“Expect Trouble If You Stay Here”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Easton
tonawanda, ny
“Expect Trouble If You Stay Here”
Reviewed 24 August 2008

This was a terrible lesson learned. We stayed at the hotel because our child was moving into one of the local colleges. During the night, our car window was smashed and items were stolen from the vehicle. When the police arrived his recommendation was to steer clear of this hotel due to other negative experiences during his nine years of patrolling the area. When I complained, the clerk said there was no way to monitor the parking lot and they could not be held responsible for the parking lot. The entire hotel staff had no idea of good customer service from the lackluster check in clerk down to the rude manager. They all missed the point of making the customer happy and making things right. This stay turned out completely wrong and was hugely disappointing.

• Disliked — customer service lacking
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank vintagejunge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
539esecondst
Reviewed 29 June 2008

This hotel site was chosen and booked because I am a Choice Privileges member and had planned on utilizing my points for a free night's lodging.
I did everything according to the rules (i.e; called Choice Privileges to secure a transaction number for transfer of the required number of points for this night's stay, etc.). I gave this Choice Privileges Confirmation number to the front desk and they approved it. Then when I went to check out several days later, I discovered that they had taken these points from my account AND CHARGED ME FOR THE FREE NIGHT AS WELL! At this point I lodged a formal complaint against the owner of this property via Choice Privileges and was told that Mr. Patel (*the property owner) would contact me directly within 7-10 days in accordance with the contract Comfort Inn has with Choice Privileges and he never called me. The nasty front desk staff (as well as illiterate and unqualified for the jobs they are doing since they couldn't finesse how to give me a night's credit for my points) should have been reprimanded for the argumentative position they took with me when it was clearly THEIR MISTAKE. They stole my points AND charge my credit card! This is FRAUD OF THE HIGHEST DEGREE. I told Choice Privileges that I did not want my points returned but wished a refund on my credit card for this night in question (a comp night would have been nice since we had no power one night from around 7:00 till the following morning due to a circuit breaker). Choice Privileges tells me that the report from Mr. Patel's Comfort Inn is that I wanted my points returned - which WAS NOT what I was asking. In my mind, both this Comfort Inn and Choice Privileges is involved in misrepresentation and fraud. They certainly could give a hoot what customers think since Mr. Patel, the owner of this property, did not have the professionalism or courtesy to contact me in any way - knowing full well about the gross ineptitude of his front desk staff (who can't credit a transaction????) and Choice Privileges for promoting this Comfort Inn as a participant in their Choice Privileges progra.

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank 539esecondst

Travellers are raving about these Easton hotels

North Carolina
Reviewed 25 April 2008

my experience here at the hotel was great. all the staff was very accomadating.i would reccomend this this hotel to any and everyone... thanks for everything

DownEast and Acadia Maine, Maine
Reviewed 8 September 2007

1st off, we booked a non smoking room as I was pregnant at the time, when we arrived they said there was only smoking rooms available and there was a nascar race in the area so there were no hotels available for 3 hours around.
We went to our room, there were water stains on the walls and ceiling, the wall paper border was peeling and hanging off the walls, there was a giant wet spot on the carpet, and a thick yellow smokers film on everything. The blankets on the bed had burn holes as did the drapes. There were also toe nail clippings on the rug. The sheets on the bed were all rumpled like they were not changed just pulled up and tucked in.
When we asked for an extra pillow we were handed one that had stains all over the pillow case that looked like blood.
When we complained to the manager about our room, she said there was nothing she could do about it as the housekeeping staff was gone for the day. She refused to even come look at the room and the condition it was in. We asked for a refund but she also refused that and said we would have to call the comfort inn offices for that. When we called the comfort inn offices they contacted the hotel and the hotel said the room was clean and that it was never dirty....we even had pictures we e-mailed to comfort inn, luckily although we never got a cash refund we got 200 in travel coupons to be used at another comfort inn. We did use those over the course of 2 trips, had great stays at other comfort inns.

We ended up sleeping in our car, not comfortable for a 6 month pregnant woman, but better then sleeping in that dump.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty dirty dirty, Rude staff
  • Stayed May 2006, travelled as a couple
3 Thank superyardie
NJ
Reviewed 21 August 2007

stayed here b/c there are only 2 hotels to choose from in this area.Unfortuantely, I thought this hotel was closer in town to easton/phillipsburgh. THe quality inn is in town and is in the same price range. This hotel is hard to find, it's located in a shopping plaza behind the pizza hut. It's easier to find off of rt 22 and takes about 10 mins (w/lights) to town. this is def. a budget hotel, the front desk is friendly, and informed us that we could lose power b/c of the thunderstorm. (just what I want to hear...generator anyone????) anyway, hold your breath in the elevator, it smells like a wet ashtray. Our non-smoking room smelled like it was a previous smoking room...I could smell it the sheets. (faintly) The shower stall is low, I', m 5 foot and could almost touch the ceiling. If you need a place to just drop your bags because you're in town for event -this can work. 1 big negative is the front desk called at 10 min's after check out...I've stayed in all sorts of hotels, inn's and never once had a call like that, there certainly wasn't a wait with 9 cars in the parking lot.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — doors are not automatic
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DakotaNJ
San Jose, California
Reviewed 1 May 2007

Didn't expect much, but was pleasantly surprised for the most part. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The breakfast was pretty good - cook-you-own waffles, oj, hard-boiled eggs, cereal, coffee. Everything was clean, the beds were comfortable. The only glitch was the elevator which had a few problems; we took the stairs. Ask for a 1st floor room if you want to avoid this, or perhaps the elevator will be fixed. Hotel is difficult to see if you are coming from the west. Take the 25th street exit and look for a little shopping plaza. Hotel is between the plaza and the freeway.

• Liked — Free breakfast
  • Disliked — Broken elevator
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank food_nut
Albany, NY
Reviewed 14 April 2007

Things I liked about this hotel:

- The location was great -- I didn't have any trouble finding it, and it was very easy to get back on the local highway when leaving in the morning.

- The staff was incredibly friendly and nice; particularly the two women who work the graveyard shift. They made check-in a joy.

- Breakfast was well stocked, and they seemed to pay a lot of attention to it. I appreciated that they kept it open until 10:00 a.m.

What disappointed me most about this hotel was that the windows were sealed shut in the rooms, offering no opportunity to get fresh air from the outside. Being able to get fresh air is very important to me, and my assistant carefully screens every hotel to make sure the windows can open. When she made the reservation, unfortunately, the hotel staff misinformed her that the windows did open.

The hotel could have really used fresh air, too-- as it smelled quite a bit inside: a combination of smoke, stale air, and cleaning chemicals. I could still smell this lovely combination on my clothes for several days afterwards.

It's confusing why the Comfort Inn brand is so inconsistent in the quality of their accomodations. I am a business traveler who stays at 70-80 hotels per year, and my top three brands are Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Inn, and Fairfield Inn, followed by Country Inn and Suites, Extended Stay, and a few others along those lines. There are some amazing Comfort Inns out there -- ones that are just incredibly pleasant to stay in. Window issue aside, the general feel of this hotel was more along the lines of the Days Inn it apparently used to be.

With that said, if you don't care about fresh air, and if you're looking for a centrally-located, reasonably priced hotel with friendly staff, then this is probably a good match for you.

Stayed April 2007
4 Thank biztravel1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Days Inn Easton
Grand Eastonian Hotel & Suites
The View Inn & Suites
The View Inn & Suites
#14 of 14 in Bethlehem

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!