently there may be one or two that interest me.
For starters I had the Ocean salad. and wife had tuna tartar. I enjoyed the salad. Fresh greens & mild dressing. It was a good slad, but not great. A few pieces of goat cheese or Feta would have pushed it into the great category. My wife's tuna was large portion sitting in a flavorful aoli .
For entrees I had the short ribs & wife had filet with fingerling potatoes being substituted for the mashed. Wise move cause I had the ashed with my ribs & they were lacking in flavor while the fingerlings were done perfectly, even a little crisp from pan frying.
Wife's filet was a large portion and perfectly cooked, tender & flavorful. My ribs were done well. They were a bit too fatty for my liking The dish had roasted(?) small whole onions as a veggie with flavorless mashies. Not a combination I would put together. There was also what seemed to taste like balsamic vinegar next to the veggie. I would have preferred a reduction of the braising liquid...
Overall I'd rate my entree as "could have been much better" had they used different veggies other than whole onions & either fingerling potatoes or another starch.
Would we go again? YES.
I'd like to try some other dishes ( sans mashies)...or have the filet dinner my wife had....

• Visited October 2013

Been to Ocean? Share your experiences!