“WOW!!!”

Langley Castle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Langley-on-Tyne
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Our first (but hopefully not the last) stay at the Castle and what a fantastic venue. On a cold and grey afternoon we were instantly warmed as we entered the reception area. The staff were amazing and so attentive we were made to feel special. Our room (15) in the courtyard was fantastic and although not in the castle - it did not matter the stay still felt great. Our room was warm, big and comfortable. The bathroom and toiletries were great too. We had a very relaxed afternoon in the drawing room to have our champagne cream tea. We ordered sandwiches too which were amazing when they arrived - soooo much food! Our scones were the only thing that were slightly disappointing - they did not seem very fresh and were about chewy - but the rest of the great things out weigh this by far. The castle has an effect of calm and we were quite happy and relaxed just sitting and trying to take the surroundings in. Our evening meal was fantastic and served in a first class manner. The restaurant is an amazing room and felt warm and relaxed. We had a great sleep in the big comfy bed and were ready (unbelievably) for breakfast. I couldn't resist the seahouses kipper which was delicious. It was a shame that we were only stopping one night and we hope to get back to stay again soon. The trip up to the Battlements was good too and should not be missed. This really is a very special place to stay - the castle, the rooms, the food, the staff - nothing can be faulted and it is all first class. Highly recommend a visit and want to go back now!!! Thanks to everyone at the Castle who helps to make us feel special :)

1  Thank Julia264
Anton_Phillips, General Manager at Langley Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Julia - Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to post your review - I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the rest of the team - I believe that we have some wonderful accommodations and the public areas are so atmospheric. However one if the most important components is the staff and team that we have - their consistent willingness to engage with our guests and their passion and commitment, is I vital asset to the Castle - Best regard - Anton

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Once again the Castle surpassed any other hotel I have ever visited; it was incredible. The setting is breathtaking but it is the staff that make it the experience it is. Everyone - the manager and his whole team - could not have been more accommodating - and the quality of food more than matched these very high standards. Touches of individuality - such as chips being served in a miniature frying basket - just made my day and summed up the attention to detail that is the hallmark of this stunning hotel. I look forward to returning and seeing Anton (the manager) again. He has made the hotel something very special; very special indeed.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jim N

Dear Jim - a pleasure (as always) to welcome you back to Langley - as with many things, there are a number of smaller elements that go together and combine to enhance and exceed the expectation of our guests - that extra attention to detail can mean so much and hopefully ensure that each guest can relax and totally enjoy their experience at the Castle - I am looking forward to your next visit - Best regards - Anton

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed 2 nights in the Radcliffe room. Spectacular, with a beautiful window seat and sunken bath. Food and service also great. We had dinner one of our nights which was really good in a nice setting. Highly recommended for a treat.

Room Tip: Go for a room in the castle itself. The Radcliffe Room is brilliant. Note the stairs are steep.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear R & K - thank you so much for your comments - The Radcliffe room is one of five Feature rooms at Langley - each is a totally unique experience - I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that we can welcome you back before too long - Best regards - Anton

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My partner & I stayed in the Tindale Room on the 9th November.
What a great place to stay, room was amazing.
Food in the evening was superb and was excellent value.
Staff were great, nothing was too much trouble.
Breakfast, great choice and cooked to order.
It was nice to climb up to the roof & have an opportunity to look inside the chapel, Cassie was very knowledgeable and gave a nice tour this morning.
Was a great way to spend my second anniversary with my partner, couldn't think of a better place.
Thank you to everyone!!! look forward to a return visit in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear SG - I am glad you enjoyed your anniversary at the Castle - I will let Cassie know of your comments - I am sure that she will be so pleased - Do keep an eye on our web site as there are always special offers available - Best regards - Anton

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Stayed for two nights and had an evening meal on both nights. The castle is warm and comfortable. It has been carefully restored and added to over the years. The tour of the battlements added to our understanding of this unique place. Excellent room and lovely food. The drawing room was spectacular.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kevin - Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay - The Battlement tour is so well appreciated by our guests as this contributes so much to the authenticity of the Castle and is the final experience that a guest will have before leaving the Castle - I will put your review onto the staff notice board and hope that you will be able to return to Langley in the not too distant future - best regards - Anton

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed for two nights - as a surprise for my birthday!! couldn't have wished for more. We stayed in the Percy suite which was stunning. I think it is worth actually staying in the castle to appreciate this wonderful building fully.

Breakfast between 8.00 - 9.30 is just a perfect start to the day. there is plenty of choice and all of it is yummy!!

I was gifted the champagne afternoon tea as part of my presents and thoroughly enjoyed spending a completely indulgent few hours in the stunning lobby area.

Dinner, what more can I say that hadn't already been said!! from the first to the sixth course (yes you did read that correctly!) was amazing. The head chef is a real credit to the hotel and produces some wonderful dishes, it was a privilege to be able to sample this. I would urge all who are in the area to try a dinner at Langley you will not be disappointed!

The staff, service, food, castle and the grounds itself are all superb and I am really hoping that we get to visit again sometime soon!

Room Tip: Percy suite is lovely!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear SuncatcherShell - It is always a pleasure to welcome our guests and friends back to Langley - I will pass your lovely comments regarding the food onto the team and Andy Smith (head Chef) - feed back and comments such as your are so valuable - I do hope it will not be too long before you are able to return to Langley. - Best regards - Anton

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Husbands big birthday so weekend stay for us and Saturday night family get together. Couldn't have been better. Amazing service, great food, lovely room.

Stuck in traffic we arrived gone 9.30 too tired to dress for the restaurant - so they offered us sandwiches or a main course in the bar (we could also have had room service but our daughter wanted to go straight to bed). Huge sandwiches! Sure we could have gone in to the restaurant too but really felt too tired.

After a walk on Saturday it was time for a cream tea - beautiful! Slightly odd when we asked for something different to be asked if we were on a Groupon - we weren't so all was fine.

Make sure you spend time in the bar/lounge its lovely - look out for the window seat - you have to go up steps too it and its lovely, a secret hide away.

Saturday night meal - just couldn't have been better! Service wow! Food amazing. Birthday cake - nicely presented but looked a bit strange - tasted AMAZING!

Okay so the food was brill and I haven't even mentioned the great breakfast.

Our room was huge, beautifully done with a great balcony. And they let us take our dog.
Would recommend for any special occasion.

Battlement tour nice to do.

Room Tip: We were in room 27 in the Lodge - rooms 26 and 27 are most distant from the castle which means they...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear WarwickshireMog - I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay - The 2 CastleView Lodge rooms are that bit further from the Castle but we have recently upgraded each one to have its own private roof terrace/patio with tables/chairs and stunning views up to the Castle - I do hope we will have the pleasure of your company again soon - Best regards - Anton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langley-on-Tyne
Matfen Hall
The George Hotel
The George Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chollerford
The Black Bull Hotel

Been to Langley Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!