Red Carpet Inn & Suites
US$142
US$138
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Econo Lodge Johnstown(Johnstown)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$81
US$77
US$159
US$154
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 November 2010

We checked in with a group of people late at night and the check in process was quick and the staff was friendly. We had a few minor problems, but once we called to the front desk about the issues the manager Seema took care of them immediately. They also have a restaraunt connected to the motel that serves good food and drinks. We will definately stay here again. I dont know about the other reviews, but they must have done some kind of remodeling because we did not run into any of the issues as stated in the other reviews.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2010

It was my girlfriends parents 30th anniversary, so we made reservations for 10 to have a nice dinner. When we got there they had 1 waitress, who was also the bartender. She took our orders. 2 hours later we still didn't get our meals. We had a 18 month old and a 2 year old with us. They had to eat crackers and chips because they were so hungry. When we finally got our food it was wrong, my daughter didn't even get her meal. The steaks were burnt BLACK the cocktail sauce was literally frozen. My meatballs were red in the meddle, not pink, red.The pizza wasn't done. Everything was wrong. When we got our bill we were charged full price for everything (including my daughters meal which we never recieved). We asked to speak to a manager. The owner came over and said she'd take 10% off. Wow, thanks. The waitress was crying. We just walked out. I will never go back there ever.Worst 3 hours of my life.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank jwargo89
RCIS, Owner at Red Carpet Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2011

Our product are were bought pre-cooked at this time, so I question how the meatballs were pink. We are/were fully staffed during this summer. If the owner had indeed cam over to speak to you they would have been VERY generous and apologetic.

The restaurant now has new managers and is no longer affiliated with hotel. It has been completely re-done and has a new menu and staff.

Reviewed 29 April 2010

This is the worst hotel I've stayed in since my college days when a group of us would all pitch in a few dollars to pay for the cheapest hotel we could find during spring break.

I was surprised there was not an hourly rate listed for the place. It smells moldy from the moment you enter the lobby and the furniture has not been updated since the 1970s. There is no elevator so I had to drag my suitcase up a winding staircase to my second floor room.

The room smelled like the lobby and furniture was just as shabby. The only bright spots were that the front desk worker was friendly and the shower worked well. Frankly, we got stuck here because the Comfort Inn was full.

I would recommend that you skip this place and stay in another town close by if the Comfort Inn is not available. It's a real dump!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank LML10
RCIS, Manager at Red Carpet Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2010

We unfortunately do not have an elevator as stated on our reservation page, the desk clerk will gladly assist anyone with luggage if needed. If requested we would have made sure you had a room on the first floor. We also try to air out our lobby and rooms when the weather permits us to. We also use smoke screen to eliminate odors. As far decor goes everyone has their opinion and if and when we renovate the lobby, the decor will be updated.

Reviewed 28 June 2009

We stayed at the cottage inn june 10-17 on a family vacation, it was a very nice place to stay. I'm a light sleeper and it was quiet enough that I actually slept well (which I never do when we are away). The malls and stores are close by...some are even in walking distance. There are many places a person can go (day/night) that are close by. My oldest daughter is thinking of attending SFU and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank prettyinpinkFlorida

Thank You for your positive review.

Reviewed 5 November 2007

I am a constant visitor to Ebensburg,Pa. Daughter is a student at SFU. We always stay at the Comfort Inn which is perfect. Because of my waiting to book a room for the 11/02-11/04 the Comfort Inn had no rooms available. I know why. We didn't get to the Cottage Inn until after 10PM. First we couldn't find the room and neither could the attendent, not the reservation, THE ROOM. You had to go outside then to the room. The key wouldn't work and they had to give me a master. We wanted to check out immediately but due to the time we arrived, we stayed and left at dawn the next morning. A TV on the floor, light had to be plugged in to use, holes in the wall, no hangers, toilet was disgusting, lights didn't work, blinds were broken, missing or bent. If there was a dump close by it probably would be in better shape and smell better. This place should be closed down by any inspection. NO we didn't eat here nor we we even have a coffee here. We drove to Altoona and spent the rest of the weekend going back and forth. I would not board my dog in the Cottage Inn.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank nepaboater

This particular room was the last available room that night. An employee had just moved out, the lock was new and difficult to use. All of the locks were replaced 2 years ago, we have electronic locks now. The room has since been renovated. Desk clerks are trained to point to the map and show you where your room is. Only 4 rooms have outside doors all the rest of the rooms are located inside. We pass all of our inspections every year.