Carr Edge Farmhouse
US$295
US$210
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Nent Hall Country House Hotel(Alston)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Restaurant
Close House Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslocal pubfresh fruitthe ground floorb bhadrian's wallbreakfast was deliciousenglish countrysidered lionlarge wet roomstayed two nightscomfortable bedselection of cerealswealth of knowledgegreat place to staydrying roomfull english breakfastlovely location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Carr Edge B&B is the best B&B I’ve ever stayed in and is better that a lot of hotels I stayed in. I was in a party of 8 and the welcome by Sandie was fantastic, I felt more like I was visiting a relative than a B&B and that feeling remained during our stay. The rooms were all spotlessly clean and finished to a high standard, the breakfast was fantastic and just like you would expect from a farmhouse kitchen, more than enough to keep you going through the day and high quality produce. The views were beautiful and even though this is a working farm there is a calm and cleanliness outside that you don’t often see in a farm environment. When we were first greeted by Sandie and shown around the facilities I was already trying to work out when I could return for a longer stay and that was before I had even dropped my bag in my room. This is a must for anyone staying in this area – give it a go and you will not be disappointed. I will definitely return as soon as possible.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Beautiful, with stunning views and totally faultless. By far the best B & B I have ever stayed in. A very warm welcome greeted our party of 6 very saddle sore and weary cyclists who were riding Hadrians Way. Sandie is a wonderful host, and a lovely lady. All of the rooms are stunning, presented to a very high standard and so, so comfortable. We were offered a lift to the local pub, and couldn't have been better looked after. Breakfast is fantastic with so much choice, it set us up marvellously for the day ride ahead.
The 1.5mile ride up the hill to the house after a long day riding up hills was well worth the effort, it was a real pity we weren't there for longer than one night. However we will be back to stay again for longer to enjoy the hospitality, and the beautiful countryside, and maybe take Sandie's dog for a walk, as he is also very friendly and likes to go for walks with visitors.
I would recommend Carr Edge farmhouse and it's hosts to anyone looking to stay in that area. I can't praise it highly enough. As well as all this it is also excellent value for money, a rare commodity these days!
The local pub, The Red Lion is excellent, food good and reasonably priced, and good service too.

Room Tip: There are only 3 rooms, all beautiful, spotlessly clean and of a high standard. Family room, twin room & a lovely guest lounge upstairs, double room with walk in shower on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We have been regular visitors to Carr Edge for a number of years and it just gets better and better. On our first visit several years ago Val was not too well and Sandie just couldn't do enough for her. Sandie and Mike are wonderful hosts starting with a friendly welcome with Tea, biscuits and cake.The rooms are spotless with fresh milk provided. The breakfasts are absolutely magnificent with homemade (by Mike) marmalade and Jam. We can't praise Sandy enough - every little request is met with haste - how she keeps going is a wonder. We have visited many Farmhouse B and B's in England and Scotland - most of them good or very good -but none to better Carr Edge.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mike d
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Gorgeous location near Hadrian's Wall. Reasonably priced and yes-- clean, quiet and serene. Will be back.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank LucyN4141
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Best place we have ever stayed. Amazing attention to detail. Really friendly family-run place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple