“Family celebration” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Langley-on-Tyne
United Kingdom
“Family celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

A very special family celabratiary meal made all the more memorable by outstanding spectacular surroundings, remarkable interior, fabulous food served by friendly efficient young staff who are credit to their employers.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Junevelyn
Anton_Phillips, General Manager at Langley Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Junevelyn - I am very pleased that you enjoyed your recent meal and visit to the Castle - The Castle can make a perfect venue for all sorts of family celebrations and the Pavilion offers the facility for private dining - I look forward to the pleasure of your company again soon - Best regards - Anton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
West Lothian, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband, son and I stayed for 2 nights in room 13 of the Castle View rooms earlier this week, and have to say that the hotel is amazing. The rooms are just gorgeous, and the attention to detail is fantastic. Beautifully kept grounds with peacocks and rabbits roaming around. Fantastic choice at breakfast with really good portion size. Staff were really friendly and helpful. The cream tea we had on arrival was lovely and served in the beautiful drawing room. Would recommend to anyone who wants a lovely relaxing break, and would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Moira G
Dear Moira - Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay and I am really pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay - We have lovely family rooms and we will have special offers available on our website throughout the year - I do hope we can welcome you back to Langley before too long - Best regards - Anton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

What a surprise? Shockingly beautiful, well kept, clean, polite and well appointed staff, all from the local area. A very passionate manager, ever improving everyone's stay. The food is outstanding the service second to none. Fantastic. Our wedding anniversary couldn't have been nicer. The rooms in the castle are comfortable and in keeping with the castle itself. Roll on next year so we may go back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne T
Dear Joanne - I am so delighted that you enjoyed your anniversary celebrations - I will post a copy of your review on the staff notice board and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Castle next year if not before - Best regards - Anton
Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

For a spontaneous trip away for the weekend, I found myself and girlfriend this Castle. On paper looks amazing & does not disappoint in the flesh!
We stayed in the Castle View Lodge & although this is the cheaper options of all the rooms it was still very classy and offered amazing views via its own personal balcony.
Following settling in, we headed upto the Drawing room. The drawing room is the old Hall within the Castle. This room is simply amazing, certainly if you like to sit within period features surrounded by Tapestries, Stained Glass Windows & comfy Sofas. We were greeted by warm welcoming staff whom were happy to help. We were offered the choice of two menus. One menu was for the 'Josephine Resteraunt' & the other menu for the 'Pavilion Resteraunt'. Both menus looked extremely appetising and offered a range of selection. Eventually we decided to go with the 'Josephine Resteraunt'. Our server took our order and we were left to enjoy our drinks until our table was ready.
Shortly after we were collected by an extremely pleasant waitress and we were taken to our table within the Resteraunt. Again the surroundings, atmosphere & attention to detail of the Resteraunt was second to non. The service I could not say a bad word against, until our starter arrived. Unfortunaltely we were faced with one minor blip. Our waitress (different to all previous) had brought our starters, one correct but one wrong. When we said that one was wrong, we were given attitude & told how we were wrong. This one incident had put a small dampener on our evening, as we we're very happy with the level of service and general Hotel. However all in all the meal was extremely delicious and very well time managed.
After the meal we headed back to our room. This part I really did not expect.
At around 1am I was awoken to see what I believe to be an apparition stood at the bottom of my bed!
Believe this or not, please ask the Blonde lady with Glasses at reception and she will be more then happy to tell my story, as I was so quick to explain after Breakfast!

Breakfast. Again I can't complain. Food quality and quantity was so good. Plenty of options, Fruit, Cereals, Full Northumberland & many many more.

Checkout was absolutely fine & no doubt a little different with my added story of my morning wake up call! But all in all, what a great stay, I certainly would recommend this place for anyone out there, wanting to visit somewhere with plenty of character.

Matthew Thompson.

Room Tip: Castle View Lodge, may be cheaper but does not fault on quality.
3 Thank Matthew T
Anton_Phillips, General Manager at Langley Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Matthew - I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Castle and that the food, service and hospitality (blip aside) lived up to your expectations - Even the "apparition" wake up call may have added to the authenticity of your stay. The Lodge rooms are that little bit further away from the main Castle, but with its own private roof terrace, I think they are charming - I do hope you will be able to return to Langley before too long - Best regards - Anton
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in Castle View room which was very roomy and comfortable. Excellent food in the Josephine restaurant and canapes in the drawing room. Some unusual ingredients beautifully presented and delicious. Huge breakfast choice and portion size if you would like. Staff professional yet friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough to make sure we had an enjoyable stay .Accommodation and gardens were exceptionally clean and beautifully kept. We made use of a Groupon deal but would happily stay at normal rates and will return. Cannot praise this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: Castle View Room 17
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Manddf _ thank you so much for your very kind words regarding your recent stay - Your comments regarding the service, food, accommodation and grounds and especially breakfast, are most welcome and are invaluable to my staff - I do look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Langley - Best regards - Anton
York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We took advantage of a Groupon offer for one night staying in a Castle View room but we were not disappointed.The accommodation was superb with an amazing array of toiletries and large, soft, white towels. The attention to detail is superb. We weren’t expecting the accommodation to be particularly good as the offer was extremely reasonable, but we were very pleasantly surprised. We have stayed in hotels all over the world, some of them 5 star, and this one is up there with the best. The cream tea was delicious, and the menu for the full breakfast was stunning, although we couldn’t manage more than cereal and toast after a heavy meal the night before. I would recommend the Josephine Restaurant for an evening meal if you are given a choice, as, unless the Pavilion is quite full, it doesn't have the same ambience, but the food is still very good.

Room Tip: The Castle View rooms are great, you don't have to stay in the Castle to be in the lap of luxury...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Lynne - I am very appreciate of you taking the time to post your review of your recent stay - I am delighted that you enjoyed the food and accommodations - we always have special offers available at short notice and these are published on our web site -I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Langley - Best regards - Anton
Cronulla, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We recently stayed at the Langley Castle Hotel in the Tindale room and what a gem we found.
The staff were exceptional, especially Anton the General Manager ,who could not do enough to make our stay special .We ate diner at the restaurant and found everything to be of high quality whether it be service, attitude and efficiency. The nature of the excellent staff is warm ,friendly but not obtrusive. We would highly recommend and will revisit again when next in the vicinity.

Room Tip: Worth spending a little more to stay in Castle room than Castle view rooms.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anton_Phillips, General Manager at Langley Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear 222997 - Thank you so much for your feedback, regarding your recent stay at the Castle - Your comments regarding the standards of food, service and attitude, but more importantly friendly nature of the staff - I will of course post a copy of your review on the staff board - I do hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Langley at some point - Best regards - Anton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langley-on-Tyne
Matfen Hall
The George Hotel
#1 of 1 in Chollerford
The Black Bull Hotel
BEST WESTERN Derwent Manor

Been to Langley Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!