“Nice Stay!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ebensburg
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Staff is friendly checking in. Room was clean. Always a nice set up for breakfast and free, so very family friendly. Free coffee and tea all day, so you don't have to run out every time you need coffee. Pool and hot tub as well as exercise room is available.

Room Tip: There is a Wendy's just next door if you get a craving or are hungry. A Pittsburgh Steeler shop...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NJPion
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

Had a room with a king bed for one night. Room split into a "suite" set-up with couch and desk sitting area. Had microwave and mini fridge. Would definitely accommodate longer stays pretty comfortably. Breakfast included in clean breakfast area. Only downside is some pool/chlorine smell in lobby area due to proximity of indoor pool. Definitely good place to stay if you have to be in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank DebbieRNJD
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My boyfriend and I just stayed at the Comfort Inn in Ebensburg. He goes to Saint Francis University so it was a close commute. The hotel was very nice and our room was much larger than expected. We had a king size bed that was separated from another section in the room with a desk and small sofa. The bathroom was the perfect size. The hotel staff were extremely friendly. There is free breakfast in the morning and it was just perfect. There was a good variety of food but not too much. Also, free coffee and tea all day! The only issue we ran into was that they charged my credit card for two nights instead of one and we are still trying to sort that out. Also, there is sadly no room service.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LinaBlink
Reviewed 9 January 2013

This was my first time staying at a Comfort Inn but this one was recommended by a family member so I decided to give it a try. I am not sorry and in fact am glad that I have found another pet friendly hotel that I can now choose from. From the moment of check-in the desk clerk, Edward, couldn't have been more helpful or nicer. Our room was neat and clean and met our expectations in every way. The queen size beds slept great. The bathroom was a nice size but the bathtub was a little smaller than most we have had. I think this is an older hotel but it has either been remodeled or kept up very well. We had a small refrigerator and microwave which helped to keep drinks/water cold. The flat screen TV was nice but there wasn't a lot of channels to choose from but we didn't watch a lot of TV so that wasn't a problem. The ice machine and laundry room where right around the cornor from our room which made it easy also. The elevator in the hotel is one of the faster ones which was another plus. The dining area was very clean and bigger than some hotels I have stayed at. The breakfast menu was like most with muffins, bagels, ceral, waffles, juices, coffee, etc. the lady keeping the dining area stocked was quick to wipe tables as soon as someone left. We were there after a snow storm about a week or two before with temp. in the 20's to 30 which didn't allow the snow and ice to melt. The check-in area was cleared for unloading and loading baggage but the parking lot was still covered with snow to the point you couldn't make out where the parking spots where so people parked in a straight line. I feel the hotel management could have done a better job at making sure the parking lot was cleared better for safety reasons. The heated pool area and gym area was nice and clean, the heated pool was a def. plus for the children on this trip. There is a Wendy's right next door if someone wants a late night snack or meal there. Right behind the hotel are some shopping stores and about a mile down the road is a 24 hour Walmart. The area felt and looked safe. We stayed a total of three nights and did not want our room entered while we were not there. I received a note the night before checking out that it was a policy that the rooms had to be cleaned every two days and asked what would be a good time to clean the next day, well since we were checking out I didn't bother with answering but had I have been staying longer this would have been a problem. I don't mind sleeping on the same sheets for a few days and when away do not want anyone in my room and when I go somewhere to stay at a hotel I am usually not in the room but out and about so this would have been a problem for me. I feel this policy should be changed and if someone wants room service then they can call for it, the "Do not distrub" sign is on the door for a reason. I will be staying here again when visiting relatives and would recommend this hotel to anyone that is going to be in or around the Altoona, Johnstown, Lorreto or surrounding areas.

Room Tip: On the third floor the ice machine is right across the hall from rooms and when you are getting ice...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Luvsweeniedogs
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This is one of the friendliest and best-run properties I have encountered in a long time.
From check-in to check-out, I felt as if I was a guest in someone's home rather than at a hotel.
Rooms and bathrooms are clean and well-maintained.
Choice Privileges members get a little goody bag at check-in that took the edge off a long drive to Ebensburg.
The self-service Coffee Bar is well-stocked and monitored for replacement of items and features tea and hot chocolate.
I only got to have the complimentary breakfast on Sunday morning, but Jodi, who was running the area, made me feel like I was an old friend.
All the staff, including Jessica (who checked me in), Caitlin (who helped me with a TV issue), Keri, and Lynn (who checked me out) were noteworthy for their welcoming attitude and helpfulness.
No question that I will stay there when I return to the Ebensburg area.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BMC_at_MCA
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I've stayed her a few times now and the rooms are always clean. The front desk personnel are pleasant and helpful. They have a nice breakfast bar area with a good selection of foods and the staff is nice there too. Overall, a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Judi D
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I've stayed at this inn many times over the past years. The room are alway clean. The staff friendly and helpful. My most recent stay, November 2012, was an extra treat. The hotel had been remodled and made non-smoking. Everything seemed even cleaner. The breakfast bar was excellent with a large selection of foods.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank RICHARD L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ebensburg
Quality Inn and Suites
#5 of 15 in Altoona
Super 8 Johnstown
Super 8 Johnstown
#7 of 7 in Johnstown

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!