Quality Inn
US$104
US$94
US$149
US$142
All reviewshot and cold foodlong john silversrecommend this hotelstaff was friendlyone night staycontinental breakfastsignagehighwaycarpetingtruckchannels
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I booked two nights in this Comfort Inn while we were in town for her mother's funeral. After a nine-hour drive, we arrived to discover our room had just been painted and the bathroom sprayed with some kind of fungicide. The smell was so bad that it permeated into the hallway once the door was opened. We spent more than an hour at the desk requesting alternative accommodation. They had nothing else to offer so they phoned around other hotels, none of whom would offer the same rate. The man in the room next to us then showed up saying it was impossible to stay in the room, so he chose a smoking room. Finally, the desk clerk got onto the phone to the manager, who said he had no responsibility for finding us alternative accommodation. As we were about to leave, the man who had chosen the smoking room, came back to the desk clerk and asked for matches so he could light up a cigarette - no doubt believing that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. We then booked into the nearby Hampton Inn, who gave us a better rate than when the Comfort Inn called them. They also gave us a bereavement rate and they couldn't have been more considerate. We will never stay at a Comfort Inn again in our lives, which is a shame for all those other inns around the country which provide a quality service. You might want to call the manager of this one and thank him for ruining it for everybody else! (By the way - Tripadvisor does not allow a zero rating - so giving it one out of five is generous in the extreme, because it worse than terrible.)

Room Tip: How do you provide a negative rating?
Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dafydd R
EastonComfort, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dafydd R we are very sorry about your experience. This is definitely not the way we wish our guests to think or feel about our hotel. Unfortunately the day before your arrival some of our guest’s bathrooms where renovated and some of the rooms still had a strong fresh paint smell.
The renovations to our bathrooms where made with our guests satisfaction in mind. I am disappointed that this was not the case during your recent visit. I am sorry that our staff was unable to find a rate that was compatible with ours. We are truly sorry for all the inconvenience we may have caused you and hope that you are able to forgive our fault and give us a chance to make up for it.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We only stayed one night at this hotel. It is a very difficult hotel to find even with our navigator because it's behind a strip mall and a little tiny sign is at front. You cannot see the hotel at all from the direction from which we came. Checking in was very pleasant but again had to remind the receptionist about our bottles of water since we are members.

Our room was typical of a Comfort Inn. We were on the third floor and there was no noise from the outside, but could hear noises within the hotel. The walls are thin but it was not enough to bother us or disturb our sleep.

As for cleanliness, the room itself and linens were fine, the bathroom in the corners could have been cleaner. I am a stickler for that.

Breakfast was typical again with waffles, eggs, bacon etc.

All in all not a bad stay.

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
EastonComfort, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Thank you for being a Choice Privileges member Terpla. I understand that finding our hotel can be a bit of a treasure hunt and are working one adding better signs. I will make sure to pass down your review to our housekeeping service. Make sure to visit us again.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Like another reviewer who stayed here, I had difficulty finding the hotel. The signage is not good at all and the road around the hotel is confusing. You can tell the hotel is an older building. This hotel is about what you'd expect for a mid-range chain. The continental breakfast was the standard fare, nothing to get excited about, but at least it was free. The appearance of the hotel leaves a little to be desired. I was in a room on the third floor overlooking the top of the roof of the overhang in front of the front doors. As the pictures I post will show, it could look a little better. I also had a comforter on my bed that had a hole in it, from what looks like a cigarette burn. The television was HD, but the picture wasn't. Most of the channels (and there weren't many) had interference in the picture. The bed and pillows were super comfortable and overall it was a good place to sleep. The "fitness center" was a VERY small room with a stationary bike and two treadmills. The vending machine room on the 2nd floor had typical vending machine food that was way overpriced. The room price was a bit steep for the age of the facility. I've stayed in nicer chain hotels for cheaper, but I would stay here again if I had to.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 1Charlie59

Thank you 1Charlie59 for your review. I have read your comment very carefully and made sure to take notes. We welcome all reviews good, bad, and OK. I will go over some of the issues you have raised with our housekeeping staff and our maintenance. We hope that you will stay with us again and see that we have taken your comment as a helpful tool to better our hotel and make your stay a great one, not just an ok one.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

My stays here are always great. I stay 2 days every week and the staff are always very accommodating, especially Gina.The rooms are big and always clean.Its in a nice location near lots of restaurant and stores. I wont stay at any other hotel. I give this hotel a 5 star.There is also always a hot breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013

Keeping our faithful customers happy and coming back to us is the most important part of our job. We can’t thank you enough for taking the time to write your review and hope you keep staying with us. I will make sure Gina knows the wonderful job she is doing.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Assistant manager Nancy Valdiva was very helpful,professional,and courteous in making my stay comfortable and relaxing. Because of her i will be extending my stay and visiting more often. She made sure my rates were affordable and also made sure my room was cleaned proficiently.she kept a smile and made me feel very welcomed at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013

Glad to know our staff was helpful during your long stay with us. We do try our best to make sure all our guests are treated like family while they are here. Thank you for taking the time to write your review and hope to see you soon.