“Anniversary treat”

Langley Castle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Langley-on-Tyne
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have just returned today from a Glorious 2 night stay at Langley Castle Hotel. From moment of arrival until we reluctantly left this morning after enjoying our breakfast, the entire experience has been such a pleasure. The Tindale Room within the castle was first class, not forgetting to mention that when my wife (who has an Ironing business) found an ironing board & iron in the room, she was overjoyed, although personally speaking, I do not know what the fuss was about! We dined in the Josephine Restaurant both evenings, and can only say that the food was superb! Overall the staff gave 100% to everything that they did and made us feel totally at home, and most welcome. We look forward to returning, and plan to share our experience with friends & family.

3  Thank ROBERT F
Anton_Phillips, General Manager at Langley Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Robert - I am so pleased that you enjoyed your anniversary celebrations - We have so many couples looking for a special romantic place and I think the Langley is simply one of the more romantic places imaginable - I look forward to welcoming you back to the Castle soon - Best regards - Anton

Write a ReviewReviews (1,182)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Well what can I say about this venue..... we were guests at an amazing wedding here recently and from contacting them about early access to our room to change (after travelling for 2.5 hours) to our checkout the day after, nothing was too much trouble. All staff are super friendly, do anything to please and make your stay pleasant. the food was amazing and our room was room 2 - gloriously historical with fabulous pillows, and even if the Peacocks cant tell the time, I felt very well rested!
I had an amazing time - the grounds are beautiful, the castle spotless. It was very hot in there (and being over 40 couldnt handle the sweats :))

Cant wait to go there again - just to enjoy the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MellyMel - I am so pleased that you enjoyed the wedding and your stay at Langley and that you were able to share your experiences with this review - There is never enough time to see all that the region has to offer - so I do hope that you will be able to return again before too long - Please check the web site, as we always have special offers posted there. - Best regards - Anton

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were privileged to experience Langley Castle on an exclusive basis for a combined 60th,50th and 21st birthday family celebration across a weekend and it was the most incredible and enjoyable experience, which everyone who attended will remember fondly forever. Elaine, Anton and the whole team there made every aspect of the weekend an absolute joy, enjoyed by all, with incredible organisation and attention to detail throughout the planning and the weekend. Over the weekend we had a Ceilidh, a black tie dinner, a Saturday of fun events/games, afternoon tea and a hog roast. The food, service,and accommodation were all first class. Nothing was too much trouble and every single member of staff who worked so hard to make the weekend a success were a credit to the hotel, and it was a pleasure to share our weekend with them.We would thoroughly recommend Langley Castle and its awesome setting, for any stay, and particularly a private party or wedding type event. You wont be disappointed!
John & family

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear John - thank you so much for posting the review of your weekend family celebration and I am so delighted that all the guests enjoyed - Elaine was totally involved in the planning and execution of all aspects of the occasion - with so much going on the coordination and application on the day was essential to the smooth running of the day - I will ensure that this is posted on the staff board - We will look forward to welcoming you back in August - Best regards - Anton

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We decided to have Sunday lunch here a couple of weeks ago and loved the food. The staff are so friendly and welcoming and I would advice people to go eat or stop up there. We actually have our wedding booked at the castle for next year and we can't wait. It's an ideal place to marry and you have fantastic wedding planners to help you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Anton_Phillips, General Manager at Langley Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Bella - Thank you so much for sharing your experiences of Langley Castle - I am truly delighted that you not only enjoyed your Luncheon, but that you also chose Langley as the venue for your wedding - I can assure you that you are in very good hands - I look forward to welcoming you back to Langley and to putting all your plans together and most importantly to a happy and memorable occasion - Best regards - Anton

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I booked to stay in one of the castle view suites in January, as i was attending a wedding there in the April.

