“Drinks expensive, food is small portion”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ocean

Ocean
Ranked #4 of 276 Restaurants in Easton
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S Sitgreaves Street
Easton, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Drinks expensive, food is small portion”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Normally I give reviews after going to a place more than once.. But ocean was way more expensive than I antisipated. The food was presented nicely, but a bit uncooked n I don't advice eating anything undercooked.. The portion is very small as well and pricy. On top of it I got a ticket from the city of Easton as I spent longer in the restaurant than planned.. The atmosphere was above average, it was great.. But the drinks and food price didn't make any sense.. So I will not be going there again

1 Thank DJBlazeone

“Fantastic dining experience”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

First of all we confused the time of our reservation 7/12, thinking it was 7:30 not 7. We called to let them know we would be 20 minutes late. When we arrived we were of course apologetic, but one of the owners who greeted us told us apologies not warranted. A good start to a GREAT evening. We split the dijon shrimp appetizer, we both had the Ocean salad(I will get this every time!), I had the crispy salmon and my husband the diver scallops. The risotto with the scallops, simply delish! Portion sizes quite adequate. My husband has a hearty appetite and he was satisfied. Sometimes more upscale dining establishments are skimpy with their portions and he leaves on the hungry side. All desserts sounded decadent. We went with the brownie sundae with coconut ice cream and macadamia nuts. Need I say more? We will be back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank mw1212
Schnecksville, Pennsylvania
“Good but drinks are way overpriced”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Food, service and atmosphere was good, although a bit pricy for what you get. I won't go back becasue the drink prices aren't on the menu and $10 for a bottled beer is simply highway robbery in my opinion. Shame on you Ocean. Also disappointing to have to pay for parking on top of the $100 bill for two.

Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Great Taste, Presentation & Service”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Tried Ocean before attending a performance at the State Theater in Easton. Conveniently located less than 1 block from the public parking garage and a short 5 min walk to the State Theater. My wife and I started with the Tuna Crab Salad Napoleon and the Soup Du Jour (lobster and corn bisque). Both were excellent. I ordered the Snapper Scampi which was served over spaghetti squash with grape tomatoes. Nice portion and very well prepared. My wife had that Pan Seared Halibut with fennel and cous cous. Again another nice portion. She would have liked to take home what she couldn’t finish but we had the performance to attend. For dessert I had the Cheese Cake Spring Rolls. Yes sounded interesting so I had to try some. Cheese cake rolled in a spring-roll wrapper, fried and served with berry and vanilla dipping sauces. Really good. And the service was outstanding. Thanks Devin!

Sparta, New Jersey
“Wonderful Food and Service”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Ocean restaurant is a blend of upscale meets perfection! I went here with customers for dinner and right from the moment we walked in we were greeted and brought to our very comfortable curved booth seating. The food was a bit on the pricey side but all very good! The filet mignon appetizer was amazing and the salmon entree was one of the best I have ever had. The only thing that would make it even better would be next time if they can serve Wild Alaskan salmon. The duck entree was also prepared to perfection. There's a nice selection of wine and our server was very helpful in offering selections. So if you are in the Easton area and looking for a great ambience and awesome food you've got to try this place.

1 Thank SO194

Been to Ocean? Share your experiences!