“Historic bed & breakfast”
Review of Noon-Collins Inn

Noon-Collins Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Ebensburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My sister & I stayed at the Noon-Collins Inn while traveling through Pennsylvania on a genealogy research trip. The beautiful inn was clean and decorated with lovely antiques. Jeanette & Lew were wonderful hosts. We enjoyed wonderful breakfasts each morning, and Jeanette shared information about the history and renovation of the inn. Lew was very helpful and enjoyable to talk to. We were made to feel right at home. I would definitely recommend the inn for anyone who is lucky enough to visit the area!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Katmaz7888
There are newer reviews for Noon-Collins Inn

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have stayed at the Noon- Collins Inn at various times in the past couple of years. This time was a special because our son was graduating from a local University. Once again the owners of the Noon Collins went above making us feel at home. We stayed two nights and the breakfast on the first morning was excellent. The second morning we had decided to leave before breakfast and I advised Jeanette that we would be skipping the meal . When we were leaving we had attached to our door a bag which contained juice and homemade blueberry muffins and a bag of candy for our car ride. What more can I say. Hopefully we will be back to visit Ebensburg and will stay at the Inn
Thank you again Lou and Jeanette .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed overnight after riding the local Ghost Town Trail into Ebensburg. It was really easy
to get to. The Ripleys were very accomodating, they have secure indoor storage for our bikes.
The room was comfortable, clean. easy to access. The Breakfast was delicous. You can't get a better experience for the very reasonable rates they charge. We will absolutely stay there again whenever we plan to stay overnight in Ebensburg, Pa.

Room Tip: Check out the website.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have enjoyed staying at the Noon-Collins Inn for several years in my travels from the DC area to NW Pennsylvania, and have stayed in almost every room, but I do have a few favorites! I stay at B&B's when traveling, almost exclusively, at nightly rates from $70 to $350, and I can definitively say that I have never felt more "at home" and welcome than when I arrive at the Noon-Collins. This B&B is almost exactly 1/2 way through my usual R/T Northern VA to North West PA drive, and I always anticipate my arrival at the Noon-Collins! This beautiful stone house is so unique in it's location in the "neat as a pin" town of Ebensburg, PA, which is a thriving town that managed to survive urban sprawl, and where you can stroll a few hundred feet to a very nice Italian restaurant, or, just a little further is a great sandwich/hot dinner eat in or carry out. There are several interesting shops on the main street, a large consignment store, a music store, a jewelry shop and several other places that are fun if you make the time to explore, it is just a really nice “Mayberry” type of town, I just do not know any better way to describe it.. But getting back to the Noon-Collins, there is a wonderful enclosed sun porch upstairs to sit and enjoy a good book, or gaze out the windows and get lost in thought, talk with your fellow travelers, or pull up a footstool & doze off for a little nap. The eclectic decor is just fantastic, unpretentious, fun, "understated elegance" in areas, so reflective of what I think of when talking with the warm hosts, Lew & Jeanette. The rooms are nice, clean, and large but cozy, with beautiful old wood floors, and the beds are oh so inviting! The complimentary Internet is always spot on and fast, the TV has many cable channel choices, AND, the only odors in this wonderful old stone inn are either the rich wood smell of what I believe are heart of pine floors, leather furniture, an abundance of books, (and just that great smell that well- appointed old house have,) or just maybe it’s the delicious smell of breakfast wafting up from the Kitchen! And one last fantastic feature, the room rates, lower than the few generic motels in the area! What more could you ask for? I give the Noon-Collins Inn a solid 9 out of 10 for the price, the comfort, and the warm hosts who are eager to please; so enjoy, you will love it!
T. Cotton
Middleburg, VA

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank peddler35
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We recently stayed at the Noon-Collins Inn when we biked the Ghost Town Trail. What a nice, relaxing way to end our day after a long bike ride. Lew and Jeanette are so accommodating and friendly. The rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable. Our breakfast of fresh fruit and a sausage and egg souffle was absolutely delicious. We definitely would stay there again. Thanks for the lovely weekend!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Noon-Collins Inn over the Labor Day weekend 2013 and found it delightful.Its hosts, Jeannette and Lew, were very accomodating and eager to please. It has the charm and character we had hoped to find in a small town inn, comfortably furnished rooms and a parlor where we visited with other family members who were also staying there. The breakfasts featured a wonderful fresh fruit bowl, homemade blueberry pancakes with sausage, and individual quiches the next morning.. Right next door is Amici's restaurant, no need to get in the car and drive for a fine dinner. We have booked reservations for the same weekend next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The Noon -Collins Inn is a wonderful place to stay if you are in the Ebensburg area. We have stayed numerous times . Lew and Jeanette can not do enough for you while you are with them. The breakfast is excellent and the rooms are warm and cozy. We highly recommend and will continue to stay with them while visiting Saint Francis University.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ebensburg
Quality Inn
Wingate by Wyndham Altoona
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#3 of 7 in Johnstown

Been to Noon-Collins Inn? Share your experiences!