The wedding was fantastic, and the room was lovely. It was a great day! When it came to leave I went to pay my closing balance for the room. The receptionist asked for 195 pounds, which is the total price for the room, but I was sure I had paid a deposit of 50 pounds when booking the room in January. I was told that I hadnt "it must not have worked" , he also checked with a more senior member of staff in another room who also said i had not paid. I paid the full 195 pounds and drove away.

I had a niggling feeling that I really had paid the 50 pounds deposit so I pulled over and checked my bank account and emails on my mobile phone. Well, it turns out i had paid the deposit in January and I had proof to show them. I drove back to the hotel and showed the man on reception. Eventually the more senior member of staff came out and looked through the computer this time and found that they did have a record of me paying the deposit in January. They refunded me the 50 pounds with the comment "this never normally happens!" Prehaps.... or prehaps people dont always realise and take your work for it in the first instance. This was the only thing that i was not very impressed with.

All in all a good hotel. Just watch your final bill, its pricey enough!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maccalewis
Anton_Phillips, General Manager at Langley Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Maccalewis - Thank you very much for posting your review following your stay - I am delighted that you enjoyed the wedding and your room - I noted your comments regarding the deposit paid - Reception have to balance their deposits every day and it is a most unusual occurrence for a mistake to be made - I am pleased that this was highlighted and that this was quickly resolved - I do hope that we have the pleasure of your company on another occasion - Best Regards - Anton

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I went to celebrate a birthday and pre booked. I arrived early requesting a candle for a cake which was kindly agreed. The receptionist was pleasant and helpful. Our tea was served quickly and staff came across numerous times to check all was well. Our sandwiches were dry and pretty tasteless. The scones were nice as were the cakes but they were also a little dry. Our bill was delivered half way through the tea which I was unhappy about and felt rushed. This isn't something I would expect from a 4*hotel. The bathrooms were dated and hand towel baskets dirty, again not up to 4* level and decor generally tired and dark. However the grounds were beautiful as was the castle. I did give some feedback to reception who didn't appear particularly interested which frustrated me fence this review. In terms of value for money I thought it was ok and pleased I haven't paid more but not as nice as jesmond dene house.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cat_ot

Dear Mrs.Dinning

I have just returned to the Castle from my days off and have noted your email following your recent afternoon tea for your mothers birthday.

We have worked hard to provide a consistently high standard of food, be it for, luncheon, dinner or afternoon tea.

All the sandwiches are made to order with freshly prepared fillings as are the pastries - these should not have been dry - but I will take steps to ensure that all these items are double checked by the kitchen team

Certainly the bill should have been presented at the end of the occasion.

The toilets and facilities are serviced every morning and every evening - there can be times, when items need to be replaced or topped up - All of these areas have been recently redecorated so should not be looking "tired"

I will not make any excuse for this lapse in our normally high standards and would offer my apologies

Best regards

Anton

Reviewed 13 May 2014

ask management for their thoughts on both before you book. be warned. Stay ruined by thoughtless guests and staff.Very expensive poorly cooked breakfast. I could go on and on tried to get apology but manager Anton would have none of it. big disappointment.

Room Tip: do not stay
6  Thank rex w

Dear Rex W - on your recent stay at Langley you brought 2 large Newfoundland Dogs to stay in your room - as you can tell, we love dogs and did not charge you any extra fee for having those dogs here.

The following morning another resident lodged a complaint at reception that your dogs had caused him a sleepless night. As I understand it this resident then recognized you as the owner of these dogs and that there was a frank exchange of views between yourselves. You were upset by this but this situation was a dispute between two members of the public, regarding the behaviour of your dogs, and was totally beyond our control. As such I do not think I can be held responsible for the actions and behaviours of members of the public. In saying that, those actions were prompted solely because of the disturbance caused by the behaviour of your dogs.
Best regards - Anton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Langley-on-Tyne
Matfen Hall
The George Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chollerford
Best Western Derwent Manor Hotel
The Black Bull Hotel

Been to Langley Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!